Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Sean Dyche to knock some discipline and organisation into whoever remains and whoever comes in for next season .. I can dream can't I
  • Options
    Seen Appleton mentioned a few times, he had a big break due to ill health this season didn't he? Pretty sure I read that is the reason he is leaving Lincoln.
    Nah think he left Lincoln because they werent happy with results.
    This. He only had couple of weeks off after surgery.

Current favourite for our new manager is the Shamrock Rovers manager - Stephen Bradley. Second fave is England U19s coach - Ian Foster.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sean Dyche to knock some discipline and organisation into whoever remains and whoever comes in for next season .. I can dream can't I
    These lot wouldn’t play for him and then be upset because he hurt their fee-fees.
  • Options
    My opinion regarding the list.

Darren Ferguson 4/1 Would accept.
    Mark Warburton 5/1 Would accept, but have some reservations.
    Lee Johnson 6/1 Would not accept.
    Roy Keane 8/1 Would not accept.
    Neil Harris 8/1 Would accept.
    Michael Appleton 8/1 Have reservations.
    Lee Bowyer 12/1 Never go back might apply here.
    Michael Beale 12/1 Would accept.
    Michael Duff 14/1 Would accept.
    John Eustace 14/1 Hmmmn.
    Rob Page 16/1 Hmmmn.
    Sean Dyche 16/1 Would accept.
    Mark Bonner 16/1 Adventurous risk I would accept.
    Michael Carrick 20/1 No idea.
    David Unsworth 20/1 He strikes me as being a bit out of the loop.

25/1 everyone else
  • Options
    I would've thought TS would have had someone lined up already. 

If you know Jackson isn't making 8th and you want him out it's likely that decision was made way before the last game of the season in his mind. Why wait around and only start planning what happens next today? 

If we don't have a manager heading into June I would be very very concerned. Especially because of the preseason being much earlier than most seasons. 
  • Options
    Long shot. Danial Farke.

Farke is a farking brilliant shout.

Would love to get him but I won't hold my breath as a doubt we could afford him or attract him to league 1
  • Options
    Jon Bon Jovi is 16 to 1 on Betfair. 
    Well his voice is shot and he is lip syncing lately so maybe he wants a change of career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:
    Seen Appleton mentioned a few times, he had a big break due to ill health this season didn't he? Pretty sure I read that is the reason he is leaving Lincoln.
    Nah think he left Lincoln because they werent happy with results.
    This. He only had couple of weeks off after surgery.

Current favourite for our new manager is the Shamrock Rovers manager - Stephen Bradley. Second fave is England U19s coach - Ian Foster.
    Lincoln have been linked with Bradley

Foster would fit the suggestion I made earlier, of the "unknown" coach who's made a reputation by coaching youngsters e.g. Critchley, Steve Cooper, Liam Manning
  • Options
    seth plum said:

John Eustace 14/1 Hmmmn.
    Rob Page 16/1 Hmmmn.

25/1 everyone else
    Rob Page would at least get Chris Gunter playing, as he'd think he was playing for Wales  ;)
  • Options
    Mark Bowen?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    These lot wouldn’t play for him and then be upset because he hurt their fee-fees.
    I am hoping that JJ's exit will be followed by a host of our current 'playing staff' departing and an influx of the new. This must surely happen though after the new manager comes in .. then Seanee can have his pick of hard working hard nuts  :)
    EDIT .. I'm also hoping that for Sandy the penny has dropped .. better to invest quite a LOT now rather than drip money in over a longer period and see it all pretty much wasted on third rate performances .. I repeat I HOPE !!!!!
  • Options
    of the names I've seen Michael Beale is definitely the standout name.  My concern is Neil Harris was, I believe,  extremely close to being appointed before we appointed Jacko previously.  I'd prefer Warnock to be honest!

Here's an article on Beale - well worth a read for those who are not aware of him.  Dare I say it - he sounds like he'd be a great fit for what TS is looking for..

• Options
    not Euell, like JJ before him, too much involvement with the first team being wank 
    He's not been sacked yet, Skiverton out the door right after JJ.  Jason would probably be an economic choice, he's applied before, he's all trained up and accredited.
    No idea if he's the answer but I wouldn't be at all surprised
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    not Euell, like JJ before him, too much involvement with the first team being wank 
    He's not been sacked yet, Skiverton out the door right after JJ.  Jason would probably be an economic choice, he's applied before, he's all trained up and accredited.
    I really have a huge amount of time for Euell but we need to clear the decks and restart sadly
  • Options
    WPAddick said:
    Jackson's departure can make sense if a better manager is already lined up ready to be involved in the recruitment process and plans for next season. That article which seems to suggest that TS believes the recruitment can continue separately to the office of the manager is really worrying. What players are going to sign without knowing who the manager is? It's one of the most important factors in a players' decision-making process. 
    Even more worrying is his comment that appointment of a new manager "might go very close up to pre-season" - that's fucking bonkers. 
    He is dangerously naïve. 
    ^This^ with bells on.  I was gonna just click 'like' but agreeing with WPA ain't the same thing as liking what's been said.  An exemplar unpalatable truth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

John Eustace 14/1 Hmmmn.
    Rob Page 16/1 Hmmmn.

25/1 everyone else
    Matt Taylor isn't even on this or the extended list of candidates offered by BV. There again, if you offered a book where the winner isn't even listed then you could, in theory, totally clean up!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    I really have a huge amount of time for Euell but we need to clear the decks and restart sadly
    A slightly odd scenario really with one of Jacko's coaches being sacked, and the other staying. 
  • Options
    I think I need a lie down having read these quotes. Whatever anyone thinks of JJ as manager, this is absolute tosh.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/thomas-sandgaard-claims-johnnie-jacksons-departure-will-not-affect-charltons-recruitment-plans/

Deeply concerning those comments.

• Options
    Would be happy with Michael Beale (I think?). All the others feel like an Alan Pardew type appointment. Uninspired yesterday’s men.

I really don’t know what to think about Charlton any more. Feels directionless.
    Massive moment for TS. 
  • Options
    Id have no issue with Appleton. Done okay with Lincoln and ground out some cracking results. Who knows what he would do with a bigger budget as it comes across that not much phases him.
    Warburton would be decent as that is a very experienced guy. The drop in form that QPR had though was extremely poor.
    Michael Beale would be interesting due to his pedigree as a coach. Les Reed was a good coach though......

Lee Johnson is a massive no. Just a little twat and generally unlikeable. 
    Darren Ferguson is also a no. 

Personally feel we need experience. Understand Adkins had that but was out the game too long.  
  • Options
    Michael Beale or Neil Harris for me. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sandgaard is quoted as saying that "even if an appointment is some way down the line it will not affect the club's recruitment' - Of course it will affect recruitment because the new manager should be building the squad he wants to fit his style. It worries me that we seem to be wanting to build a squad that a new manager has to inherit. Not sure that's how I'd want it if I was wanting to be the new manager. Who's the 'expert' at the club who is able to determine exactly what the new/unappointed/unknown manager wants? It's a massive, massive risk. I say, get the managerial appointment done as a priority and involve that manager from the outset.............unless you want the same excuse as this year with "I inherited a group of players"........"not what I needed"....................""let's re-group and build for 23/24"........blah, blah, blah.
  • Options
    I'd like a young, progressive coach, but with an experienced head helping him, in the type of role that Lennie used to have. Someone who'd genuinely not after the top job or massaging his ego.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Michael Beale or Neil Harris for me. 
    So you basically want order in the world, or just want to sit back and watch the world burn on here?
  • Options
    Beale is interesting in that his star has waned a bit since the last time he was linked.

Villa don't look much cop under Gerrard so if he's supposedly "the brains" of the operation, what does that say?