Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Well thats a surprise - Didnt expect that name

But not surprised we've gone for someone who was with Swindon last season.

The fact he's a wing-back... the fact that O'Connell played centrally in a back three last season

I'd be very surprised if we didnt play 3-5-2 next term.
    Still too early to tell for me, even in a flat back four you want full backs who offer something in attack.
    Certainly be better if we do have players who can adjust systems if needed

Find someone like this on the left hand side, in a 4-3-3 type formation, and there might be hope for Kirk yet
  • Options
    Looks more like a Harlequins shirt.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Never thought I’d see the day when CAFC mimicked Love Island. Love it.

❤️ 
    Least we won't lose him to acting career 😂 made me laugh though!
  • Options

The fact he's a wing-back... the fact that O'Connell played centrally in a back three last season

I’d be surprised if we played 3-5-2 but probably too early to tell. If we start selling wingers and signing strikers and more centre backs then maybe. I think we would have kept Washington if 3-5-2 was the plan.

A New LB, O’Connell, Lavelle and Egbo will work fine as a back 4 and hopefully another centre back, 2 left backs and maybe another right back to be added as well to those options. 4-3-3 will be the main formation I reckon but culd see us also using 3-5-2 as Garner did a bit for Swindon last season but from what their fans have said about him he didn’t really get that to work for them and they returned to form once he switched back to his favoured 4-3-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someone insert 3 '+' symbols at the beginning and end of the thread title, otherwise this signing doesn't mean as much or attract the eye as much as Eoghan O'Connell's.
  • Options
    Hopefully a major improvement on Matthews and Gunter. 
    Welcome to the club and good luck.
  • Options
    The guy is a Love Island super fan judging by his Twitter feed, no wonder he was up for that embarrassing announcement video 🤣
  • Options
    Quite an impressive quote from young Mandela.

Hitting the ground running, forwards, upwards, one direction etc.

At least it's dynamic. 
  • Options
    Well I suppose I can regard this as my birthday present from CAFC - I’m 52 years young today

Welcome Mandela - please be a good present 
    Happy birthday mate.
  • Options
    I must be the only one who hadn’t got a clue what that introduction video was all about 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Garner is going to go after McKirdy too?

• Options
    I must be the only one who hadn’t got a clue what that introduction video was all about 🤷🏼‍♂️
    https://www.myimperfectlife.com/features/love-island-quotes-phrases

13. I’VE GOT A TEXT

The most iconic phrase of all. When the islanders shout “I've got a text” it means the Love Island gods (aka show producers) are intervening and something is about to go down. It's either a recoupling or elimination night announcement, news of a new arrival, a challenge or a date. You never know what you're going to get! 

• Options

I’d say 3-4-3 is more likely, can’t see Garner suddenly not playing with wingers. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Turning up in that shirt, doing the love island intro vid and speaking the way he does, excellent stuff exactly what I wanna see from a young player, loaded with confidence, good luck to the lad 👏🏻  
    I thought that too.