Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland is fundraising but @RedJohn has bad news (p48)

Comments

• So sorry to read this Beds, you can beat this and you have every Addick behind you. Stay strong & keep going. 
  • Make sure you come on here once a day.  You can and will beat this. 

Stay strong and enjoy every single second with your loved ones.
  • Sorry to hear this.  As others have said stay strong and fight it in every way possible. 
    Lets hope it has been diagnosed early and treatments give you a speedy recovery. 
  • Beds, terrible news to receive, it must be devastating for you and your family.  Stay strong and, with any justice, you'll get through this horrible time okay.   

Remember, you are already one of the lucky ones, possibly not for being a Charlton fan just at the moment, because you have the love and friendship of your family, friends and us misfits on Charlton Life.
  • So sorry to hear this. Can only echo the sentiments that have come before. Hope you can take strength from all the people supporting you.
  • All the very best to you Beds 'Mr Film' Addict.
  • Really sorry to hear this. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending positive vibes your way
  • So sorry to read your devastating news. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. You are an inspiration by opening to us here at Charlton Life, and I sincerely hope that in it's own modest way this forum can keep you company during whatever the road ahead may present you with.
    Thank you
  • I don’t know you but Kia Kaha! mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best wishes and positive thoughts to you Beds. You can take heart that you have so many people on your side. You’re a Charlton fan so you know how to face adversity ✊
  • Gutted to hear this. Always enjoy your comments here on CL. I hope you can stay positive and fight the illness. Best of luck. 
  • edited March 2022
    Chin up beds. Nothing that can’t be sorted mate.
  • Grim news, keep strong, thinking of you in your journey to recovery.
  • Very sorry to hear this and wish you all the best with your treatment.

On a practical level, my wife became a trustee of the Pancreatic Cancer UK charity last year. They have a lot of information on their website including details of support groups etc.

https://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/
    Funnily enough I rang them yesterday and spoke to a nurse ( apparently they only have seven ) called Cheryl. She was very helpful and will be calling me after my news on Monday. 
    Thanks 
    It's really good that you've been open about this - will make you feel less alone with the battle.

Plenty of support on here - good to have an extended family....

• Very sorry to hear this and wish you all the best with your treatment.

On a practical level, my wife became a trustee of the Pancreatic Cancer UK charity last year. They have a lot of information on their website including details of support groups etc.

https://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/
    Funnily enough I rang them yesterday and spoke to a nurse ( apparently they only have seven ) called Cheryl. She was very helpful and will be calling me after my news on Monday. 
    Thanks 
    It's really good that you've been open about this - will make you feel less alone with the battle.

Plenty of support on here - good to have an extended family....

Yes, you can guarantee on the support of this wonderful community - I've been on the receiving end and I know what it means.

We've all got your back, Beds.
  • Sorry to hear the news mate, you're one of the longest term posters on here.

It's great that you have a positive mindset, stay strong and you can beat this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very difficult news, try to stay strong and appreciate every day, your family and friends. Also Charlton come rain, come shine!
  • Sorry to hear of your news, wishing you and your family all the very best.
  • Good luck with your treatment, wishing you all the best. 
  • So sorry to hear your news, very best wishes for your treatment.

• Addenbrooks is a top hospital, I'm sure you'll get the very highest medical care possible. MacMillan are a fantastic service for cancer patients and if you have things you want to discuss, with or possibly without your family, they  will help you, anything from the disease/treatment/ emotional /relationship issues (even money) and what is available.Find them on the internet.Best wishes to you and your family at this tough time. Dont be afraid to ask for help.
  • edited March 2022
    You will beat this. Nothing more to be said apart from sending my best wishes to you.
  • I hope you get well soon Beds.
  • Stay strong, the whole Charlton family wish you the best!
  • Very sorry to hear your news. Stay strong and positive - looking forward to reading how you’ve beaten it and are cancer free in the future!