Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Day 32.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Rothko said:
    The revisionism about OGS being trotted out already is boring already. He did a decent job at united considering the mess Mourinho left behind, runners up behind an exceptional City and an European final.
    Sorry Rothko why is there this line Mourinho left them in a mess and OGS hasn’t?. Mourinho finished in 2nd place season before same as OGS and won a couple of trophies. They are in exactly the same place as when Mourinho left. I’d argue it’s actually worse they have a guy up front who doesn’t appear to fit into modern football who is undroppable.

one final point when the players are saying they have never experienced anything like this ie De Gea you could argue that on the inside he’s left them in a worst place than Mourinho.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I get the fact we don’t want to be hasty, and it all go pear shaped.

I get the fact JJ is a ‘rookie’ interim manager, and therefore in TS’s world a high risk probability of being unsuccessful.

But surely it’s also about identifying talent, we could have our own version of Dyche or Eddie Howe on our hands , and they did more than all right.

Give JJ the job till the end of the season , with a 2 year contract extension included at the end in the summer of we make the playoffs / get promoted.

I understand TS has had his fingers severely burnt, in recruitment terms, he thought he was getting a proven track record of success on the cheap so to speak ( a manager not in a job , not needing to be poached) and probably couldn’t believe his luck, maybe there was a reason Nigel hadn’t been in work for 2 years?

I want the best person for the job, someone who is going to unite all the fans, get us going home and away to games just because we want the manager and the team to do well, and more importantly have fun, and feel proud about the club that you support.

Even if JJ is / isn’t given the job till the end of the season, I want to know what lessons have been learned and will be implemented from the transfer window, because we all can’t go through that stress again!

I just hope TS has the humility to realise he has got certain things wrong and put it down to experience in a different industry.

• Options
    If Jackson doesn’t get the job here, he will be offered a job in League 2, I can’t seem him going back to being an assistant now 
  • Options
    If Jackson doesn’t get the job here, he will be offered a job in League 2, I can’t seem him going back to being an assistant now 
    of course he won't go back to being a No 2 here (and why should he, I wouldn't if it were me)

I'm 100% confident he'll get the full time gig (all in good time), pretty sure he's fairly relaxed about it and must've had plenty of internal conversations around it

Letting him go now would rank as probably the worst mistake of the past 5/10 years......and that's with some seriously stiff competition
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Scoham said:
    Because we don’t want Man U situation where a person was appointed with heart not head and after the honeymoon period went downhill big time 
    Granted but Jacko has a 83% win rate now. The change in the last few weeks has been a complete turnaround and that’s down to him, Euell and the players taking their instructions onboard 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Dave2l said:
    3 minutes of pure emotion from Jacko with that lot from ESI, man if you cut him in half he would have CHARLTON ATHLETIC running through him like a stick of rock..this man is everything we need at this club, and I hope this long outstanding contract fiasco get's sorted as soon as...
    Cut him in half and he would bleed red blood. That doesn't work so well for us. :)
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The revisionism about OGS being trotted out already is boring already. He did a decent job at united considering the mess Mourinho left behind, runners up behind an exceptional City and an European final.
    Sorry Rothko why is there this line Mourinho left them in a mess and OGS hasn’t?. Mourinho finished in 2nd place season before same as OGS and won a couple of trophies. They are in exactly the same place as when Mourinho left. I’d argue it’s actually worse they have a guy up front who doesn’t appear to fit into modern football who is undroppable.

one final point when the players are saying they have never experienced anything like this ie De Gea you could argue that on the inside he’s left them in a worst place than Mourinho.
    They are in a worse position for me, for not dealing with the actual recruitment issues they had, and not the ones the Glaziers thought they had with buying Ronaldo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Scoham said:
    Because we don’t want Man U situation where a person was appointed with heart not head and after the honeymoon period went downhill big time 
    So your saying if we do appoint Jacko it won't be an intelligent decision as we used our hearts rather than head?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

They are in a worse position for me, for not dealing with the actual recruitment issues they had, and not the ones the Glaziers thought they had with buying Ronaldo. 
    No point having Ronaldo if you are still left with McFredic 
  • Options
    Look forward to watching the 30 mins.

JJ is soooo passionate about Charlton. Take note Lyle, Aneke, Phillips, etc.....it's possible to build something and not go searching and sniffing for £££
  • Options
    No wonder there’s ‘internal resistance’ from Ged Roddy when his son isn’t in the match day squad anymore
  • Options
    No wonder there’s ‘internal resistance’ from Ged Roddy when his son isn’t in the match day squad anymore
    What internal resistance? Have I missed something?
  • Options
    Found this very interesting, especially when he talked about the role of the assistant manager and then discussed how he went about changing things and doing things differently when he became caretaker.

Of course the proof has been in the results anyway, but certainly makes my worries about the mistakes we were making not changing look very misplaced now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't read all the articles.  Where is that quote from?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Airman Brown said:

"On the football front, I knew about Hasselbaink, reports of internal resistance to Jackson and Martin Sandgaard at the beginning of last week. I took a decision not to reference any of them in the new VOTV because I thought they would just fuel conspiracy theory without having the substance to say what they mean."

Direct quote from another thread. Emphasis mine however. 

• Options
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Look forward to watching the 30 mins.

JJ is soooo passionate about Charlton. Take note Lyle, Aneke, Phillips, etc.....it's possible to build something and not go searching and sniffing for £££
    With all due respect to JJ - he was never presented the same transfer options as those names you mentioned
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I’m sure this is already on the thread, so apologies if it is, but I just watched this and it’s pretty interesting stuff. 

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Airman Brown said:

"On the football front, I knew about Hasselbaink, reports of internal resistance to Jackson and Martin Sandgaard at the beginning of last week. I took a decision not to reference any of them in the new VOTV because I thought they would just fuel conspiracy theory without having the substance to say what they mean."

Which thread?  This is concerning if true.  Is the source a thread on CL or external?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I’m sure this is already on the thread, so apologies if it is, but I just watched this and it’s pretty interesting stuff. 

That was a very good interview 👍
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Airman Brown said:

Which thread?  This is concerning if true.  Is the source a thread on CL or external?
    The Martin Sandgaard thread. Page 6 I think. Part of a much longer and more detailed comment about various issues. 
  • Options
    Day 33.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Airman Brown said:

The Martin Sandgaard thread. Page 6 I think. Part of a much longer and more detailed comment about various issues. 
    Ta.