Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Jac_52 said:
    Lavanier is an attacking right back, if Jacko is fed up with either playing wingers or Matthews as right wing back, maybe that could be an option

I'd rather he just tried Clare there or changed the formation since both right and left wing backs are integral to it and we have no one in the squad capable of playing the role he wants well. Need a Maatsen type player on both sides ideally and I'd say the left is in more need of cover.
    This.

Utterly pointless bringing in a loan player for less than 20 games. Season's over & we should be looking towards next season instead of giving game time to a Premiership team's player who wont be here next season. 
    Season isn't over until we are mathematically safe from relegation. I don't think we will go down but I really hope they don't down tools and look to far ahead just yet.
    Lot of points to play for .. 5/6 straight wins and top 6 will be in sight again 
    and 6 points away from relegation whilst 21st place AFC Wimbledon have 3 games in hand to potentially drag us into things by winning a couple of there games. As I say, we have enough about us that we shouldnt get dragged into it but its always better to just make sure. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    Lavanier is an attacking right back, if Jacko is fed up with either playing wingers or Matthews as right wing back, maybe that could be an option

I'd rather he just tried Clare there or changed the formation since both right and left wing backs are integral to it and we have no one in the squad capable of playing the role he wants well. Need a Maatsen type player on both sides ideally and I'd say the left is in more need of cover.
    This.

Utterly pointless bringing in a loan player for less than 20 games. Season's over & we should be looking towards next season instead of giving game time to a Premiership team's player who wont be here next season. 
    Season isn't over until we are mathematically safe from relegation. I don't think we will go down but I really hope they don't down tools and look to far ahead just yet.
    Well what he’s actually saying is right, we win 5 or 6 in a row we would have them in our sights.

Problem is I can’t see us getting 5 or 6 points in that time never mind wins.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jac_52 said:

I thought we looked better when JJ started his reign by using one attacking wing back, and one more defensively minded one. DJ and Purrington wasn’t it? We looked much more solid defensively back then. 
    To be fair,I dont think the defence is a problem ,we have let 4 goals in recently,One against Norwich created by a top class player,the other 3 where all goalkeeping errors.
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

I’m more worried about us going the other way. Failing to beat league one minnows Crewe & Cheltenham over the last week, has made Fleetwood a must win game on Sat.

After that we have a lot of tough games against Pompey (who haven’t let a goal in for about 5 games), Wigan, Wednesday, Sunderland etc.

Definitely need to be careful we don’t get dragged into the relegation mix.
  • Matt Smith mk3 won't be coming, off to Salford. 
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

You’re only here for the wind up though. 
  • Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Jac_52 said:

I thought we looked better when JJ started his reign by using one attacking wing back, and one more defensively minded one. DJ and Purrington wasn’t it? We looked much more solid defensively back then. 
    It was Leko and Purrington to begin with.
    You’re right. I’d be looking to go back to that line up again (if players are fit) if I were JJ. 
  • edited January 2022
    Jac_52 said:

This.

Because of course all of the other teams between us and top 6 won’t pick any points up. Why stop at top 6, let’s go for 1st place. Only a 22 point gap. We could be 2 points clear in 8 games time. 
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

Well what he’s actually saying is right, we win 5 or 6 in a row we would have them in our sights.

You have the bear in mind that other teams above might go on similar runs, and those in the playoff places are unlikely go on losing runs. Win 5 or 6 games in a row (which won’t happen) and I doubt the gap would shrink as much as you’d think it might. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Jac_52 said:

To be fair,I dont think the defence is a problem ,we have let 4 goals in recently,One against Norwich created by a top class player,the other 3 where all goalkeeping errors.
    The stats are correct, but other teams have looked like scoring more often than they did in JJ’s early days. Cheltenham could easily have scored four on Saturday. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jac_52 said:

This.

You have the bear in mind that other teams above might go on similar runs, and those in the playoff places are unlikely go on losing runs. Win 5 or 6 games in a row (which won’t happen) and I doubt the gap would shrink as much as you’d think it might. 
    I disagree.  Outside of the premier league you can change your season with 6 wins in a row, that’s all it takes, it’s 24 dogs in a royal rumble.  

But as you said in brackets, who on earth would predict that the way we are playing!
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Jac_52 said:

The stats are correct, but other teams have looked like scoring more often than they did in JJ’s early days. Cheltenham could easily have scored four on Saturday. 
    I mean even as bad as we were, with a bit more composure Aneke's cross bar shot goes in and his looping volley too, oh and their keeper made a good save at one point. 4-4 Same result in terms of point share. 
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

I would also like to see Clare in that role and with Lavelle's return getting closer it makes even more sense.
  • Sage said:
    Swisdom said:
    I've watched a few highlights of him and seen all his goals this season.  He's pretty quick and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.  Has often netted a tap in as a result of terrible defending but a few from range too.  Looks pretty strong and able to hold off a defender.  Scores with either foot too.

He takes their penalties but has missed 2 this season

From his heat map he doesn't venture much outside the centre of the pitch so not likely to drift about much

10th most shots in the National League and 7th most touches in the box reiterating that's where he does most of his work

Doesn't feature much in the passing rankings and has 1 assist to his name

It's a possibility his stats are good because the players around him create lots of chances and he converts them rather than individual brilliance and my question would be can he create something out of nothing if we are not able to get him service.  I'm not convinced and would need to watch his entire involvement in a match situation

Assuming this is about Tshimanga?

Yes, admittedly I have only seen one full 90 minutes of him this season. It’s not enough, granted.

However, he was very good for Chesterfield against a Chelsea side that had a team full of international players. He was lively, quick, skilful, strong. He cause them problems. The score might have been 5-1, but he got in behind numerous times, it was the quality of Chelsea’s defence that put the block in or forced him out wide that little too far.

Looks like a number of teams are interested in him including Hearts.

It was only a suggestion I made the other week initially as he impressed me. As did man of the match Lewis Hall.

It looks like he has impressed a number of clubs on top of his scoring record this season.

We miss someone who can regularly put the ball in the back of the net, easier said than done, but we do. Aneke, Stockley and Washington should all score around 15 goals each in a season, but we need that something extra alongside them. 
    Yes was Tshimanga but the bit I previously quoted didn’t come through 😀

be interesting to see if he does move and, if so, how much for and how he does.
    Id say there isn’t a lot between Hearts and L1 in terms of standard so it depends on how trust in himself 
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

You are deluded my friend. 
    Even he doesn't believe the crap he comes out with.
    He's just a Wum. 
    20 games to go - 60 points to play for we are 13 points of 6th spot .. so I repeat this season far from
    over …. 
    Of course its far from over, if we get beat on Saturday and all the teams behind us win their games in hand we would be 5th bottom 3 points outside the relegation places.

That's as likley as is winning our next six. 
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

He's just a Wum. 
    20 games to go - 60 points to play for we are 13 points of 6th spot .. so I repeat this season far from
    over …. 
    And I repeat. 
    You are a Wum.
  • Jac_52 said:

This.

He's just a Wum. 
    over …. 
    Keep digging son. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:

This.

He's just a Wum. 
    over …. 
    Of course its far from over, if we get beat on Saturday and all the teams behind us win their games in hand we would be 5th bottom 3 points outside the relegation places.

With our recent form 5 not winning is more likely than 5 wins on the trot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• And I am not saying a huge difference in those 13 either. If we picked up 18 points instead of 9, we would have gone from relegation form to mid table form.

Those extra 9 points would have us 4 off the play-offs. We’d be thinking if only we hadn’t had this little dip in form, we’d be in the play-offs. We could have afforded the dip knowing the gap is only 4 points. We can’t now knowing the gap is 13 points.

The season looks over, and likely is. But in theory, winning 4 on the spin could bring us to say 7 points off it with 16 to go, it would be incredibly tough but not impossible.

But you can’t change the past. We need to look forward and ensure we learn from mistakes and be a lot, lot stronger next season. 
  • Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:

This.

He's just a Wum. 
    over …. 

With our recent form 5 not winning is more likely than 5 wins on the trot. 
    It is. But football can turn quickly, it’s a funny old game and stranger things have happened. However, it won’t and we will probably finish around 10th.

No where near good enough but as I’ve said before, giving everyone else a 13 game head start and expecting success is just not realistic.

We aren’t in good form now, but every club has a dip in form like this through the season. It wasn’t going to happen that we smash the league for the rest of the season as soon as Jackson came in. If we had a solid start to the season in those first 13 games, we would be able to afford a blip like this. We didn’t, so we can’t.
    We gave everyone a 5 game head start due to the slow recruitment. 

Our form now is as bad as it was under Adkins before the players completely gave up. 

It's starting to look very likley that Sunderland, Plymouth and Ipswich were our blips and the rest is our "normal". 
  • Understandable point, but remember, we cannot decide if it is just a blip, or something that will be a feature for the rest of the season.

Remember when all we needed was Innis and Famewo back and the near guaranteed clean sheets would return. It never happened as their form coincided with the rest of the team, rather than being the sole factors contributing to it.
  • Hal1x said:
    What is the point of setting up specific posts for transfer news, only for it to be hijacked by-posters talking bollocks about anything bar transfers, and sorting out their own petty squabbles. Isn't there somewhere else you can go play your games?. 
    ps I do realise the irony of complaining about the posting of non transfer news on this post, whilst posting about non transfer news myself.
    Reported yesterday that we are close to another signing. If we are, you’d anticipate them being a youngster on loan as someone else has to leave due to squad size. Was said about Nile John from Spurs.

Problem is he is yet to get first team football. Advantage is he looks to have kicked on this season, making a name for himself, and has a bit of talent about him. Not seen him play live, but if he’s highly rated by Spurs, he’s likely to have qualities that other current players either don’t have, or is better at.

My thing is, loan signings from Premier League teams could only really work now if we can also bring them back next season. Giving this period a bedding in time and exposing them to men’s football in the view of being important to us next season.
  • Sage said:
    Hal1x said:
    What is the point of setting up specific posts for transfer news, only for it to be hijacked by-posters talking bollocks about anything bar transfers, and sorting out their own petty squabbles. Isn't there somewhere else you can go play your games?. 
    ps I do realise the irony of complaining about the posting of non transfer news on this post, whilst posting about non transfer news myself.
    Reported yesterday that we are close to another signing. If we are, you’d anticipate them being a youngster on loan as someone else has to leave due to squad size. Was said about Nile John from Spurs.

Problem is he is yet to get first team football. Advantage is he looks to have kicked on this season, making a name for himself, and has a bit of talent about him. Not seen him play live, but if he’s highly rated by Spurs, he’s likely to have qualities that other current players either don’t have, or is better at.

My thing is, loan signings from Premier League teams could only really work now if we can also bring them back next season. Giving this period a bedding in time and exposing them to men’s football in the view of being important to us next season.
    That's what happened with Da Silva who barely played in the first couple of months, but then settled down to be a regular for the next year

Even Famewo will end up staying 2 seasons with us, which is as long as most of our recent permanent signings...
  • Hal1x said:
    the arguments are the best bit - think most people are sworn to secrecy on any actual info now  
  • From what some have said sounds like we should expect a young Prem loanee, but it was only recently TS said we’d look to bring in experienced loans and young permanent signings.

Could it be a Prem youngster on a permanent deal?

Sunderland’s left back Dennis Cirkin is 19 and joined them from Spurs in the summer. No idea how well he’s doing but given he’s played plenty of games and they’re 2nd I expect he’s better than Souare and someone who will get improve.

Prem u23s is hopefully somewhere we’re looking for permanent signings as well as loans.
  • Scoham said:
    From what some have said sounds like we should expect a young Prem loanee, but it was only recently TS said we’d look to bring in experienced loans and young permanent signings.

Could it be a Prem youngster on a permanent deal?

Sunderland’s left back Dennis Cirkin is 19 and joined them from Spurs in the summer. No idea how well he’s doing but given he’s played plenty of games and they’re 2nd I expect he’s better than Souare and someone who will get improve.

Prem u23s is hopefully somewhere we’re looking for permanent signings as well as loans.
    Conor Gallagher £5.50 and some pocket lint on a perm.