Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Sean Dyche is free....
  • Options
    Hayes?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Michael Laudrup is my guess. As someone pointed out lots of links to mark Warburton now at the club as well. 
  • Options
    On the othet thread I said Beale or Mark Bowen. 

His attempt to revitalise Afc Wombles came too late. Genuine Charlton pedigree as well. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Warburton would be great if he’s convinced by the ‘project’ although I know he’d be very cautious after seeing what happened to the last experienced manager we brought on.

Beale is a talented young coach. Exciting but obvious risks involved with anyone taking on their first manager’s role.

Appleton has just left Lincoln after a disappointing year. They lost a lot of key players last summer and struggled but he’s shown he can have teams performing at the top of this table and beyond.

Duff and Bonner are probably my two favourites who both have two things: 1. as younger managers, they’ll  bring fresh ideas and 2. know enough about managing football teams that I wouldn’t be concerned about them falling apart.
  • Options
    Michael Beale would be my No1 pick , can see it being someone in that ilk that's got experience coaching at a top level but hasn't been a No1.

Not sure about Warburton or Mowbray being realistic options, same with Darren Ferguson who I've seen mentioned on Twitter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Not going to happen but I would go for the Wycombe manager.
    Ainsworth is a good shout. Might he be QPR’s choice if Wycombe don’t go up?

Just a warning with him though, if you thought the football under Bowyer / Adkins / Jacko was ugly…
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Probably best to ask the most in the know person DFT from Into the Valley. Just waiting for Euell to be sacked now. Isn't he your mate @blackpool72?
  • Options
    Gus Poyet
  • Options
    Not sure on Warburton, could do with a young fresh coach. Someone from league 2 perhaps? 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Warburton would be great if he’s convinced by the ‘project’ although I know he’d be very cautious after seeing what happened to the last experienced manager we brought on.

Beale is a talented young coach. Exciting but obvious risks involved with anyone taking on their first manager’s role.

Appleton has just left Lincoln after a disappointing year. They lost a lot of key players last summer and struggled.

Duff and Bonner are probably my two favourites who  both have two things: 1. bring fresh ideas and 2. know enough about managing football teams that I wouldn’t be concerned about them falling apart.
    Why would Beale leave a well paid job at Villa, where Gerrard allows him to get on with all of the coaching to come to Charlton, probably be paid less and potentially have a reputation ruined, to work with an ego maniac, who puts his son in as chief scout.  
    When was Martin Sandgaard appointed chief scout?
  • Options
    Harris.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The Blackburn manager is free after next weekend.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Appleton has just left Lincoln after a disappointing year. They lost a lot of key players last summer and struggled.

Duff and Bonner are probably my two favourites who  both have two things: 1. bring fresh ideas and 2. know enough about managing football teams that I wouldn’t be concerned about them falling apart.
    Why would Beale leave a well paid job at Villa, where Gerrard allows him to get on with all of the coaching to come to Charlton, probably be paid less and potentially have a reputation ruined, to work with an ego maniac, who puts his son in as chief scout.  
    Poor wording; apologies. He's heavily involved in recruitment with no history in football.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Taylor is actually not a bad shout, but i think he would probably want to give it a good go with Exeter after being promoted
  • Options
    If I had to guess what TS is going to do I'd say a foreign head coach type.
  • Options
    Can we start name dropping Gary Rowett

Ex-Charlton player... and hopefully we can unsettle Millwall going into next weekend - Although saying that, none of them can read so its probably pointless. 

Absolutely NO.
  • Options
    Warburton for me.
  • Options
    I wonder what Karel Fraeye is up to.  
  • Options
    This is a bit of a fear for me, simply because I would like to think the next bloke has a bit of a handle on our specific location, culture and history.
    However if we win I wouldn't care.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I wonder what Karel Fraeye is up to.  
    Not employed in football since 2016, thank God.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

Poor wording; apologies. He's heavily involved in recruitment with no history in football.  
    Do you need an extensive history in football to read data? My understanding was he's working on the algorithm that evaluates players and then feeding that in to the data analysts to present players as suggestions. In that case someone with a history of data analysis is probably better suited to it than, say, Ben Thatcher would be despite his long history in football. But then maybe Martin does more or less than that, it's hard to say