Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Only thing that doesn't make sence to me is that any new manager will probably want to bring in his own backroom staff. 
    Sandgaard has just appointed several new coaches.
    Don't make sense. 
    Especially Skiverton, who was Jacko's personal choice

• Options
    cfgs said:
    What worries me is who comes next and what method or who will be in charge of recruitment this summer. As in maybe JJ didn't have a voice and was let go because of it.
    I'm beginning to feel that this is why Bowyer walked when he did, he knew what was coming.
  • Options
    So we're now basically going into the summer with no Manager

But apparently we know our targets

Like @Cafc43v3r has said a few times, how can we build a squad of players, when they may well be individuals that the new man doesnt even want - This for me, sets us back massively.
    I suppose that depends on how quickly the new man arrives. If he joins within the next couple of weeks, he'll be heavily involved in the recruitment process
  • Options
    Sad and slightly surprised. The whispers were that he'd go but I was starting to think he'd be staying on as nothing had been announced.

I could see Appleton or Hasselbaink as the replacements but I'd go for Powell personally. 

Anyway, good luck Jacko a club legend and sad to see him go. I do think with the right backing in the Summer he could have been successful but a fresh start may be for the best.  
  • Options
    Shocked and suprised by that.  Thought Sandgaard said he was in his plans for next season...we don't know the full story - maybe JJ agreed he couldn't do any more.  Maybe more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    I thought this was inevitable. I don't think Sandgaard really wanted JJ when he got the job full time after Adkins. Also TS is basically an American businessman and American businesses hire and fire for fun. 
    I would be very surprised if this wasn't decided a while ago and I'd also be surprised if we don't get a relatively quick ( foreign, possibly even American ) replacement who has already been lined up. 
  • Options
    Not shocked at all.
    Clearly the next appointment will be crucial, and needs to be very quick.
    Club legend of course, but they don't always have the right stuff to be manager.
    We can't continue to be a work in progress forever, but if Sandgaard makes a Dowie type of appointment we have had it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like Michael Duff but I imagine he's keeping an eye on the Burnley job if they go down
  • Options
    Adkins is available.
  • Options
    The return of a fan favourite

• Options
    I wanted JJ to stay and be backed.  But now it’s happened in the manner that it has I’m weirdly more excited for next season, it feels like TS means business and showing his ruthless side.  Time will tell of course.  Literally no idea who’s coming in.
  • Options
    Well that is a surprise. in the interview at the player of the year dinner it did not sound like he was even thinking of doing this.
    I fear we will end up with the no hoper from Yeovil as manager, who will go along with Sandagaards idea of running a football team on a shoe string.
    Also cannot imagine any good manager would take the job under the contract conditions Jackson had to.
    I fear the worse for the summer, I really hope I am totally wrong too.
  • Options
    Russell Slade has unfinished business I have heard.
  • Options

If only you could still flag!
  • Options
    Surprised that TS has done it but on balance probably the right decision. Practically everyone on here has said that we need a full rebuild from top to bottom, well we've seen some new faces come in at the exec level and next has to be coaching so I think this is correct. I do agree that it doesn't give much time but there is never going to be a good time to do this, the alternative was we give JJ all summer, have a say in shaping the new squad and then when things don't go right we are sacking him a few months into the season and around we go again with another new manager who doesn't have his own players.

Thank you though Johnnie, it really is a shame things haven't worked out, you gave us many great memories as a player that will stay with us forever. Really do hope you go on to achieve success as a coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Felt he deserved a full season with his own squad. You cdnt wish to meet a nice bloke than jj and he's been a great player and servant for us.

The next appointment is absolutely crucial..maybe its been made already? 
  • Options
    "Something was wrong", but it always is with us.

Jacko has not been very positive for months now, from the approach to the games, to pre and post match interviews. Maybe it helps us look forward to things this Summer as keeping Jacko would have been the cheaper option you would think.

Looking at Pearcy's wordings of who didn't want him, maybe he's going to be our next Gaffer!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-part-company-with-manager-johnnie-jackson/

It was reported at the time that the ex-midfielder’s deal only ran until the end of the campaign with an automatic extension triggered by league finish. The South London Press understands that involved Charlton finishing in the top eight.
    Fair play to him for sticking to his guns around that clause. Surprised he's done it, but a real show of intent for next season. I'd imagine the manner in which we lost on Saturday may have played a part in the decision.
  • Options
    So we're now basically going into the summer with no Manager

But apparently we know our targets

Like @Cafc43v3r has said a few times, how can we build a squad of players, when they may well be individuals that the new man doesnt even want - This for me, sets us back massively.

Head coach continental style set up? 
    Perhaps the recruitment team have been identifying targets that fit the new man's known style and preferred formation.

Again, just the same as last summer, not a fan of..

"Dear manager, here's players ABC, promotion and don't chase the long balls please 🥰"

• Options
    Our club really is a sack of shit!
  • Options

Someone dig out the Michael Appleton mug shot!
  • Options
    Not totally surprised by this . As much as I love Jackson  , he didn't look capable of being a manager at this level . I dread to think who will be his replacement.  Surely not his son ?