Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Footballers Collapsing during games

During the Sheffield United v Reading game tonight John Fleck went down during the game and needed urgent medical treatment.
After a while he managed to get back onto his feet and was taken off on a stretcher afterwards then into an Ambulance for further evaluation. 
Best wishes to him and hope he recovers quickly.

Is it just me or are these instances happening a lot more frequently during football matches? Or is this a case of recency bias? 

Comments

• FFS!! - Saw this mentioned briefly by Benjy during his twitter commentary

Wondered if it was something to do with what you say but dismissed it based on how the tweet was written.

Certainly getting a bit ridiculous of late

Players being over-stretched maybe? - Jackson mentioned the other night that there is always risk with playing at high intensity, that injury chances get increased, but this is silly - To think the officials wanted the World Cup over two years...

Footballers get treated like commodities far too often, but then the money they earn means they should be able to cope... Right... RIGHT???
  • If it going to happen to someone - better in a footy game with thousands of eyes and skilled medics nearby, as opposed to alone in your home. 
    Best wishes to Fleck. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    100% it's COVID jab related. Myocarditis is one of the major side effects. My partners PT, a Teetotal non smoker had an instant heart attack seconds after having his jab and isn't it funny how many players this is happening to? 

Aguero, Eriksen no answers to why and how yet have played for how many years without any issues during medicals with their hearts. 

I'm double jabbed and I'm not an antivaxxer but I'm convinced these are all related to the jab.
    If its COVID jab related, why isn't it happening a lot more often?
  • Oh yes, the Covid jab. Certainly not the physical demands of pro football being far more than they were even ten years ago. Nope, it's the jab wot done it 
  • Have you not seen how many supporters and players have collapses since the euros including Eriksen? 

Prior to covid how many players can you remember collapsing at games? Also fans at games? We've had at least 5/6 already this season. Aguero the most high profile after Eriksen. Its not a coincidence. 

As I say I'm double jabbed and I don't watch these stupid conspiracy videos, but I'm 100% convinced it's all related, hence the lack of coverage or news on the whys regarding Eriksen and Aguero in particular. 

Bare in mind both players have player 300+ elite level football games previously without any problems.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    100% it's COVID jab related. Myocarditis is one of the major side effects. My partners PT, a Teetotal non smoker had an instant heart attack seconds after having his jab and isn't it funny how many players this is happening to? 

Aguero, Eriksen no answers to why and how yet have played for how many years without any issues during medicals with their hearts. 

I'm double jabbed and I'm not an antivaxxer but I'm convinced these are all related to the jab.
    WTF - if it was Covid jab related with many many millions of jabs being given out, we would have people collapsing around us left right and centre. 

• CAFCDAZ said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-soccer-denmark-idUSL2N2NW1BX

Eriksen not vaccinated according to this reuters article.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Have you not seen how many supporters and players have collapses since the euros including Eriksen? 

Prior to covid how many players can you remember collapsing at games? Also fans at games? We've had at least 5/6 already this season. Aguero the most high profile after Eriksen. Its not a coincidence. 

As I say I'm double jabbed and I don't watch these stupid conspiracy videos, but I'm 100% convinced it's all related, hence the lack of coverage or news on the whys regarding Eriksen and Aguero in particular. 

Bare in mind both players have player 300+ elite level football games previously without any problems.
    I saw 3 people fall over with heart attacks outside the Jab centre today alone 🤣
  • 4Real said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Have you not seen how many supporters and players have collapses since the euros including Eriksen? 

I saw 3 people fall over with heart attacks outside the Jab centre today alone 🤣
    were they on the way in or out?
  • CAFCDAZ said:

If its COVID jab related, why isn't it happening a lot more often?
    Genuinely name how many cases you can remember in your lifetime where you have watched a live game, or seen a fan collapse or player in the time you've watched football pre covid? Muamba and Foe are probably the 2 most high profile. Aside from that? Conspiracy maybe, but surely we aren't all that blind to see its not a common occurance and like anything, not everyone is going to be affected. Not everyone that gets Covid dies do they? No didn't think so. Not everyone who get covid gets the effects of long covid? Not everyone who gets jabbed suffers a reaction?

See where this is going....
  • Sponsored links:

• The players collapsing are more likely a result of the higher intensity of training & competition that players now go through.

• edited November 24
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Stig said:
    Shit, I've got my booster on Friday.  Anyone know if I can pre book an ambulance? 😉
    You can laugh all you want, my partners PT had his at the Eltham location, wendsley close I believe, literally had a heart attack 30 seconds later. Survived but it was the jab that caused it. Let's hope it dont happen, I was fine but it's fact that it can cause heart problems
    Sorry where is this documented fact, from a reliable source?

If one in 50,000 people who get jabbed get a heart complaint, how do you rule out they wouldn't have had it anyway?
  • Yep 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

What You Need to Know

• Cases of myocarditis reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)external icon have occurred:
      • After mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), especially in male adolescents and young adults
      • More often after the second dose
      • Usually within a week of vaccination
    • Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis who received care responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly.
    • Patients can usually return to their normal daily activities after their symptoms improve. Those who have been diagnosed with myocarditis should consult with their cardiologist (heart doctor) about return to exercise or sports. More information will be shared as it becomes available.

Both myocarditis and pericarditis have the following symptoms:

• Chest pain
    • Shortness of breath
    • Feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heart

Seek medical care if you or your child have any of the specific or general symptoms of myocarditis or pericarditis especially if it’s within a week after COVID-19 vaccination.

• edited November 24
    Those numbers are beyond tiny. Fair play for the link. 

In one study
    1 of more than 5 million people who had received the Pfizer–BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, 136 developed myocarditis.
    The other study
    2, of more than 2.5 million people who received the shot, identified just 54 cases of myocarditis.
  • Dazzler thats reported cases, let's be honest not everyone suffers with it or will realise they even have it.

My brother in law had myocarditis in 2017, never had a clue, we used to go gym every day before work, never had an issue  1 morning woke up and thought he had heart burn, didn't give it a 2nd thought. 2 days later had sharp chest pains, again ignored it. That weekend the pain came back, went into hospital and got diagnosed. Apparently he had had 3 mini heart attacks and didn't even realise. How? No fucking idea but he was transferred to Kings and kept in for 2 weeks, took him 9 months of meds to recover. He was 23 at the time, fit and healthy. Its not something you always realise.

I had type 2 diabetes for probably 3 years before I was diagnosed. Mine wasn't related to weight but genetics,  ignorance was the only reason I never got checked, my bloods were 28 when I had them done, your supposed to be between 4-7.

Point being is sometimes you don't find these things out, sometimes it's too late or something serious happens before you realise.i had probably 5/6 glaringly obvious signs, but I did fuck all about it. It was only because I was sick and tired of pissing like a racehorse during the night that I got checked. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Stig said:
    Shit, I've got my booster on Friday.  Anyone know if I can pre book an ambulance? 😉
    You can laugh all you want, my partners PT had his at the Eltham location, wendsley close I believe, literally had a heart attack 30 seconds later. Survived but it was the jab that caused it. Let's hope it dont happen, I was fine but it's fact that it can cause heart problems
    Sorry to hear that someone you know has had troubles, but you are asking for a gentle ribbing when you come on here full of bluster and claiming that  "100% it's covid jab related". Maybe it is related, but that's no more than a possibility. All we have at the moment is one coincidence (at most). I want to see some real correllations reported by trained professionals using relevant statistical significance tests before I'll give any credence to your claims. Frankly, there's far too much jumping up and down by people without a scientific background trying to discredit the greatest lifesaver for a generation. The noise you are making is not helpful.
  • I'm not coming from a place full of watching videos and listening to podcasts of in my opinion nutters spouting dross that people take Hook line and sinker. I have family that are Doctors, a cardiologist as Gary just mentioned that totally contradicts the stamens you just made, also a family friend who is actually a very senior member within Whittys office who also shared concerns regarding this. Maybe my wording wasn't right, its wrong to say it I'd 100% related, I should have said in my opinion it Is. 

I find the whole thing rather strange to be honest. I know a lot of antivaxxers, a good percentage of my friends among them and I always argue the case for it, however I can see their concerns when you read things like this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10222035/amp/FDA-says-need-55-YEARS-make-vaccine-related-information-available-public.html

55 years to release the data to the public? Do you not find that weird? I'm in my 30s, is that normal as I don't remember data taking that long to be released. Please correct me if I'm wrong. That just makes me think even more so, yes it may save lives, but side effects like myocarditis are much more common then they lead us to believe.

• Pretty sure the general public are vaccinated to a much higher level. Sure I read other day that in Premier League the Covid vaccine take up was only around 40-50%. Surely as said many more people would be falling ill if that were true.