Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland is fundraising but @RedJohn has bad news (p48)

I have just received the devastating news that I have a large tumor on my pancreas. 
For the last year I have been losing weight and have had Diabetes but have had absolutely no other symptoms.
In fact I feel fit as a fiddle but I’m obviously not .
I had a CT scan a week ago and was told there was an abnormality and I had the agonising wait to be told I have a 8cm growth on the head of my pancreas . 

I won’t know what the next step is until Monday when the teams at Addenbrooks and Bedford hospital discuss my case . The options are surgery , Chemo or radiology. 
As you know through the deaths of Paul Linger and Carol Burton that this is a lethal illness and can strike very quickly .
I’m only 53 , married and I have two teenage sons  and they are incredibly upset. 
I personally can’t think straight . 
I’m going to be as positive as I can be under the circumstances but it’s mind blowing to think that I might not be around in a few months as I’m not even sick (yet) . 
I’m going tomorrow with my two boys as it might be the last time a can go before I possibly have to have chemo. 

If anything has any symptoms please go to the doctor without hesitation.  

Some of the Symptom are Weight Loss 
New Onset Diabetes 
Blood in Stools 
Abdominal pain 
loss off Appetite
nauseousness

I’m going to try to beat this thing otherwise who else will do your Christmas TV listings this year !  

Comments

• That’s awful news mate. I’m so sorry. Do what you can to be positive when the initial shock has passed.  This can be beaten and you have so much to live for. Thinking of you and yours. 
  • Thoughts with you and yours. Stay strong, we're all behind you with this.
  • So sorry to hear your news, stay strong and positive. We will all be willing you on. I hope you can enjoy tomorrow's match. 
  • Sorry to read of this mate.  You’re an absolute powerhouse of a poster and one of the names I remember from as soon as I joined.  You will beat this 👊
  • Jesus, that awful mate. Can’t offer any advice (practical or otherwise) just my best wishes and hope that you can overcome it. 
  • So sorry to read this Beds. Stay strong mate.
  • I’m in floods of tears reading your replies 😢
  • Blimey Beds, that news has shocked me. As SB has said stay strong and positive mate and beat the bastard illness. 

Good luck Monday, will be thinking of you.
  • That's shit news.

Stay strong & positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• So sorry to hear your news Beds,stay strong and i wish you all the good luck and strength to fight your fight. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
  • I wish you well, you can beat this, you got everyone’s support on this wonderful forum, read the messages and take heart for those.
  • Wishing you and your family the very best 
  • Positive thoughts and very best wishes Beds mate 
  • Stay strong Beds... You can bloody well fight this and win.

We're all with you on here!! 
  • You're going to be doing the Christmas listings this year mate. And next. And the one after that.
  • Really sorry to hear that. Wishing you all the best for your treatment.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    Oh jeez, so sorry to hear that diagnosis Beds. There's not much else to say other that you are in my thoughts tonight. Stay strong, be positive if you can and don't be afraid to call on the terrific community we have ourselves here on CL. 
  • Ah now Beds that's awful for you and your family. I'm so sorry for this diagnosis.
    I hope they have caught it early and you can make the most of the time ahead.
    Best wishes.

• so sorry to read this wishing you the very best. Thoughts are with you and your family and hoping everything goes as well as it can in your treatment. Best wishes
  • Shit news, Beds, but all best wishes to you and your family. 
    As others have said, we are all behind you and rooting for you. You know you'll get support from everyone here. 
    Best of luck with it, and for getting over the terrible shock.
  • Stay strong in your battle, our thoughts are with you.
    StrongerTogether
  • Beds I am so sorry to hear this, that’s so fucking shit.

Stay strong mate. 
  • Stay strong my friend,these things can be and are overcome more often with the advances made in treatments,a rocky road ahead sure,but you will come out the other side.
  • Really hope this has been caught early enough and you have a full & speedy recovery.
  • So sorry to read this. Best wishes. 
  • So sorry to hear this mate. Stay strong fight this fucker and look forwards, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.