Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    Welcome back @Bedsaddick 😎

Also:
    Great stuff mate, as you finish the Mrs starts her load of Chemo next week. Long haul but hopefully worth it in the end.
    @Chippycafc
    All the best to Mrs Chippy too. Hope all goes well. 👍🏼
    Many thanks, this is just a horrible thing to go through. Good luck to anyone else happening to go through it or know anyone who is. Second time around for her.
    Good luck to you and the Mrs mate. My wife and I went through it a couple of years ago. Tough times as you know but try to keep smiling and positive you know this anyway as been through it before but I know how hard it is to watch you love one going through it. All we can do is support and encourage.
  • Options
    Great news Beds, wishing you a further speedy recovery
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Also:
    Great stuff mate, as you finish the Mrs starts her load of Chemo next week. Long haul but hopefully worth it in the end.
    @Chippycafc
    Many thanks, this is just a horrible thing to go through. Good luck to anyone else happening to go through it or know anyone who is. Second time around for her.
    Good luck to you and the Mrs mate. My wife and I went through it a couple of years ago. Tough times as you know but try to keep smiling and positive you know this anyway as been through it before but I know how hard it is to watch you love one going through it. All we can do is support and encourage.
    Absolutely -  but the feeling of helplessness is the toughest bit. 

My wife twice (still being treated for the second) and our youngest too and I found that my wife has supported me as much as I her, maybe more so - men are definitely the weakest sex.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    AndyG said:

Also:
    @Chippycafc
    Absolutely -  but the feeling of helplessness is the toughest bit. 

My wife twice (still being treated for the second) and our youngest too and I found that my wife has supported me as much as I her, maybe more so - men are definitely the weakest sex.

Tell me about it Bob. Fortunately my wife's treatment went well and she is in remission but early on the prognosis wasnt good. We sat our 4 kids down, 18, 17, 14 and 12 at the time and told them. Well she did I was in floods and ashamed to say useless, not my proudest moment but as you say they are by far the stronger 
  • Options
    Great news Beds, keep going

Chippy, best wishes to you, your other half and your family.  She has all the Charlton Life family behind her 
  • Options
    Fantastic work Beds, really great news! 
  • Options
    @Chippycafc best of luck to your Mrs 
  • Options

Also:
    @Chippycafc
    All the best to the Mrs Chippy, thinking of you both and hoping all goes well.
  • Options
    Great stuff , I’m sure your boys will be buzzing , dads coming home !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great great news. 😊
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Great news Beds, so glad you came through this well. Best wishes to DA9 and Mrs Chippy.
  • Options
    All the best for your recovery.
  • Options
    What great news. Good luck Beds. 
  • Options
    Great news, good luck with your recovery! 

• Options
    Keep going Beds. 
  • Options
    Good to see you back @Bedsaddick keep going with your recovery.
  • Options
    Nice to see you back @Bedsaddick, and I hope the proposed return home pans out. @Chippycafc, best of luck for Mrs Chippy's chemo, and I hope yours is going well @DA9.
  • Options
    Great news, fantastic to see the photo too. Very moving 👋👋👋... now... about the football... we tried, but it's still Charlton... still, the song is the same so... 
    Live, love, laugh and be happy. 🎶🎶🎶
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news Beds - all the best for your recovery 
  • Options
    Great news mate. Count your blessings every day.  

Best of luck @Chippycafc and @DA9 with your challenges. 

With your challenges as well, Jim.

Counting the days until we can share a wee dram or three at The Valley.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Great news mate. Count your blessings every day.  

Best of luck @Chippycafc and @DA9 with your challenges. 

With your challenges as well, Jim.

Counting the days until we can share a wee dram or three at The Valley.
    Cheers @bobmunro.  Looking forward to that. A few hurdles to jump first but onwards and upwards. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Great news. I can't think of many reasons to hold a Charlton scarf aloft at the moment, but your news warrants it. Take care.
  • Options
    Brilliant news.  Live, Laugh & be Happy. 
  • Options
    Great news, wishing you all the best, take it easy.
  • Options
    Really really happy to hear this. I can't imagine what you must have gone trough during the last few weeks, so to come out with positive news, plus a smile and scarfy is just great. Get home and relax, you've earned a rest now!
  • Options
    Cracking news! Let's hope performances next season make your return to The Valley even more enjoyable,