Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Marshall and Scott Lindsey - Marshall joins Garner at Colchester (p4)

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Are they really keeping the signage like that..?  I'd be calling back the signwriters pronto if I was in charge. Two different fonts ?!?!?!
    We've been using that font since the prem days. Not like you to miss out on some detail a moan up 
    Fixed. Never change Golfie 😉.
  • Options
    Are they really keeping the signage like that..?  I'd be calling back the signwriters pronto if I was in charge. Two different fonts ?!?!?!
    You know the Covered End sign is the same at the Valley? 
    Exactly and it’s “The Covered End” 😉
  • Options
    I can’t keep up with all these comings and goings, but if Bens happy, I’m happy.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    You know the Covered End sign is the same at the Valley? 
    Exactly and it’s “The Covered End” 😉
    And "The Valley".
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I like it.
    Likewise. 
  • Options
    I can’t keep up with all these comings and goings, but if Bens happy, I’m happy.
    I'm happy
    As always LLLBH 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I'm happy
    As always LLLBH 😉.
    Say it loud, brother
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    And why the fudging hell is the emergency LED on that light green and not red!!!!!! Where’s the attention to detail, no way are we going up at this rate!!!😤
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    It's the fine details like that that will get us to mid table in Division Three!  Get your CV to TS paulfox, it seems like there is a job frenzy going on down there.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Correct decision, let the Manager get in the backroom staff and players
    All day long, the worst thing that could happen would be Garner not having his own people.
  • Options
    Can we park all this pathetic and inconsequential talk about the sign’s font. It’s the fact that it is bowing that is the real cause for concern. BTW not that it is important at all, but people often get the meaning of font verses typeface wrong. You’re correct that the font is different but I reckon the typeface is the same and I wonder if you are confusing the two (on the assumption that everyone is less knowledgeable than me). Font is to do with size and boldness. Typeface is the style (eg Times New Roman and Helvetica). 
  • Options
    I’ve got a bit more to say about this sign actually perhaps we better have a seperate thread…
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    All day long, the worst thing that could happen would be Garner not having his own people.
    Well nuclear armaggeddon...

But your right.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Well nuclear armaggeddon...

But your right.
    Over Millwall in the Prem? Shut up
  • Options
    Whilst it's no surprise, this is starting to look like putting all your eggs in one basket....... fingers crossed the manager works out!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Whilst it's no surprise, this is starting to look like putting all your eggs in one basket....... fingers crossed the manager works out!
    We haven't spent a penny yet and the players that have potentially lost their places are MacKeeper, no one and no one.

We might dip back to Swindon for 1 or 2, or to off load 1 or 2.

This is the starter, it's very nice, but of course we won't remember that if the main course either never turns up or is inedible.  That's what happened last season.

How ever there is enough, all be it, circumstantial evidence that this time the manager is in charge.  Let's let him succeed or fail on his own merits?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    We haven't spent a penny yet and the players that have potentially lost their places are MacKeeper, no one and no one.

This is the starter, it's very nice, but of course we won't remember that if the main course either never turns up or is inedible.  That's what happened last season.

How ever there is enough, all be it, circumstantial evidence that this time the manager is in charge.  Let's let him succeed or fail on his own merits?
    Don't disagree at all, as long as the Owner allows the manger time to build, history tells us that's highly unlikely, so unless he hits the ground running and is a big success by January he's likely to be walking out the door shortly after, then what?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    That looks suspiciously like a Masonic hand shake to me……if so, it would explain everything. 🤝
  • Options
    Looks like Brian Connelly - if we can get Gary Wilmott and Bella Emberg we might be able to put a little madhouse together  
  • Options
    If one of the mistakes of last summer was not letting Adkins appoint his own back room team, which we are told by some was a mistake, then this has to be a positive that Garner is getting his chosen right hand man.

Time will tell if it’s the right team but it should at least be a united team, at least until we get beaten up and lose 2-0 at Accrington on the opening day of the season. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Looks like Brian Connelly - if we can get Gary Wilmott and Bella Emberg we might be able to put a little madhouse together  
    It’s a puppeeeeeet!!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Don't disagree at all, as long as the Owner allows the manger time to build, history tells us that's highly unlikely, so unless he hits the ground running and is a big success by January he's likely to be walking out the door shortly after, then what?
    Time isn't the issue, 3 of our last 4 promotions were on the back of players that's weren't there 10 months before.

Let the Manager, umm manage?

To be honest the last two weren't allowed to.  Statistically the wage bill and a half competent manager, allowed to do his job, should get us near the top six.
  • Options
    First team ASSISTANT coach, if Garner is manager does that mean a first team coach is going to be appointed? Jason Euell’s title was first team coach. 
  • Options
    They will all feel at home once they hear the red red robins…
  • Options
    Is that sign our version of the "Liverpool sign Bent" meme  ;)