Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    Stay strong fella, very best wishes.
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best Beds. 
  • Options
    Awww Beds that’s shocking news,wishing u to stay strong,battle through & beat the fucker…wish you all the best 
  • Options
    Keep positive. Our thoughts are with you. Keep us informed as to developments. 
  • Options
    Terrible news! Wishing you all the very best!
  • Options
    I wish you all the best, I heard from a mate this week that he also has pancreatic cancer that has also spread to his liver. Stay strong and positive.
  • Options
    Stay strong Beds, wishing you all the best. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Really sorry to hear @Bedsaddick
    What I will say is that I've had cancer 3 times and - 11 years later (since the first diagnoses) am still around and still enduring the torture that is Charlton Athletic.  Mine wasn't pancreas but always in the throat area - such that I now have no Larynx - but can actully speak - sort of.  Thing is - you just have to get on with it.  As they say, shit happens, no good fretting about it or worrying "why me".  Just accept it happens and follow whatever treatment/advice they give you...treatment seems to be improving all the time.  Other thing I found is you just cannot rush the body - after chemo/radio therapy/ surgery - whatever they do it takes time to recover.  Take it easy - try and avoid stress (difficult as a CAFC fan!) and be patient.  With luck and a fair wind you will recover.  All the best.
    May have you have another 11+ years on this planet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's terrible news Beds ! Good luck & best wishes for the tough months ahead, it can be beaten. My thoughts are with you & your family.
  • Options
    feel for you. Stay strong.
  • Options
    Stay strong Beds. Just the word "cancer" scares the shit out of you.  Trust the medical guys as they can do wonders.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Wishing you all the very best!
  • Options
    awful news. The positive is that you have options available to you when it comes to treatment. All the best mate. 

oh and I hope you and your two boys enjoy a Charlton victory today. 
  • Options
    Shit news Beds, all the best
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear this, all the very best mate 🙏🏻 
  • Options
    Wishing you a full and speedy recovery
  • Options
    Good luck and best wishes Beds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay strong beds, all the very best mate
  • Options
    All the very best fellow Addick
  • Options
    Good luck Beds. Wish you all the best.
  • Options
    Beds, you probably have read over and over about Pancreatic cancer, it's symptoms and outcomes but I can tell it can be beaten and if surgery is the option you can overcome that as well. I did know someone who had their Pancreas resected and the outcome for eighty per cent of patients is type one diabetes, the person in question was in the twenty per cent and did not develop Type one diabetes. You need a lot of support, you need to trust your doctors and you need to, as much as you can, keep your health, by that I mean after surgery eat healthily and concentrate on you and what's good for your body. My thoughts are with you mate.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate.. Wishing you all the best
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for a successful outcome to this, Beds. We are all here for you.
  • Options
    Wishing you and your family all the best in your fight against this disease.
  • Options
    No words Beds… can only echo all the words of comfort here and wish you and your family all the best. We’re all here for you.
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best in the fight against this disease.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear your news.