Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    I’m not really focused on the financials as none of us will know the details.

But from a team / squad perspective, if it’s a permanent deal then is Chuks a player that will improve our squad with an eye to delivering a promotion season next year? 

Do people think the answer to that is yes?
    Yeah but it all comes down to fitness

A fully fit Aneke would be this leagues top scorer, no doubt. But I would put money on him not playing more than 50% of total minutes next season. 
  • Options
    Having said that, i still think we need another all round striker, need to get Burstow out on loan, and let Dvaison go 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    like American football .. play Inniss for a while to soften up the attackers, than bring on Chuks for 20 mins in the hope of getting a winner or match saver .. old fashioned me, I like players who can be relied on to play the full 90, except of course unless they get an injury .. perhaps football is moving that way with the likely reintroduction of 5 substitutes .. like US sports we will enter a new phase of hyper tactical player changes .. I think that will ruin the game as we (at least I) like it to be played ..

anyway, the return of Chuks ? .. smacks of panic, so it's a no from me though he had his good moments in the past
  • Options
    One of the black box parameters must include "has played for Charlton".

In truth though I was gutted when Chuks left. His goals papered over a lot of cracks last season and we're seeing the impact of not adequately replacing him this season.

Another player with a duff fitness record but makes such a difference in the time he is on the pitch. I'd gladly have him back.
  • Options
    Why sign an injury prone striker, another one we can’t rely on!  I despair! 
    To keep Stockley company in the physio room maybe?  :)

Lets hope we have got comfortable on the injury issues and its not such an issue as previously suggested.
  • Options
    Good to see the black box is working!

I'd welcome Chuks back, but why didn't we try harder to keep him in the summer.
    Because Birmingham offered him more money than our budget would allow. He still only plays as a sub - one Championship start and 17 sub appearances - and that's for a team that hasn't managed a goal a game and failed to score in 11 of their 24 matches. Which makes one wonder why Bowyer signed him in the first place? 
    Birmingham signed Chuks at the start the window, then signed Troy Deeney right at the end, who clearly was always going to be ahead of Chuks in the pecking order
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Left it late in sorting his contract last season, probably could have tied him down from January before any other interest came calling, was always clear his importance to us, but oh well.

He's on his way back, happy with that, we've now finally replaced the aneke sized hole with....aneke! 

Loan out Davison maybe, or let him fill the role he should have had all along, fourth choice.
  • Options
    The legend returns. 

not a great signing but think he is a decent option we do need in the forward position. Would prefer someone more consistent though. 
  • Options
    Last season we could make 5 subs, so players who can't play 90 was less of a problem than now, when we can only make 3 subs
  • Options
    Belv said:
    £300k for a player that left for nothing only 5 months ago.

What a fantastic piece of business.
     because he had an offer from a higher level club willing to pay more... 

Not really anything Sandgaard could do there. Says a lot that he's willing to return. 
  • Options
    This is absolute madness on so many levels
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just why did we let him go in the summer for nought and buy him back for 300k.

madness really!! But I would welcome him back.
  • Options
    I’m a bit ‘meh’ about this, but happy if he proves me wrong 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    £300k for a player that left for nothing only 5 months ago.

What a fantastic piece of business.
    I've been out this morning and just seen this and nothing else.

I suspect I'm going to get whoosed here but are we really paying £300k for someone who left on a free transfer 7 months ago?

• Options
    Bilko said:

To be fair, Chuks didnt really give us a choice.

He wanted to play in the Championship again, just seems that Birmingham need money (He probably wants to play football), and we're the only interested party
  • Options
    Bilko said:

As multiple people have said WE didnt let him go he chose to leave and try a move up to a higher league on more money it was a no brainer really
  • Options

Happy with this as gives us something we don’t have, not only physical presence but he can carry the ball holding players off and bring others into play and should help create more chances. He at times can take up 2 defenders leaving space.

Would offload Davison if Stockley not out for to long and let Mason come on as sub to give minutes and stake a claim for next season.

• Options
    Good news.
    6 months late if we had play off ambitions.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!