Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Zlatan Ibrahimovic nailed on to be our first signing of the summer  :) 
  • edited April 2022
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEG acquired in 1996 by https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolux

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschutz_Entertainment_Group founded in 1994, prior to Electrolux’s acquisition of the German company two years later.

• Two totally different companies.

Anschutz Entertainment Group
    Allgemeine Elektricitats GmbH

• Two totally different companies.

Anschutz Entertainment Group
    Allgemeine Elektricitats GmbH

Yeah, but, no, but
  • I'm not 100% on this, but i think they might be 2 different companies. Can anyone confirm?
       :)
  • I'm not 100% on this, but i think they might be 2 different companies. Can anyone confirm?
    While you’re at it, does anyone know the Yeovil score?
  • Shame we didnt have AEG as our owners.

We'd have hoovered up the talent and we'd have long washed our hands of League One Football
  • OK OK .. excuse my muddled mind !! ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

We'd have hoovered up the talent and we'd have long washed our hands of League One Football
    We could’ve got Hugo Boss on board to supply the uniforms, sorry kits.

We could’ve got Hugo Boss on board to supply the uniforms, sorry kits.
    Wehrmacht grey or SS black away kits ?
  • His CV looks to be strong in partnerships but nothing I can see heading up an operations department? Would make more sense as Commercial Director than COO.
  • edited April 2022
    Vfrf said:
    His CV looks to be strong in partnerships but nothing I can see heading up an operations department? Would make more sense as Commercial Director than COO.
    Chief Executive Officer, London Knights Ice Hockey ClubChief Executive Officer, London Knights Ice Hockey Club
    Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) - GermanyAnschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) - GermanyMay 1999 - Sep 2001 · 2 yrs 5 mos

He also ran a venue for AEG for two years.

But I agree more Commercial and CEO type experience than COO
  • Also noted on Linkedin that he has connections to David White (former CAFC Director and CACT trustee), Peter Varney (former CAFC CEO and CACT trustee) and Steve Sutherland (won 15 to 1 on Channel 4)
  • https://uk.linkedin.com/in/brian-jokat-9a34884

The Icelandic 62 year old was rumoured to be our new COO on twitter by @churchyruns and by @RedRobin here on the Tony Keohane thread.

Jokat was CEO of the London Knights Ice Hockey side and worked for AEG for five years as well as being an ice hockey coach.

He's had various sports consultancy roles too and has been based in Europe for over  20 years.

He has a degree in Sports Administration.

Rumours say COO not CEO although that might, IMHO, be a title to allow TS to remain CEO while Joket is the on the ground, de facto CEO. My speculation only.

Nothing official so WIOTOS but @RedRobin said Joket has said it himself.
    I actually know some of the big wheels from the London Knights. 

One of them described Brian as a 'cheat code' in the British Ice Hockey Superleague. 

Fingers crossed his talents translate to League One of the EFL.
    Someone on here described Inniss as a league one cheat code a couple of weeks ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Early days, but the signs are encouraging.

Black suit - check
    Scandi origins - check
    North American accent - check

Wonder if he thinks like Sandgaard?
  • https://uk.linkedin.com/in/brian-jokat-9a34884

The Icelandic 62 year old was rumoured to be our new COO on twitter by @churchyruns and by @RedRobin here on the Tony Keohane thread.

Jokat was CEO of the London Knights Ice Hockey side and worked for AEG for five years as well as being an ice hockey coach.

He's had various sports consultancy roles too and has been based in Europe for over  20 years.

He has a degree in Sports Administration.

Rumours say COO not CEO although that might, IMHO, be a title to allow TS to remain CEO while Joket is the on the ground, de facto CEO. My speculation only.

Nothing official so WIOTOS but @RedRobin said Joket has said it himself.
    I actually know some of the big wheels from the London Knights. 

One of them described Brian as a 'cheat code' in the British Ice Hockey Superleague. 

Fingers crossed his talents translate to League One of the EFL.
    Someone on here described Inniss as a league one cheat code a couple of weeks ago.

• Surely the main criteria for such appointments is the multiple of English Football knowledge greater than an average sky viewer.  I have heard the benchmark for our recruitment team is 10x, so assume we have set a reasonable bar at at least 12 x for c suite appointments?
    Without these sorts of in depth technical reviews and background checks for key Club appointments I am starting to doubt that the stated goal of walking into the Premier League in 4 years is realistic.

• So this new guy, who may or may not be joining, he wears Hugo Boss suits and has a powerful ice hockey shot?
  • from wiki .. ' During the Second World War, AEG worked with the Nazi Party and benefited from forced labour from concentration camps.'
    Even if you had the right AEG you're digging out an electrical appliances firm for something they did when their country was run by Nazis. I doubt many organisations said no to Hitler and his masses. Just ask Hugo Boss.
  • I am 99% certain this appointment will involve some kind of pre existing link to somebody at the club or TS himself.

I think I mentioned before, an industry friend of mine has a CV that includes CCO Aston Villa (plus acting CEO for a 6 month period), C Suite roles at the FA and also two F1 teams.

Basically a CV that shat all over this guys.

We submitted his CV to the club with any future roles in mind a few months ago and heard nothing back. 

He could sort this place out with his eyes shut, so the fact he didnt even get an interview suggests:

1) A guy was already in place.
    2) He was recognised as being vastly overqualified / too expensive.
    Quick Google suggests your mate is vital to the health of a football club's entire body? 
  • London Knights ice hockey and AEG?

we are officially moving to a new ground on the peninsula…