Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Just had my oncologist phone consultation, good news, no reoccurrence, I’m cancer free.
    Will continue with regular CT scans etc, but very happy.
    Hope all is well with you @Bedsaddick and Mrs @Chippycafc and your recovering well, I know you will get there too.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel.

This bastard disease and my diagnosis really has changed my life, and made me realign what’s important, and I will not take this news for granted and assume it can’t come back, but I will take this news and move forward.

Thanks to the Charlton family on here who wished me well, and the DM’s 
    Great news mate! Wish you all the best. 
  • Options
    Great news @DA9
    I’m recovering well from my cancer op . I’ll find out in a couple of weeks from the Oncologist if I need any chemo to mop up anything that may have be still be around . 
    Hope to go back to work in August in some capacity .   
    Toughest few months of my life . 
    Brilliant news Beds, all the very best to you and your family 
  • Options
    Brilliant news @DA9.  Chuffed for you and yours.  
  • Options
    good news @Bedsaddick
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2022
    DA9 said:
    Just had my oncologist phone consultation, good news, no reoccurrence, I’m cancer free.
    Hope all is well with you @Bedsaddick and Mrs @Chippycafc and your recovering well, I know you will get there too.

This bastard disease and my diagnosis really has changed my life, and made me realign what’s important, and I will not take this news for granted and assume it can’t come back, but I will take this news and move forward.

Mate. Great news. Fucking brilliant. I’ve got something in my eye.so pleased for you.  Good news at last. You won. 

I assume it’s a celebratory trip to see the king at the pictures tonight?.
    Thank you,

Cant actually go until midweek, rather coincidentally, we are booked and going away this weekend, this news came at the right time
  • Options
    Great news @DA9
    I’m recovering well from my cancer op . I’ll find out in a couple of weeks from the Oncologist if I need any chemo to mop up anything that may have be still be around . 
    Keep fighting fella 
  • Options
    Well done Beds, i am thinking of you and yours.

Keep up the fight
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    MESSAGE TO DA9 & BEDS.

I can only echo the thoughts of everyone else and say great news thus far guys and let’s hope it brings about meaningful and contented life for many years to come.
    Unfortunately, there is no known cure for Addickitis…….but it’s what you signed up for…………..all those years ago. 🫣
  • Options
    Made up for you guys. Let's keep the positive vibes going for Mrs Chippy! 
  • Options
    That is fantastic news @DA9 and positive news from @Bedsaddick too.

Good luck to both 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    Great news @DA9
    Great news for the 2 of you. Incidentally I can add to the good news. I've also had Whipple surgery, a month ago today in fact. They cut out part of my bile duct, part of my pancreas and my gall bladder as well as a large piece of tissue which was cancerous. The good news is that the tissue was not cancerous around the edges so good chance they cut out the nasty stuff. All healing well albeit it seems slow!. Have been recommended for adjuvant chemo and seeing an oncologist next week to discuss. 
    All the best Redman, sounds like good news to this point so I hope all goes well next week.
  • Options
    Great news @DA9
    Great hear you're recovering Beds and brilliant news @DA9
  • Options
    redman said:
    Great news @DA9
    Great news for the 2 of you. Incidentally I can add to the good news. I've also had Whipple surgery, a month ago today in fact. They cut out part of my bile duct, part of my pancreas and my gall bladder as well as a large piece of tissue which was cancerous. The good news is that the tissue was not cancerous around the edges so good chance they cut out the nasty stuff. All healing well albeit it seems slow!. Have been recommended for adjuvant chemo and seeing an oncologist next week to discuss. 
    All the best to you redman, it does take a while to recover but great news regarding the outcome.
  • Options
    So much positive news on here. Fantastic. Thanks for posting. You all truly are an inspiration. 
  • Options
    Excellent news @DA9 and best wishes to all of you fighting this horrible disease.
  • Options
    @DA9, that's fabulous news! Is it 6 monthly or annual follow-ups for the moment? Fingers crossed you won't need chemo @Bedsaddick, and that your meeting with the oncologist next week has a good outcome @redman. @Chippycafc, I hope the previous rounds of chemo haven't been too rough on your Mrs, and that that applies to the next lot too.

Given that we seem to be using this thread for all of your updates, is it worth us amending the title, perhaps to "Lifers' Cancer Updates - brief latest info (pX)" ? Beds, given that it was your thread originally, are you OK with that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    @DA9, that's fabulous news! Is it 6 monthly or annual follow-ups for the moment? Fingers crossed you won't need chemo @Bedsaddick, and that your meeting with the oncologist next week has a good outcome @redman. @Chippycafc, I hope the previous rounds of chemo haven't been too rough on your Mrs, and that that applies to the next lot too.

Given that we seem to be using this thread for all of your updates, is it worth us amending the title, perhaps to "Lifers' Cancer Updates - brief latest info (pX)" ? Beds, given that it was your thread originally, are you OK with that?
    Fine with me . Go for it 
  • Options
    Late to this but great news x 2
  • Options
    Thanks Beds, done.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Superb news 
  • Options
    Apologies forgot to acknowledge DA9 and Beds, great news.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

3 monthly initially 
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Great news all the very best
  • Options
    Great news on this thread and long may it continue.
    So pleased for you both . X
  • Options
    That's great news for you both.
    Best wishes.