Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    That Polo is in the shop for £38. Good quality I thought but it is expensive.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rothko said:
    any clues when the proper training kit will turn up, not the current stuff which is golf/running gear with a printed on badge
    At the weekend the players wore a fetching teal number with the badge on it and Castore logos. 

looks cheap and nasty.
    A bit like you Dicky <3
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    That Polo is in the shop for £38. Good quality I thought but it is expensive.
    Ask Santa nicely and you might get one on the big day. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Posting without reading, so once again forgive me if it's been said. We were doing the tourist bit "up west" on Thursday and came across the Castore shop in Knightsbridge. Only kits available in there were England cricket and some Scottish team from Glasgow. Makes sense in London...

At least the lad behind the jump actually knew what I was talking about when questioned, better than All Sports staff in Bromley a lifetime ago when I asked them about the lack of Addicks kits (when we were sponsored by the company).  
  • Options
    First game of the season today and no Charlton memorabilia in the club shop except shirts and kits. No black lettering either for the lighter coloured shirts. What an opportunity missed on day 1. However, on a positive note, staff in the shop are very helpful and professional. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rothko said:
    any clues when the proper training kit will turn up, not the current stuff which is golf/running gear with a printed on badge
    At the weekend the players wore a fetching teal number with the badge on it and Castore logos. 

looks cheap and nasty.
    Take this back, saw somebody wearing it yesterday and it looked pretty nice (might have just been to woman wearing it!). 
  • Options
    my white away shirt arrived yesterday, really nice piece of kit, my new favourite away, up to Nike standard .. has a feint grey pattern running through it, a bit like last season's FGR away shirt but not so obvious
    Be warned, the shirt is a slim fit .. if you normally buy large go for XL, if XL go for 2XL .. recommended even for 50 quid (they do last a long time, well mine do)  :)
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-launch-fourth-kit-saudi-27698992

Newcastle will be wearing their 4th kit against Brighton, as their 3 other kits all clash too much!
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-launch-fourth-kit-saudi-27698992

Newcastle will be wearing their 4th kit against Brighton, as their 3 other kits all clash too much!
    I thought that the Home side could now wear their away kit? Wouldn't that have solved the problem?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought that the Home side could now wear their away kit? Wouldn't that have solved the problem?
    make Newcastle wear Brighton's away shirt
  • Options

make Newcastle wear Brighton's away shirt
    unwashed and smelly ?
  • Options
    Surely there should be some sort of guidelines (and fines) for this? Each club has a simple task at the start of the season, design 3 kits such that you have at least one kit that doesn't clash with the other teams in your division. It shouldn't be difficult to achieve this. 

Newcastle shouldn't suddenly be surprised that Brighton wear blue and white stripes, they knew beforehand and failed to produce suitable kit. The answer isn't to allow a 4th kit, it's to insist that they produce a suitable kit within the 3 before this becomes and issue.
  • Options
    just make them wear Brighton's away kit
  • Options
    Surely this should be treated as them not being able to fulfil a fixture, 3-0 automatic loss and a hefty fine. Would stop others from doing the same.
  • Options
    Remember another team wearing the home teams change strip in a game once.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    There was a game we played where a team borrowed our away shorts didn't they? A couple of seasons ago 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    There was a game we played where a team borrowed our away shorts didn't they? A couple of seasons ago 
    We wore West Brom's blue shorts when we played them at the Hawthorns in 07/08.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Don't recall that one.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    iaitch said:
    Don't recall that one.
    Its a really hazy memory but I think whoever we were playing might have forgotten to pack shorts. It's driving me a bit mad trying to remember the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn’t we wear something of palaces in the eighties 
  • Options
    Didn't we borrow a teams shorts?
  • Options
    Saw a pic on Twitter a few days ago. Rob Lee playing for Charlton against Palace in the 80s. Rob is in the Nigels' away shirt. Ugh. Rob liked the Tweet though.
  • Options
    Saw a pic on Twitter a few days ago. Rob Lee playing for Charlton against Palace in the 80s. Rob is in the Nigels' away shirt. Ugh. Rob liked the Tweet though.
    Think this the game where Tony Lange bloke his ankle and Gritty went in goal.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Didn't we borrow a teams shorts?
    We wore West Brom's blue shorts when we played them at the Hawthorns in 07/08.
  • Options
    In 81 we wore Sheffield United's away kit in a 3-2 defeat.
  • Options

Their home kit plus the Saudi coloured kit i can understand, but surely they could wear their away kit?

Maybe it's just me but they're completely different shades of blue and one doesn't have huge white stripes. Not to mention Brighton's shorts are blue and Newcastle's away shorts are gold.

I just don't see how anyone could confuse the two kits to the extent they've had to go and produce a special one off 4th kit.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Morts yes that's the one I was referring to. Easter Monday, I think, a team came out wearing light blue with a red sash, lots of abuse ensued then another team came out wearing the Palace home kit. Lots of wtfs.

Think we lost 2-0, Mickey Paye made his debut that day, he played the following Saturday at home and never heard of again.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Morts yes that's the one I was referring to. Easter Monday, I think, a team came out wearing light blue with a red sash, lots of abuse ensued then another team came out wearing the Palace home kit. Lots of wtfs.

Think we lost 2-0, Mickey Paye made his debut that day, he played the following Saturday at home and never heard of again.
    I was there, what a shit day.