Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    Oh that's tragic news, shine166 ! 

She's gone through SO much, bless her heart, and yet still this feckin disease won't give her any respite. 

Please let us know how she progresses & give her a huge hug from the CL family.
    Cheers fanny, it's been a pretty heart breaking ordeal all round. She had ovarian cancer in her 30s, dealt with all that and then 4 years ago it kicked off again. We nearly lost her then, spleen out, chunks of other organs etc removed, sepsis... stepdad even got the call to come and say goodbye the lot. She still only mid 60s now too. 

Thanks again  
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    My mums been having chemo for about the last 4 years, the gap each 'off' periods is shrinking each time... such so that she's had around 30 chemo sessions within the last calender year and managed just 4 months from Nov 2021- Feb 2022 without needed her weekly trips to MV.

This last lot started in Feb and finished late July, she completed 17 out of 18 visits which is heroic by my standards. Roughly a week after her final blast she had a mini stroke so had some scans and they found something on her brain.

Today we discovered that her cancer has infact spread to her brain from her stomach and is the probably cause of the stroke.... also the chemo stopped working around the session 12 mark.

So now it's pills for the stomach and some new tech for the brain. 

Fingers crossed this works, as 2 years ago my nans lung cancer spread to her brain and she was dead within 2 months.of the original diagnosis.

So sorry to hear about your mum, very best wishes to her
  • Options
    Best wishes to everyone affected by cancer. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    My mums been having chemo for about the last 4 years, the gap each 'off' periods is shrinking each time... such so that she's had around 30 chemo sessions within the last calender year and managed just 4 months from Nov 2021- Feb 2022 without needed her weekly trips to MV.

This last lot started in Feb and finished late July, she completed 17 out of 18 visits which is heroic by my standards. Roughly a week after her final blast she had a mini stroke so had some scans and they found something on her brain.

Today we discovered that her cancer has infact spread to her brain from her stomach and is the probably cause of the stroke.... also the chemo stopped working around the session 12 mark.

So now it's pills for the stomach and some new tech for the brain. 

Fingers crossed this works, as 2 years ago my nans lung cancer spread to her brain and she was dead within 2 months.of the original diagnosis.

Absolutely heroic, it’s a very very tough journey.
    Best of luck to your mum❤️
  • Options
    Echo this, @shine166. All the very best to your mum and your family.
  • Options
    As above, all the best to your mum and your whole family @shine166

• Options
    Best of luck to your Mum @shine166. Sounds like she really has been through it.

I've just finished my first 2 weeks of chemo tablets and have a weeks respite before I go again. Been pretty lousy with it, (sickly, strugling to eat and every tired). Spoke to the oncologist yesterday and she is going to reduce my dosage for the next session by 25%. Hopefully this will have less side effects but still do the trick on any lurking cancer cells.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Best of luck to your Mum @shine166. Sounds like she really has been through it.

I've just finished my first 2 weeks of chemo tablets and have a weeks respite before I go again. Been pretty lousy with it, (sickly, strugling to eat and every tired). Spoke to the oncologist yesterday and she is going to reduce my dosage for the next session by 25%. Hopefully this will have less side effects but still do the trick on any lurking cancer cells.
    Thinking of you, redman.

Stay strong x
  • Options
    Best of luck redman and to Shine's mum.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Mum's brain zap went well. Just found out it's back on her liver though and there's no more treatment available. She's got 6 months to live 

Shes 63 years old, im feeling absolutely robbed 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Mum's brain zap went well. Just found out it's back on her liver though and there's no more treatment available. She's got 6 months to live 

That's really shit mate, sorry to hear it.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

So sorry to read this 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Shine. Robbed is a good description. Very unfair. Silly above gives good advice. Best of luck. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

So sorry to read that @shine166. Keep strong for your mum and squeeze every ounce out of the time you have left together. 
    Thanks mate, gonna be the best Xmas ever. She's been through so much with it the last 5 years, was just hoping wed get at least another year together as a family. 
  • Options
    shine, sorry for your mum's bad news.
    Take care.
  • Options
    Sending big love to you @shine166 ♥️
  • Options
    63 is no age. Really sad but makes the most of the remaining time and remember the good times forever
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Aw man, that's awful. Sorry to hear it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that awful news Shine.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

So sorry to read that @shine166. Keep strong for your mum and squeeze every ounce out of the time you have left together. 
    Thanks mate, gonna be the best Xmas ever. She's been through so much with it the last 5 years, was just hoping wed get at least another year together as a family. 
    Such a bastard disease.

I hope your littlun and your mum get to have a great xmas together.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you get lots of quality time with the fam together in the time you have left.
  • Options
    That's devastating news, Shine. 

Make as many memories in the time you & your family has together and have one spectacular Christmas. 

Thinking of you at this difficult time.
    x
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Really sorry to hear that, best wishes to your mum and all your family.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words, really does mean a lot. 
  • Options
    Best wishes to your mum and your family @shine166.
  • Options
    It's an awful situation but there is at least the chance to wring every bit of togetherness out of the time that remains, and your mum has the chance to create fabulous memories that will be a big part of her legacy. All best wishes to your whole family now and for the future.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Sorry to hear your devastating news @shine166. 63 is no age these days, same age as me. Wishing you and your family all the best 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    shine166 said:

Sorry to hear your devastating news @shine166. 63 is no age these days, same age as me. Wishing you and your family all the best 
    Yep, my son should be having another 20 years of nanny being here and me, my mum here until I'm in my 60s.