Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Anyway jokes aside, I know I am always so vocal about how the club is being run - but like all of us I love Charlton with all my heart. But I mean a fucking London Knights ex employee - we can do better than that surely.

He is clearly just a puppet to TS - and that's not good enough.

I am sure I am not the only fan on this board that's better qualified than him.

I have said this before - I emailed Thomas and said I would give up my advisory role at Brentford and offered a set number of hours for free. Heard nothing back. My lead investor is part of one of the consortiums short listed to takeover Chelsea. I have spent the last month guiding and advising on his teams bid. I have 22 years experience in sports and entertainment marketing.

We will have loads of fans who love the club and can offer better experience than this guy.

It is so fucking frustrating on every level.
    Well hang on, there's absolutely no evidence for that. Yes, it's odd that Sandgaard is appointing people he knows, but that's the way he does things. He didn't know Ged Roddy, who had a great footballing CV, and he didn't turn out too great so I think now Sandgaard is going for people he knows. There were rumours that Sandgaard wasn't happy about the amount he was being kept informed when Roddy was in so the placement of people he knows is likely a reaction to that. Whether he's over-corrected or not we'll see, but it seems a bit much to rule this guy out as being able to handle himself completely because you know someone with a better CV, especially with Roddy's in mind. Let's just see
    Ged Roddy DID NOT have a great CV!
    But his son is a cracking player. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    So looking on the positive side of things - in what way was he deemed a cheat code in the ice hockey world?  Perhaps we could wait and see what he offers and maybe even support him - I know it’s a radical thought for some but can’t we at least try?
    It was a joke after Inniss was called a cheat code on here recently.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @The only cheat code with Inniss is someone keeps pressing his R2 button causing him to foul people.  Or as we saw last week attempted murder!
  • Options
    This does mean though that there's no chance of us getting undersoil heating installed now, as if the pitch is frozen we'll stage a game of ice hockey instead
    Funny you should say that because the boiler for undersoil heating has been installed 10 years after Duchachatelat but the pipes in.

But maybe it has a "very cold" option 🤔 
    Good news, I never knew that. It's not been announced?
  • Options
    This does mean though that there's no chance of us getting undersoil heating installed now, as if the pitch is frozen we'll stage a game of ice hockey instead
    Funny you should say that because the boiler for undersoil heating has been installed 10 years after Duchachatelat but the pipes in.

But maybe it has a "very cold" option 🤔 
    Good news, I never knew that. It's not been announced?
    No, not sure why not as good news.

Maybe they are saving it to announce the same time as the plastic pitch 😘
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    So looking on the positive side of things - in what way was he deemed a cheat code in the ice hockey world?  Perhaps we could wait and see what he offers and maybe even support him - I know it’s a radical thought for some but can’t we at least try?
    Most believed that Brian and the Knights' incredible success was down to how slippery Brian managed to get the ice at their London Arena. What people don't realise is that the secret to his success was how slippery he got the puck on game day.

Unfortunately, Brian's greasy puck was eventually his downfall - as it stopped being about winning hockey matches, but rather how slippery can one man make his puck?

Something to keep an eye on during Brian's tenure at the Valley.
  • Options
    Anyway jokes aside, I know I am always so vocal about how the club is being run - but like all of us I love Charlton with all my heart. But I mean a fucking London Knights ex employee - we can do better than that surely.

He is clearly just a puppet to TS - and that's not good enough.

I am sure I am not the only fan on this board that's better qualified than him.

I have said this before - I emailed Thomas and said I would give up my advisory role at Brentford and offered a set number of hours for free. Heard nothing back. My lead investor is part of one of the consortiums short listed to takeover Chelsea. I have spent the last month guiding and advising on his teams bid. I have 22 years experience in sports and entertainment marketing.

We will have loads of fans who love the club and can offer better experience than this guy.

It is so fucking frustrating on every level.
    Well hang on, there's absolutely no evidence for that. Yes, it's odd that Sandgaard is appointing people he knows, but that's the way he does things. He didn't know Ged Roddy, who had a great footballing CV, and he didn't turn out too great so I think now Sandgaard is going for people he knows. There were rumours that Sandgaard wasn't happy about the amount he was being kept informed when Roddy was in so the placement of people he knows is likely a reaction to that. Whether he's over-corrected or not we'll see, but it seems a bit much to rule this guy out as being able to handle himself completely because you know someone with a better CV, especially with Roddy's in mind. Let's just see
    You can argue the merits of Roddy's, and Adkins, CVs until the cows come home.  I think there has to be questions asked about both the job they were given and how much influence they had over anything.

It's the same as the players actually.  The CVs (or the people) were bent to Thomas's desire, as opposed to influence it. 
  • Options
    I thought he might come in and Keohane leave, so keeping the wage bill under control.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has been confirmed today by the club! 
  • Options
    Blimey, been a good few days for the ‘ITK’ mob on here/ITTV! 

Look a positive appointment, as it’s more or less the role of CEO just under a new title!
    has Keohane gone, wasn’t he COO? 
  • Options
    It looks like good news to me.
    I don't know a lot about Jokat's ability, but hopefully he's a positive addition.
  • Options
    welcome aboard 
  • Options
    Was this previously known?

I have been fortunate to have been previously involved in Charlton Athletic Community Trust from 2005 to 2012
  • Options
    Whilst this quote clearly confirms that Sandgaard is looking to sell...

Brian’s knowledge will help drive us to becoming Premier League-ready on the business side.
  • Options
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/brian-jokat-9a34884

The Icelandic 62 year old was rumoured to be our new COO on twitter by @churchyruns and by @RedRobin here on the Tony Keohane thread.

Jokat was CEO of the London Knights Ice Hockey side and worked for AEG for five years as well as being an ice hockey coach.

He's had various sports consultancy roles too and has been based in Europe for over  20 years.

He has a degree in Sports Administration.

Rumours say COO not CEO although that might, IMHO, be a title to allow TS to remain CEO while Joket is the on the ground, de facto CEO. My speculation only.

Nothing official so WIOTOS but @RedRobin said Joket has said it himself.
    As I thought he's the de facto CEO 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Welcome to Charlton Athletic, Brian Jokat.

Good luck in your job as COO, But I hope you realize that the PUCK stops with you.
  • Options
    So what's happening with Keohane?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Whether burger boy is relived of his duties or not, I think he'll go...he won't put up with someone telling him what to do, bully's don't like that! 
  • Options
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/brian-jokat-9a34884

The Icelandic 62 year old was rumoured to be our new COO on twitter by @churchyruns and by @RedRobin here on the Tony Keohane thread.

Jokat was CEO of the London Knights Ice Hockey side and worked for AEG for five years as well as being an ice hockey coach.

He's had various sports consultancy roles too and has been based in Europe for over  20 years.

He has a degree in Sports Administration.

Rumours say COO not CEO although that might, IMHO, be a title to allow TS to remain CEO while Joket is the on the ground, de facto CEO. My speculation only.

Nothing official so WIOTOS but @RedRobin said Joket has said it himself.
    As I thought he's the de facto CEO 
    Allowing TS to focus more on the football side?…
  • Options
    clive said:
    Sandgaard said: “Brian has a wealth of experience and contacts, and is a really important addition to the club. He will lead on all our business activity as we look to increase our commercial revenue.

I thought that was Mumford's role?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Sandgaard said: “Brian has a wealth of experience and contacts, and is a really important addition to the club. He will lead on all our business activity as we look to increase our commercial revenue.

I thought that was Mumford's role?
    Presumably the business activities are anything non football, and Mumford then reports to jokat