Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Can't read the article behind a paywall but the headline is not at all promising.
  • Options
    Bad bad bad 
  • Options
    Can this be raised at the Fans Forum this week? As a really really bad idea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully TS will listen. Who advised him on this ?
  • Options
    Didn’t they used to be called Charlton Ladies years ago?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Very disappointed and completely baffled by this

Maybe Charlton Women would’ve been better off without his involvement
    Why would you think that?
  • Options
    I mean, is it that hard to ask what they want?
    He doesn’t care clearly. Does what he wants. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't read the article behind a paywall but the headline is not at all promising.

Charlton Women are set to rebrand as ‘Charlton Ladies’ in a shock decision that its players have labelled “insulting.”

The move to drop the moniker ‘women’ in favour of ‘ladies’ is understood to have been driven by Charlton’s owner, Thomas Sandgaard, the Danish-American businessman who agreed to a historic takeover of the women’s side in February this year.

A senior source at the club said the decision has sparked outrage among players, who branded the move “insulting” and “derogatory” in a club meeting with Sandgaard last Friday.

Karen Hills, who took over the championship side earlier this year and enjoyed a successful playing career with the Addicks between 2001 and 2007, is also said to be staunchly opposed to the idea.

Such are the players’ frustrations that they have reportedly drafted a letter to the Professional Footballers’ Association in a last-ditch attempt to block the name change, although Charlton have already listed the women’s team as the ‘Ladies’ Team’ on its official club website

• Options
    Only thing I can think of is the fact that Sandgaard has tweeted a few times saying: "Congratulations Ladies" when they've won - Does he find the terminology of the word "women" wrong? - Would hope Doctor Raelynn Maloney would have been able to advise.

Just hope that the internal meeting went well enough on Friday to calm everyone down, and that this article isn't a stronger push from whoever felt that they werent listened to during that meeting so feel further pushback is required.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Other than people telling you it's bad, why is the term "ladies" now seen as bad?

I've always been confused about this and no one has ever given a clear answer, Google included.
    Is there a mens team called the guys or blokes team? 

Men's teams and Women's teams helps the argument of equality. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    .edit wrong thread 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Other than people telling you it's bad, why is the term "ladies" now seen as bad?

I've always been confused about this and no one has ever given a clear answer, Google included.
    Likewise, I've always compared the term "Ladies" with "Gentlemen"

Have always thought "woman" sounded worse
    I believe it's the implication of the word that evokes an image of well-mannered, do as your told, demur 'ladies' of decades gone by. We are not in that time anymore and the women should be able to decide for themselves what their team is called, rather than having "ladies" forced onto them by a middle aged man.
    Thanks Callum - I did wonder if that was the case.
  • Options
    So are all the top sides called ‘ladies’

Im struggling to get my head wrapped around even the consideration to do this.
    Can’t think of anyone in WSL or Championship that still uses Ladies