Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t realize he played in Germany and USA…..came across very well.
  • Options
    Holden provided positive news on Mandela Egbo…

“Manny actually joined the group today for the first time since I’ve been at the club. He’s been out for a long time. He only did the first part of the session – the warm-up and the passing exercises – but, having been through quite a few longer-term injuries myself, I know how important that is in the rehabilitation process. 

“Manny’s been brilliant since I came to the club,” he added. “Off the pitch he’s motivating, he’s driving standards and he’s always in our team meetings. It’s good to see him with his smile back on the pitch this morning. He’s nowhere near just yet from coming back in, but that’s a nice step for him.“

Will he be ready for Wembley ?
    At least we’ve got 4 right backs 
  • Options
    Wow... Great recovery from Manny!!
  • Options
    I do have a tendency to overrate new signings, but before his injury I was seeing him as possibly the best player in our squad.
    I think it'll make a real difference to us if he can regain full fitness.
  • Options
    Seems like a good lad too. One of the few players we have I feel can help build for next season.
  • Options
    Great news.
    Let's hope he comes through unscathed. Arguably our best signing in recent times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Great news.
    Let's hope he comes through unscathed. Arguably our best signing in recent times.
    He's played 9 times.. 
    It's a small sample but he currently holds the highest average mark on the Statbank...

Egbo 6.80
    Ness 6.75
    AMB 6.64
    Dobson 6.62

Team average 6.13
  • Options
    With the U21's today

Can't find a stream sadly. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Great news.
    He's played 9 times.. 
    Yup, easily enough time to judge a right back I reckon. He’s looked solid, at worst, in those games. 
    I guess you might find a striker who improves after nine games, finds his scoring touch etc. 
  • Options
    He’s back and he’s going to save our season!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Hopefully we can get a run of games with him and Sess as full backs but expect Clare will now play a fair bit on the left if Egbo's fit to start. 
  • Options
    Clare was awful at LB. Plays walking football.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't like him there just think it might happen. Egbo would probably be better on that side if the two of them started. 
  • Options
    Did Egbo play RB or LB when he came on as sub? 

Look forward to seeing more of him. He was electric at RB before getting injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RB
  • Options
    Think Thomas could be better at LB than Clare who I’d try in midfield asap. Perfect opportunity to do that now we’re (almost) safe. 
  • Options
    Any news on Egbo? He had ten minutes as a sub up at Morecambe, but have heard nothing since. Not on the bench at Cambridge, and didn’t feature for the U21s either. 
  • Options
    Similar to @JamesSeed, am interested in hearing if Egbo has had a setback or just a phased "return to work", rather than his smile ;)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Any news on Egbo? He had ten minutes as a sub up at Morecambe, but have heard nothing since. Not on the bench at Cambridge, and didn’t feature for the U21s either. 
    If I recall rightly, Holden said that he was going to be on the bench, but Sess became available and offers more options from the bench, so he decided to go with him instead.
  • Options
    Anybody spot him today? Has missed last very games and the latest U21 game. Was excited to see him back.
  • Options
    Somebody lacking the expertise to put a frame of Egbo on the front of the video with Egbo!?