Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Laurence Bassini - Telegraph claims he's bought Birmingham subject to EFL approval (p8)

Comments

• There are some valid criticisms to be made of TS's tenure but you can't fault the way he deals with tossers like Bassini and their bogus claims.
    I think that is the closest to a profanity I have ever seen from you.
  • edited February 2022
    It despairs me there is not one decent journalist, paper or TV programme prepared to do something in exposing these absolute parasites for what they are
    Indeed. That is why we created the Dossier, and we will take the opportunity to deploy it on this matter.

However it would seem some people on this thread can't be arsed to actually read in detail what we know about Bassini and this claim, even when it is suggested to them. For those who really,really  can't be arsed, here is a cut and paste of the pop-up summary. It basically tells you all you need to know

Bassini’s name was familiar to fans mainly thanks to his controversial ownership of Watford. He was briefly reported by the media to be interested in a bid for Charlton in May 2020. However documents subsequently emerged which showed that Bassini was claiming to be owed £1.25m by Charlton as a “finder’s fee” for his supposed involvement in assisting ESI’s purchase. This claim appears to have been dismissed by the club. Lee Amis has asserted that he (Amis) was the person who introduced ESI to Richard Murray, so he says Bassini’s supposed role is a bogus claim. Certainly such an amount for a finder’s fee would be highly excessive, and Bassini’s lawyers produced no contract to support the claim.
    Is there really the need to act so combative?

I know what’s in the dossier, I’ve been following Charlton’s ownership saga for some time now. He wants a settlement and it wouldn’t surprise me if he got one just to shut him up. 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if this is a non-story that won’t see past the weekend. 
    Sweet Jesus. If you've read the file on him, then please explain to me, please explain to all of us, settlement for what exactly? 

Spare me the patronising tone, it doesn’t make it easy to communicate with you.

It seems to me that’s the game these chancers play, threaten a bunch of legal action with flimsy evidence  in the hope of a small pay-off outside of the courtroom. I’m not saying he deserves a settlement or has any legal precedent - just that TS may pay him a nominal fee to crawl back into his hole.

I don’t see that being unfathomable, happy to be informed otherwise. 
    Well I'm sorry if you feel patronised but it's a bit exasperating that if you've read the file you still think there is any basis at all for a "settlement". In the file you can see the letter from Bassini's lawyers. £1.2m  is a huge amount of money for a "finders fee". Is there a contract between Bassini and CAFC? Nope. A scope of work document outlining what Bassini would do in order to earn a fee? Nope. Any evidence of any contact at all between Bassini and CAFC in the process of "introducing" Southall to CAFC. Nope, for the good reason that Southall had already been "introduced". Lee Amis is "on the record" (on our website) as having introduced Southall to CAFC. Amis says that this was one reason for the fee he was paid by CAFC - and that was £60k. Whatever you think of that figure, or Amis, as a fee it is a lot more real-world than £1.2m, and the evidence that he made this introduction there for all to see. So if he did it, quite patently Bassini did not, and his lawyers have nothing to prove otherwise. So why give this no-mark a penny? If he succeeds it encourages him to do it again and for others to do the same at other clubs.

All of this nonsense costs TS time and money. Time and money that we want him to spend on our football club. And that's why we should all do our bit to help make Bassini feck right off, right now, with not a penny.
    I haven't said Bassini has any basis for a settlement? You're putting words in my mouth there. I've said I'd love TS to take him to court and shine a light on what these parasites are doing to communities. 

I'm well aware this nonsense costs TS time and money, which is the basis of my settlement comment. I was speculating it may end in a settlement/pay-off (obviously nothing like what he's demanding) as that may be more cost effective than dragging this nonsense through the courts. Bassini knows he's not going to win, he's trying to force Thomas' hand which thankfully isn't working. 

• edited February 2022
    I wouldn't even give it headspace. TS should simply reply that he'd welcome a meeting down at The Valley when he's next over....which coincides with the next match. 2pm Sat 19th Feb if you're reading LB. 
  • Stig said:
    Seriously hope TS engages some top notch lawyers to fuck Bassini over and bill him for time wasting. Would love to see the scammers scammed.
    Sadly I think TS will have to get lawyers involved at a cost and the chance of ever reclaiming that from LB is close to zero.
    I suspect there won’t be all that much work involved in getting this struck out. Seems pretty cut and dried. 
  • Dont you feel although its bassani fronting this claim again, its all Southall. I genuinely think he's proper fucked and literally trying to pull another scam to cover his ever increasing debt to the various people.

• Did anyone screenshot that tweet?
  • He's winding me up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont you feel although its bassani fronting this claim again, its all Southall. I genuinely think he's proper fucked and literally trying to pull another scam to cover his ever increasing debt to the various people.

No. I think Southall promised Bassini money and unsurprisingly didn’t deliver. Bassini looking for a payout to disappear. 
  • Tweets have been deleted / gone private unfortunately...
  • It despairs me there is not one decent journalist, paper or TV programme prepared to do something in exposing these absolute parasites for what they are
    Charlton Life to the rescue!
    Think Twitter in general has broken tbf

No. I think Southall promised Bassini money and unsurprisingly didn’t deliver. Bassini looking for a payout to disappear. 
    Yes and Bassini possibly lent Southall money.
  • I hope Southall, Bassini and the rest of them get a long and painful illness.

Don't think so.

Southall owed Bassini the money, IMHO, before Charlton were involved.

Southall tried to pay his existing debt to Bassini out of the club's account.

The day after the boardroom eviction Bassini started action.
    Think it's actually a crash on twitter.
  • There are some valid criticisms to be made of TS's tenure but you can't fault the way he deals with tossers like Bassini and their bogus claims.

Why isn't a bogus claim like this fraud?  If somebody tries to extort money, surely it could be passed to the police.

Cresssida Dick has probably got some time on her hands at the moment, and could investigate.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm very happy to lend Bassini my baseball bat to assist him in recovering monies owed to him by Southall.

• It despairs me there is not one decent journalist, paper or TV programme prepared to do something in exposing these absolute parasites for what they are
    Indeed. That is why we created the Dossier, and we will take the opportunity to deploy it on this matter.

However it would seem some people on this thread can't be arsed to actually read in detail what we know about Bassini and this claim, even when it is suggested to them. For those who really,really  can't be arsed, here is a cut and paste of the pop-up summary. It basically tells you all you need to know

Bassini’s name was familiar to fans mainly thanks to his controversial ownership of Watford. He was briefly reported by the media to be interested in a bid for Charlton in May 2020. However documents subsequently emerged which showed that Bassini was claiming to be owed £1.25m by Charlton as a “finder’s fee” for his supposed involvement in assisting ESI’s purchase. This claim appears to have been dismissed by the club. Lee Amis has asserted that he (Amis) was the person who introduced ESI to Richard Murray, so he says Bassini’s supposed role is a bogus claim. Certainly such an amount for a finder’s fee would be highly excessive, and Bassini’s lawyers produced no contract to support the claim.

I know what’s in the dossier, I’ve been following Charlton’s ownership saga for some time now. He wants a settlement and it wouldn’t surprise me if he got one just to shut him up. 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if this is a non-story that won’t see past the weekend. 
    Sweet Jesus. If you've read the file on him, then please explain to me, please explain to all of us, settlement for what exactly? 

It seems to me that’s the game these chancers play, threaten a bunch of legal action with flimsy evidence  in the hope of a small pay-off outside of the courtroom. I’m not saying he deserves a settlement or has any legal precedent - just that TS may pay him a nominal fee to crawl back into his hole.

Well I'm sorry if you feel patronised but it's a bit exasperating that if you've read the file you still think there is any basis at all for a "settlement". In the file you can see the letter from Bassini's lawyers. £1.2m  is a huge amount of money for a "finders fee". Is there a contract between Bassini and CAFC? Nope. A scope of work document outlining what Bassini would do in order to earn a fee? Nope. Any evidence of any contact at all between Bassini and CAFC in the process of "introducing" Southall to CAFC. Nope, for the good reason that Southall had already been "introduced". Lee Amis is "on the record" (on our website) as having introduced Southall to CAFC. Amis says that this was one reason for the fee he was paid by CAFC - and that was £60k. Whatever you think of that figure, or Amis, as a fee it is a lot more real-world than £1.2m, and the evidence that he made this introduction there for all to see. So if he did it, quite patently Bassini did not, and his lawyers have nothing to prove otherwise. So why give this no-mark a penny? If he succeeds it encourages him to do it again and for others to do the same at other clubs.

All of this nonsense costs TS time and money. Time and money that we want him to spend on our football club. And that's why we should all do our bit to help make Bassini feck right off, right now, with not a penny.
    I haven't said Bassini has any basis for a settlement? You're putting words in my mouth there. I've said I'd love TS to take him to court and shine a light on what these parasites are doing to communities. 

I'm well aware this nonsense costs TS time and money, which is the basis of my settlement comment. I was speculating it may end in a settlement/pay-off (obviously nothing like what he's demanding) as that may be more cost effective than dragging this nonsense through the courts. Bassini knows he's not going to win, he's trying to force Thomas' hand which thankfully isn't working.
    So, in short, you don't think he has a legitimate claim, you just think he's angling for "piss off and shut up" money?
  • sam3110 said:
    Interesting one this. 

I imagine it will resolve in a settlement, which is all he wants.
    You have to be joking. The “invoice” and surrounding nonsense is all available to inspect on the Dossier website. Just go to the map and click on his ugly mug.
    Why do I have to be joking? 

This resolving in a settlement doesn’t sound pie in the sky to me. I hope it doesn’t, I hope Thomas takes them all to court but I don’t see that happening.
    He'll be looking for exactly this though. I hope we do settle with him, and TS goes "I've looked into it buddy, here's a fiver, now fuck off"
    I much prefer Davo55 suggestion  and TS goes "I've looked into it buddy, here's a hefty kick in the bollocks ..... oooph  now fuck off
  • aliwibble said:
    It despairs me there is not one decent journalist, paper or TV programme prepared to do something in exposing these absolute parasites for what they are

So, in short, you don't think he has a legitimate claim, you just think he's angling for "piss off and shut up" money?
    Precisely. 

That’s about all these low life’s can aspire to. 
  • MrWalker said:
    A clever play on words in the headline...

Is Boris giving him a BJ in that photo?
    Judging by a video doing the rounds Boris needs to crouch a lot lower.