Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    One for each position will do nicely.

Including one for each subs bench position. 
  • Options
    This is getting very confusing and weird..two threads with the same target of rumours..god it is hard enough as the month progresses keeping up with one let alone two rumours threads... ;)
    But only here you can you have a pointless argument about whether Stockley is a striker, a forward, a centre forward, an attacker or a front man unless @addick1956 is trolling on there as well.
    He’s actually a target man. 😏
     Jesus. I said I don't  like  the word striker. I still don't.  If Stockley is a target man how come we miss him a lot. I grew up in the 50's so to me striker is a term used by those who understand simply terms only. I just don't  like the term.
    I really couldn't give a fuck what you call the player who plays "up front".......but they have to know where the goal is & have a strike rate of no worse than 1 in 3. 
  • Options
    This is getting very confusing and weird..two threads with the same target of rumours..god it is hard enough as the month progresses keeping up with one let alone two rumours threads... ;)
    But only here you can you have a pointless argument about whether Stockley is a striker, a forward, a centre forward, an attacker or a front man unless @addick1956 is trolling on there as well.
     Jesus. I said I don't  like  the word striker. I still don't.  If Stockley is a target man how come we miss him a lot. I grew up in the 50's so to me striker is a term used by those who understand simply terms only. I just don't  like the term.
    I really couldn't give a fuck what you call the player who plays "up front".......but they have to know where the goal is & have a strike rate of no worse than 1 in 3. 
    Basically agree, but would suggest that involvement in goals is a better indication.
    One thinks back to Flanagan and Leaburn for example, so involved in 1 in 3 for the two up top.
  • Options
    Steady on……I was just having a laugh.
  • Options
    Last Night:
    I never mentioned a goal scoring football.
    January 6th:
    We still need another goal scoring football ( hate the term striker). More so with Stockley's injury.

I never said that . I wrote it. Read my pen.
  • Options
    Any realistic rumours yet ?
  • Options
    Whenever I see we have signed someone, I always assume it is for the women's team
    That is because it always is. Recently Fox joined us and I thought it was Morgan at first.
    He’d make Purrington look good 
  • Options
    Good morning , Striker me old mate.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Any realistic rumours yet ?

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    I agree.
    Goalkeeper.
    Defender.
    Midfielder.
    Forward.

All this 4-1-2-1-2 etc stuff is nonsense. It is only used to explain to the thickest of players where they should actually be and what they should do. It is not a game of chess. It is a simple game.

So you liked Karel Fraeye’s tactic of “spread out”?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    I agree.
    Goalkeeper.
    Defender.
    Midfielder.
    Forward.

All this 4-1-2-1-2 etc stuff is nonsense. It is only used to explain to the thickest of players where they should actually be and what they should do. It is not a game of chess. It is a simple game.

So you liked Karel Fraeye’s tactic of “spread out”?
    .....and Run Away!
  • Options
    I wonder did the use of the name Striker come about after the board game Super Striker where you used to whack the little player on the head for him to shoot?
  • Options
    Whenever I see we have signed someone, I always assume it is for the women's team
    Although maybe not if they're called David or Nigel
    That will come, don't worry. 
  • Options
    My son reckons Leko maybe Signing for us permanently?
  • Options
    Hope he is right. He is still learning his game and could become very very dangerous with more consistent runs in the team. 🤞
  • Options
    Leko needs a fixed position. He's got the ability but aiming to pull out magic each time gets the ball.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    chev said:
    Looks that way based on that post.
    hopefully he gets a set position and gets back to what he was before his injury. Very likeable lad and also clearly a good player. 
    On his day he is championship level and far too good for league 1. 
    Would be happy with this one so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    i think he should be rotated with Lee - that's where i see he can be most effective  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    chev said:
    hopefully he gets a set position and gets back to what he was before his injury. Very likeable lad and also clearly a good player. 
    Is he? 2 league goals this season and not many assists, so hardly tearing up the division

I like him, but I'm not sure he fits our system especially, and we already have a number of attacking "wide" players under longish contracts (DJ, CBT, Kirk) to shoehorn into it.
  • Options
    Hope not
  • Options
    Oh God I hope not.

Not another winger-cum-not-scoring-forward. 
    He lacks height, is not robust enough,  has the decision make speed of a sleeping cat and slips over far too often.
    Leko is a good 6’ tall 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Addick_8 said:
    chev said:
    Is he? 2 league goals this season and not many assists, so hardly tearing up the division

I like him, but I'm not sure he fits our system especially, and we already have a number of attacking "wide" players under longish contracts (DJ, CBT, Kirk) to shoehorn into it.
    Like I said just before the part you highlighted. 
    He needs a set position and get his confidence back to what it was when we was in the championship. Before his injury he was good for us and started to become one of our regular starters. I hope he gets back to that.
  • Options
    There is a distinct lack of rumours, vague rumours or hints. The window  is a third gone and it appears there is no one we are really chasing  as usual. 
    I'm pretty sure this isn't true. Rumours simply don't crop up as much because things appear to be kept a lot more in-house these days. I might be wrong but i feel like even Cawley doesn't seem to have as much inside info as he used to.
  • Options
    Oh God I hope not.

Not another winger-cum-not-scoring-forward. 
    He lacks height, is not robust enough,  has the decision make speed of a sleeping cat and slips over far too often.
    I think the assertion Leko lacks height suggests you haven’t seen him play. 

He’s got the raw materials - even yesterday at times he held the ball up quite well but his decision making is poor and his end product is very lacking.  It’s clear he wants to play wide in a front 3 and we don’t have the players to play that system, unless you sacrifice Lee and play Leko and Washington behind Stockley .  That would ask a lot of Dobson and Gilbey.  
  • Options
    Would love Leno on a permanent transfer bags of potential and seems to have a good attitude I am sure JJ and Euell could improve him