Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    What worries me is who comes next and what method or who will be in charge of recruitment this summer. As in maybe JJ didn't have a voice and was let go because of it.
  • Options
    Stupid decision. Now we start again because we demand instant success. Will we ever learn?
    I get the feeling TS wants more of a coach who get their team playing attractive passing football and playing out from the back. Could argue Jackson never had the players for it but he never appeared to be that type of manager.
  • Options
    big mistake in my opinion, no chance to have a full pre-season and shape his own team

this'll come back to bite us on the arse
    Got to be on a wind up? What has he shown you that makes you think this will bite us in the arse. 

In my view, we can't do any worse, great decision from TS.
  • Options
    Neil Harris incoming....... please no!!!!!
  • Options
    Genuinely shocked by that and would have given him the summer, but maybe lessons learned from last year

TS not afraid to pull the trigger is he?  If JJ genuinely had to finish top 8 from where we were when he took over then I’m sorry but that’s a joke.
  • Options
    We need stability now. Whoever gets the job needs backing and time. 

3 managers at an (guessed not calculated) average games in charge of 30 over two seasons is very poor
  • Options
    Definitely bittersweet. Now TS has to get it right and quickly so we avoid another recruitment balls up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kin ell. Shocked. Hope the next move is the correct move.
  • Options
    @LouisMend will we be getting a Charlton Live 1hr special tonight?
  • Options
    Wow, I genuinely didn't see that coming, thought he'd be given the chance to rebuild 'his' team over the summer.

I'm generally on the side of thinking it's a good thing though to be honest, thought we looked very naive and poorly coached after the initial bounce.

Depends who we get in though.
  • Options
    All the best to JJ, next manager appointment is so bloody critical, a statement of intent by TS or just his management style, coming from a US company, failure normally results in the sack.  Oh well pages and pages on the next incumbent. 
  • Options
    Not surprised... The person who told me a few weeks ago was out by two days
    Any other predictions from your contact?  ;)
  • Options
    I suppose that probably explains why we haven't been renewing contracts yet?
    And Sunday’s performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we don’t get promoted next season, this is the beginning of the end for TS. 

Baffling decision.
  • Options
    Well he's certainly getting things done early
  • Options
    Blimey. Big call from Sandgaard.  Let's hope he knows what he is doing.  

• Options
    edited May 2022
    not the right answer lets be honest the players this year have been appauling and that is something to a certain extent is out of his control - time to have a crack at management is when you are managing a club in a spot of bother at the wrong end of the table and whos fan base have a top 6 minimum ambition. 

Harris 
    Warburton 
    a return of bowyer 

are a few i've seen banded around. 

• Options
    jbaker said:
    Wonder if he knew this Sunday night????
    Absolutely no chance he knew this Sunday night. Not a chance
  • Options
    Genuinely surprised with the timing but that smacks of good planning if they already have someone in mind / tapped up. I hope they have only made the decision with some work having been done to secure a successor.

I can only wish JJ good luck in the future - he'll always be a club legend. 

• Options
    With Jackson going, looks like it’s going to be a complete rebuild because any incoming manager will want sizeable input.

Wonder if it’s going to be a young Dane?

All the best Johnnie.