Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    Stay strong mate, fight it with everything you have. Try and stay positive.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear this, hope you're able to stay strong. Very best wishes. 
  • Options
    I have just received the devastating news that I have a large tumor on my pancreas. 
    For the last year I have been losing weight and have had Diabetes but have had absolutely no other symptoms.
    In fact I feel fit as a fiddle but I’m obviously not .
    I had a CT scan a week ago and was told there was an abnormality and I had the agonising wait to be told I have a 8cm growth on the head of my pancreas . 

I won’t know what the next step is until Monday when the teams at Addenbrooks and Bedford hospital discuss my case . The options are surgery , Chemo or radiology. 
    As you know through the deaths of Paul Linger and Carol Burton that this is a lethal illness and can strike very quickly .
    I’m only 53 , married and I have two teenage sons  and they are incredibly upset. 
    I personally can’t think straight . 
    I’m going to be as positive as I can be under the circumstances but it’s mind blowing to think that I might not be around in a few months as I’m not even sick (yet) . 
    I’m going tomorrow with my two boys as it might be the last time a can go before I possibly have to have chemo. 

If anything has any symptoms please go to the doctor without hesitation.  

Some of the Symptom are Weight Loss 
    New Onset Diabetes 
    Blood in Stools 
    Abdominal pain 
    loss off Appetite
    nauseousness

I’m going to try to beat this thing otherwise who else will do your Christmas TV listings this year !  

I will be praying for your complete healing BA and for courage and peace for you, your wife and your children at this challenging time. 
  • Options
    Shit news feller, hopefully you’ll smash it…
  • Options
    Horrible news, feel for you and the family. Good news is they now what the problem is, and with luck and treatment, can deal with it.
  • Options
    Horrible news, best wishes in your recovery.   
  • Options
    All Addicks firmly behind you and your family.  Take good care .  
  • Options
    All the very best wishes to you and your family. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    That's terrible news, but there's no point in sitting about feeling defeated. You've got to fight this bastard. Hopefully you'll get some good news on Monday.

I wish you and your family all the strength in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that mate. Stay strong. Thinking of you.
  • Options
    That is total crap news and so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. Really hope that whichever of the one (or more) of the three options the consultant recommends are successful in treating the tumour and that in a matter of months you will be given the all clear. 
  • Options
    Just read this and my thoughts are with you and your family. Can only imagine the shock and how you must be trying to process this. Will be thinking of you tomorrow at 3pm. Do stay positive. Sending love to you all.
  • Options
    Awful news. Stay strong Beds.
  • Options
    I’m truly gutted to read your news Beds, but I’m also very sure that this is something you’re going to beat hands down. 

Stay positive, keep finding those happy little moments wherever you can, and look forward to the day that you’re free from this little bump in the road. 

You’ve got a very long way to go just yet..! 
  • Options
    Sending all my best wishes and positive thoughts. We´re all behind you, whether we are near or far away.
  • Options
    Fucking hell Beds, so sorry mate. You got this though, stay strong, you can beat this.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Beds. Stay strong and keep posting. Always enjoy your contributions. 
  • Options
    That’s awful news mate, but you’ll be in the best of hands. We’ll all be thinking of you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear this Beds. Good luck Monday.
  • Options
    Chin up, Beds
    Full power to you, sir 
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that Beds, stay strong & good luck
  • Options
    Dreadful news, stay strong mate
  • Options
    That is shocking news. 

Just one thing; although it is one of the most serious cancers, Chris Rea fought it off, and he was older than you when he was diagnosed. 

Just wish you all the very best.
  • Options
    Stay strong Beds the Charlton family are with you
  • Options
    Stay strong mate, you'll win this fight
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted for your fella stay strong and we all know you can pull through this. 
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you mate. Hope you can beat this! Stay strong 
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you. Stay strong and use all the support out there.

You can beat this.