Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    They’ve done a great job with both the NUFC and the Wolves home kit. If we get treated to something as classic / plain and simple (depending on your viewpoint) I’d be delighted.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Something to be considered for the new kits.

A Home Club will now be able to wear its ‘away’ or third kit where a clash may occur that would make it difficult for people who are colour blind to differentiate between the kits worn by both teams.

The amendment also allows Clubs to further ‘mix and match’ elements of their registered kits in order to avoid kit clashes. The EFL will also play a more active role in helping Clubs identify where a potential ‘colour blind kit clash’ may occur to give them adequate notice so that all necessary arrangements can be made in advance.

Surely the away side should be the one changing their kit. Indeed wearing their home kit if appropriate
    What if that’s a clash as well?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Something to be considered for the new kits.

A Home Club will now be able to wear its ‘away’ or third kit where a clash may occur that would make it difficult for people who are colour blind to differentiate between the kits worn by both teams.

The amendment also allows Clubs to further ‘mix and match’ elements of their registered kits in order to avoid kit clashes. The EFL will also play a more active role in helping Clubs identify where a potential ‘colour blind kit clash’ may occur to give them adequate notice so that all necessary arrangements can be made in advance.

Surely the away side should be the one changing their kit. Indeed wearing their home kit if appropriate
    What if that’s a clash as well?
    It would be pretty unusual if the away team had all 3 of their kits clashing with the home kit. Especially with most sides have one of their change strips being a bit creative.
  • Options
    It's why at the World Cup FIFA insists all clubs have a light strip and a dark strip, to help reduce clashes for TV
  • Options
    On top of this, the cost of shirts are ridiculous.  I saw Liverpool's one at £75 without names, numbers and badges.  With all this you'll be looking at £100.
    I went to see Real Madrid in 2019, the shirts were £150, incredible.
  • Options
    I don't like the Castore England Test shirt, the lack of buttons look odd for a cricket shirt. But do it in red, and it would make a decent Charlton shirt though

The Kent Castore shirt is more traditional looking

Quite like the one top right ...
    And she's thinking 'I wish I were tickling one of @LargeAddick balls.'
  • Options
    Waiting for the first signing to reveal the new kits……. 

(thought I’d get this rumour in there before anyone else does, wouldn’t be a summer window without it)
  • Options
    Kit will be unveiled mid July....about a week after the season starts
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    cafc999 said:
    Unveiled After… or on sale?  

What’s the point of unveiling it then!? Surely it’ll be obvious from the first game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Theoretically it will be worn in our first pre season game, unless they wear the training kit.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    If you try and buy anything online from the club it says the superstore is closed until July 1st. Could.....and I whisper this.....could they be launching the new kit early enough to be sensible?  I know Castore will probably be in charge from then on but they hopefully will have their kit in the store then.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Unveiled After… or on sale?  

What’s the point of unveiling it then!? Surely it’ll be obvious from the first game
    It was a joke
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Think shop reopens 1st July as far as I am aware. Guess the release will be in the next week or two with photos of the players wearing the new training gear when pre season begins.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Think shop reopens 1st July as far as I am aware. Guess the release will be in the next week or two with photos of the players wearing the new training gear when pre season begins.
    Yep, it's on the OS.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/shop
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Drove past Friday, shelves are emptied, all locked up, no work seemed to be happening as yet.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Sage said:
    Drove past Friday, shelves are emptied, all locked up, no work seemed to be happening as yet.
    Nobody on site this morning either 
  • Options
    Just under 3 weeks to put in new shelves and paint the walls... dont panic. 
  • Options
    Have the club stated when it'll be released? 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I’m guessing it’ll be July 1st on opening day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options

Ok, but what if our  pre season games start before a signing is made? We can't play in last years Hummel apparel. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    ozaddick said:
    I’m guessing it’ll be July 1st on opening day
    You’d imagine it’ll be before that, so they can maximise ‘opening day’ excitement/takings 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Not cheap either, I can see a lot of people being unhappy with the prices.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

NOT Castore ..  but errea

Lincoln shirt for 2022/23 .. they are not in a pickle, Branston is a potato grower and suppler :)

• Options

NOT Castore ..  but errea

Lincoln shirt for 2022/23 .. they are not in a pickle, Branston is a potato grower and suppler :)

I suspect that's another example of a sponsorship deal actually benefitting another company more! This Derby County shirt was sponsored by the trail builder Bombardier (who have a factory in Derby), but more people will think of Bombardier beer

Similarly, our red bus sponsor sounded like we were sponsored by London Transport!

good point
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Not cheap either, I can see a lot of people being unhappy with the prices / colour / design / pattern / lettering / numbering
    Fixed it for you.  New kit is ALWAYS met with a mixture of opinion but the way this fanbase is at the moment I expect a full on civil war when it’s released 😀
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    CafcWest said:
    Not cheap either, I can see a lot of people being unhappy with the prices / colour / design / pattern / lettering / numbering
    Fixed it for you.  New kit is ALWAYS met with a mixture of opinion but the way this fanbase is at the moment I expect a full on civil war when it’s released 😀
    Well I expect a full on civil war before it’s released and what are you gonna do about it 😉