Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland is fundraising but @RedJohn has bad news (p48)

Comments

• Must be great to be home Beds, don't over do it and best wishes to your family, and you of course.
  • Great news Beds
  • Great stuff mate, as you finish the Mrs starts her load of Chemo next week. Long haul but hopefully worth it in the end.
    All the best to your wife mate 
  • DA9 said:
    Glad to say I’ve just completed my last infusion, two weeks of tablets now, then I’m done. Gotta put up with the side affects, pins & needles, reaction to anything cold, drinks or touch, tiredness and a bit of nausea, but that will wain slowly.
    Waiting on a CT scan date which will show if I’m winning, the McMillan Brook unit nurses and staff are fairly confident, then a telephone consultation with the Oncologist at the end of June, so fingers crossed.
    Can honestly say that I’ve been through some hard times in my life, some of them self inflicted, but this has been the toughest, not out of the woods yet, but I’m taking the positives I am being told, but I will update.
    Good luck beds and Mrs Chippy, and a huge thank you to all of you have wished me the best on here or via DM, it really has helped.

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Keep strong mate 
  • DA9 said:
    Glad to say I’ve just completed my last infusion, two weeks of tablets now, then I’m done. Gotta put up with the side affects, pins & needles, reaction to anything cold, drinks or touch, tiredness and a bit of nausea, but that will wain slowly.
    Waiting on a CT scan date which will show if I’m winning, the McMillan Brook unit nurses and staff are fairly confident, then a telephone consultation with the Oncologist at the end of June, so fingers crossed.
    Can honestly say that I’ve been through some hard times in my life, some of them self inflicted, but this has been the toughest, not out of the woods yet, but I’m taking the positives I am being told, but I will update.
    Good luck beds and Mrs Chippy, and a huge thank you to all of you have wished me the best on here or via DM, it really has helped.

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Great news DA9, but I won't cross everything ! I'm buggered if I'm tying knots in my dick as a celebration  :D
  • DA9 said:

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Stay strong DA9, looks like you are on the home run, it sounds tough but I am sure you can do it.
  • DA9 said:

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Good luck mate . I’m feeling your pain . It’s so tough but we will both come out stronger on the other side . I find out tomorrow from the oncologist if I will need any chemo after last months surgery or just regular check ups . I’m hoping not but if I have to then I will . 
    Good luck tomorrow Beds, hope the news is positive.
  • I’m back home !! Feels amazing - Long road to recovery but I’m getting there . Thank you for all your wonderful comments. 
    Get in!!!!!!
  • DA9 said:

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Blooming marvellous 🤩 
  • Sponsored links:

• Adding best wishes to @DA9 and Mrs Chippy. Such tough times for you. Keep on keeping on xx
  • Boom said:
    DA9 said:

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

That all sounds familiar!

Finished my latest course of chemo last month and had my CT scan this morning so should find out next week.

All the best for the final furlong!
    Good luck with the scan result 🤞🤞🤞🤞
  • Boom said:
    DA9 said:

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

That all sounds familiar!

Finished my latest course of chemo last month and had my CT scan this morning so should find out next week.

All the best for the final furlong!
    Blimey Boom, I didn't realise how many posters on here have been affected by this shitty disease. All the best mate along with everyone else on here going through the process.
  • DA9 said:
    Just had my oncologist phone consultation, good news, no reoccurrence, I’m cancer free.
    Will continue with regular CT scans etc, but very happy.
    Hope all is well with you @Bedsaddick and Mrs @Chippycafc and your recovering well, I know you will get there too.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel.

This bastard disease and my diagnosis really has changed my life, and made me realign what’s important, and I will not take this news for granted and assume it can’t come back, but I will take this news and move forward.

Thanks to the Charlton family on here who wished me well, and the DM’s 
    That's great news E, really pleased for you mate.
  • Fantastic news DA9. 
  • edited June 2022
    DA9 said:

LLLABH 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

But have you still got your Elvia quiff? Good luck E. 🫶

ps Only just caught up with this thread … doh. Just seen your latest news. FANTASTIC . Pleased for you 
  • edited June 2022
    Brilliant news and all the best for your wife Chippy. Cancer is far more beatable now as DA9 can clearly testify to.
  • That’s brilliant news @DA9 chuffed for you mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news @DA9. As you say, sometimes you suddenly find there's more to life than getting thumped at Ipswich, and perspective settles in. Live, laugh, love and be happy mate!
  • Ahhh my old neighbour.!
    I’m delighted for you, I really am ♥️
  • edited June 2022
    Well done Beds, I shall be expecting your players marks for the Accrington away game, no excuses :smiley:
  • Great news DA9, absolutely chuffed for you.

Hope all is well with Beds & Mrs Chippy as well.
  • Best news of the week @DA9.
  • Excellent news @DA9.  Well done you. 
  • Very pleased for you @DA9. Now you can concentrate on the summer recruitment  ;)
  • DA9 said:
    Just had my oncologist phone consultation, good news, no reoccurrence, I’m cancer free.
    Will continue with regular CT scans etc, but very happy.
    Hope all is well with you @Bedsaddick and Mrs @Chippycafc and your recovering well, I know you will get there too.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel.

This bastard disease and my diagnosis really has changed my life, and made me realign what’s important, and I will not take this news for granted and assume it can’t come back, but I will take this news and move forward.

Thanks to the Charlton family on here who wished me well, and the DM’s 
    Mate. Great news. Fucking brilliant. I’ve got something in my eye.so pleased for you.  Good news at last. You won. 

I assume it’s a celebratory trip to see the king at the pictures tonight?
  • Great news for any day E, but even better on a sunny Friday.