Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Cue the old 'we're charlton athletic we're out of your league' song 
  • Options
    How are Walsall in the south  ?? Its further north than Birmingham. 
    Find a team lower than Walsall in the country, that are in the Northern Section... Aston Villa will be the exception, but they've probably split the Premier League sides so one section dont end up with all 20-teams..

Looking at Google - Walsall and Peterborough are as far North as each other

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/carabao-cup-draw-ball-numbers-24710678
    Derby must be further south than Walsall. 
    Your Geography is shocking :D
    But not as shocking as the chair he bought his mother-in-law.
  • Options
    Why are we playing a Polish team?
  • Options
    How are Walsall in the south  ?? Its further north than Birmingham. 
    Find a team lower than Walsall in the country, that are in the Northern Section... Aston Villa will be the exception, but they've probably split the Premier League sides so one section dont end up with all 20-teams..

Looking at Google - Walsall and Peterborough are as far North as each other

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/carabao-cup-draw-ball-numbers-24710678
    Derby must be further south than Walsall. 
    Your Geography is shocking :D
    West brom.

Also how were Birmingham in the southern section but Villa are in the northern?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Why are we playing a Polish team?
    Warsaw are further south than Brum
  • Options
    Last time I went to Walsall, Russell Slade was our manager, Nicky Ajose scored a brace & Andrew Crofts, JJ and Kevin Foley all started in midfield. Just ponder on that for a moment.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Last time I went to Walsall, Russell Slade was our manager, Nicky Ajose scored a brace & Andrew Crofts, JJ and Kevin Foley all started in midfield. Just ponder on that for a moment.
    My only visit there was during the Powell promotion season, so a slightly more loved side!
  • Options
    I remember us losing at home to Walsall in the FA Cup during our Premier League days. Last FA Cup game I saw before I moved to Thailand. Perhaps it had a subconscious bearing on my decision!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only time i went to Walsall was in the Curbs days, night match and we won 4-2.

Think it was the last match of our winning run before we lost at home to Swindon.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

They managed to score a goal without having a shot on target?! 

We did that at Colchester in the 80's, we won by an og that crawled over the  line and didn't reach the net. Really asserted ourselves on a lower league side that day :-)
  • Options
    good draw in many respects. Good chance of winning and going through and then in 3rd round when the big boys come in. (cue us losing!)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    sam3110 said:

They managed to score a goal without having a shot on target?! 

We did that at Colchester in the 80's, we won by an og that crawled over the  line and didn't reach the net. Really asserted ourselves on a lower league side that day :-)
    Was my 21st birthday - what a way to celebrate!

Not only an own goal but we weren't even attacking. No Charlton player touched the ball in their half, as I recall.
  • Options
    Anyone old enough on here to have been to their previous ground Fellowes Park, I haven't.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Anyone old enough on here to have been to their previous ground Fellowes Park, I haven't.
    Yes, a couple of times when we were relegated to the old 3rd division. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Yep Nov 80. Two  up really early. Holding out no problem until the last minute when a disastrous Dick Tydeman back pass let them in for an equaliser. If I remember correctly after the 0-0 draw at Barnsley on 1 October, this was the only game we did not win in an unbelievable run before losing 1-0 at Oxford on Boxing day.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    Sky Sports will feature two games from  Round Two of the Carabao Cup.

Bolton, who overcame Salford City in Round One, will host Steven Gerrard's Villa on Tuesday, 23rd August (kick-off 7.45pm).

And Tranmere have been rewarded for their epic 12-11 penalty shootout victory over Accrington Stanley with the visit of Newcastle on Wednesday, 24th August (kick-off 7.45pm).

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/sky-sports-games-selected-for-carabao-cup-round-two/

• Options
    clive said:
    Sky Sports will feature two games from  Round Two of the Carabao Cup.

Bolton, who overcame Salford City in Round One, will host Steven Gerrard's Villa on Tuesday, 23rd August (kick-off 7.45pm).

And Tranmere have been rewarded for their epic 12-11 penalty shootout victory over Accrington Stanley with the visit of Newcastle on Wednesday, 24th August (kick-off 7.45pm).

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/sky-sports-games-selected-for-carabao-cup-round-two/

Steven Gerrard's Villa, but not Eddie Howe's Newcastle  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Vote for your favourite goal of Round One in the Carabao Cup.

The goals to choose from are:

Dennis Adeniran – SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v Sunderland

Tyler Roberts – Charlton Athletic v QUEENS PARK RANGERS

Aaron Henry – CHARLTON ATHLETIC  v Queens Park Rangers

Carlos Mendes Gomes – LUTON TOWN v Newport County

Jacob Sorensen – NORWICH CITY v Birmingham City

Watch our shortlist of five and click here to cast your vote. You can also have the chance to win tickets for the Final.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/vote-for-carabao-cup-goal-of-the-round/

• Options
    clive said:
    Will these be in general sale ?
  • Options
    Interesting the fixture list on OS says 13.00 kick off... 
  • Options
    Interesting the fixture list on OS says 13.00 kick off... 
    Walsall v Charlton, a fixture with a long history of hooliganism. Moved to 1pm Tuesday on police advice.
  • Options
    It's because of the blackouts that will be in effect in a week or so.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Been afew times in the division 3 days of the 1970s.

Stood on 3 sides of the ground and always trouble. 

Hales winner

4-0 defeat and a certain MR Jones as full back.

Railway lines behind open end.

Proper football ground no matter what back then.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Been afew times in the division 3 days of the 1970s.

Stood on 3 sides of the ground and always trouble. 

Hales winner

4-0 defeat and a certain MR Jones as full back.

Railway lines behind open end.

Proper football ground no matter what back then.
    Yup, trouble was normal when we went to Fellowes Park ... not that it helped by us always going in the home end when we could
  • Options
    Unfortunately no TV coverage for this Walsall (big shock) so going to have to make do with the traditional audio coverage.

International TV games look to be:
    - Bolton v Aston Villa
    - Fleetwood v Everton
    - Tranmere v Newcastle