Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely fabulous news.

Delighted for you and your loved ones.

No matter what the weather, this will be a Summer long cherished in your household and beyond.
  • Options
    Brilliant news,  so great to get home. 
  • Options
    @Chippycafc, sorry to hear about your wife, I know you'll be strong for her, and be with her throughout her treatment.  Please pass on my very best wishes and encouragement for any darker days when the treatment feels miserable.

Don't forget to look after your own well-being when you're concentrating on hers.
  • Options
    Just catching up. Great news Beds, so happy for you. Hopefully the worst is now over and you can start looking forward to our upcoming Promotion season!
    Chippy mate, so sorry to hear about your wife. Got everything crossed that she'll be fine.
  • Options
    @Chippycafc, sorry to hear about your wife, I know you'll be strong for her, and be with her throughout her treatment.  Please pass on my very best wishes and encouragement for any darker days when the treatment feels miserable.

Don't forget to look after your own well-being when you're concentrating on hers.
    Done and thanks from both of us...
  • Options
    Just catching up. Great news Beds, so happy for you. Hopefully the worst is now over and you can start looking forward to our upcoming Promotion season!
    Chippy mate, so sorry to hear about your wife. Got everything crossed that she'll be fine.
    Cheers queenie.
  • Options
    Just saw there was more on here. Best of luck @Chippycafc with the wife's chemo. Fingers crossed you and her. Along with beds and DA9 are all back to your best when the season kicks off.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Nice to see you back @Bedsaddick, and I hope the proposed return home pans out. @Chippycafc, best of luck for Mrs Chippy's chemo, and I hope yours is going well @DA9.
    Thank you, I start my fourth and final round next Tuesday, lots of reaction and side affects from the chemo but a means to an ends.
    wishing your wife the best of luck @Chippycafc
    Wishing you all the best DA9, stay strong mate and keep us posted.
  • Options
    That is fantastic, keep on moving forwards.
    Take care.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant news Beds. 
  • Options
    Great news Beds, all the best.
  • Options
    That looks much better Beds! wishing you a speedy recovery from here in. Also for Mrs Chippy - hoping that's all doable too.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited May 2022
    Great news Beds, glad you’re through the worst and lots to look forward to. Well done it’s f**ckin tough.
  • Options
    Great news Beds. I wish you a speedy recovery from the operation.
    No spleen is not a problem.  I had mine removed over 30 years ago.
    Best wishes to Mrs Chippy too. 
    ❤ to you both
  • Options
    Top man Beds. Brilliant news.
    Can't keep a great man down.
    Very best wishes.
  • Options
    Amazing news Beds. So happy for you!!!!! 

Chippy and DA9, stay strong and best wishes💪💪💪🙏🙏🙏
  • Options
    I’m back home !! Feels amazing - Long road to recovery but I’m getting there . Thank you for all your wonderful comments. 
    Put the kettle on!
  • Options
    Nice one Beds - do you have a long list of films to watch while you're recuperating? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff Beds. I bet HOME has never felt so fantastic.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Nice one Beds - do you have a long list of films to watch while you're recuperating? :)
    As long as your arm ! 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Glad to say I’ve just completed my last infusion, two weeks of tablets now, then I’m done. Gotta put up with the side affects, pins & needles, reaction to anything cold, drinks or touch, tiredness and a bit of nausea, but that will wain slowly.
    Waiting on a CT scan date which will show if I’m winning, the McMillan Brook unit nurses and staff are fairly confident, then a telephone consultation with the Oncologist at the end of June, so fingers crossed.
    Can honestly say that I’ve been through some hard times in my life, some of them self inflicted, but this has been the toughest, not out of the woods yet, but I’m taking the positives I am being told, but I will update.
    Good luck beds and Mrs Chippy, and a huge thank you to all of you have wished me the best on here or via DM, it really has helped.

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Good luck mate . I’m feeling your pain . It’s so tough but we will both come out stronger on the other side . I find out tomorrow from the oncologist if I will need any chemo after last months surgery or just regular check ups . I’m hoping not but if I have to then I will . 
    Thanks, everything crossed for you 
  • Options
    Best wishes to you DA9 for a continuing recovery and things getting better for you every day. Good luck!
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Glad to say I’ve just completed my last infusion, two weeks of tablets now, then I’m done. Gotta put up with the side affects, pins & needles, reaction to anything cold, drinks or touch, tiredness and a bit of nausea, but that will wain slowly.
    Waiting on a CT scan date which will show if I’m winning, the McMillan Brook unit nurses and staff are fairly confident, then a telephone consultation with the Oncologist at the end of June, so fingers crossed.
    Can honestly say that I’ve been through some hard times in my life, some of them self inflicted, but this has been the toughest, not out of the woods yet, but I’m taking the positives I am being told, but I will update.
    Good luck beds and Mrs Chippy, and a huge thank you to all of you have wished me the best on here or via DM, it really has helped.

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

All the best mate.
  • Options
    Well done @DA9.  Hope you feel a lot better soon.
  • Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Beds.
  • Options
    Thanks @DA9 and Beds for the updates, we are following your journeys, sending you our best wishes and waiting for you both to recover and be back fighting fit.