Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I think he will see Jackson's popularity first hand tomorrow. From JJs perspective, it will be a great game to win. 
    If we beat the team that are top of the league tomorrow there won’t be too much more that JJ can do to show he deserves it. Hopefully Sandgaard sees it that way too. 
    The issue will be if we don't win. Tomorrow is a tough game, with 2 key players suspended. Will TS see that as a reason to look elsewhere?
    He's already looking
  • Options
    I wonder which has been his mate Roddy will lumber us with now .  Deeply disconcerting - the guy is clearly an ego maniac .  I know he saved us as I will be grateful for that but this statement has sapped my enthusiasm. 
  • Options
    Does ring alarm bells a bit.

But I can't help but feel that he doesn't want JJ stepping off the gas, to keep striving for it. 

The bounce we got when Adkins took over then once settled we went backwards massively might be playing on his mind.

He has stated his intent of wanting Charlton to play a certain style that has a big factor.

I think now Jackson is everyone's 1st choice and we should all unite behind him. 

Unless we can tempt Jackson and Beale to be joint managers and have Euell as assistant. 3 progressive coaches. 
  • Options
    Bit concerned reading them comments, strange time to do it a night before a full crowd
  • Options
    Bit concerned reading them comments, strange time to do it a night before a full crowd
    If. And it's a big if,he manages to get a result tomorrow,the sound in that place will be deafening in calls for Jacko to be given the job.
  • Options
    I don't get the concern, he said Christmas and nothing's changed.
  • Options
    We, as fans, need to make sure TS hears the support for Jackson tomorrow. 
  • Options
    If Jackson gets given the job off a few caretaker wins then that's good. If Jackson gets given the job off a few caretaker wins after Sandgaard publicly interviews all the best managers he can and still decides Jackson is the best candidate then it gives him even more validation as the man for the job rather than someone we stumbled onto after messing up the previous hire
  • Options

If. And it's a big if,he manages to get a result tomorrow,the sound in that place will be deafening in calls for Jacko to be given the job.
    It's not a fans popularity competition though, it will be a business decision, similar to Adkins appointment I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Of course winning games is far more popular with us 'know nothing' fans than losing them. If JJ continues as he is and we will possibly have the odd setback, but if we continue going forwards, Sandgaard would truly be the Emperor not wearing any clothes. We are not there yet and hopefully won't ever be.

If we go on a run of defeats, then it will be less of an issue. I have faith in JJ so don't think that will happen. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

It's not a fans popularity competition though, it will be a business decision, similar to Adkins appointment I suppose.
    That went well . 
    Which is why we shouldn't rush the next permanent appointment. 

It would be foolish.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:

That went well . 
    Which is why we shouldn't rush the next permanent appointment. 

It would be foolish.
    I don’t disagree with what you say - there is no rush.  Sandgaard didn’t need to say a word about it today, however.  
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    It's not rocket science.

Sandgaurd has done the right thing. He isn't stupid and he's not an ego maniac.

He knows the players want Jackson to be manager. He knows the fans want Jackson as manager.

So, they are going to put more effort in for him on Saturday, aren't they? As a reaction.

He is simply just thinking ahead. He wants Jackson to continuously be hungry for the position and he wants him to earn it 

It will be an even greater feeling for him when he does sign that deal.

He is going to be charltons permanent manager. It will happen.
    It's not a question.

It's just a matter of "when"
    Sandgaard is an ego maniac .  That’s plainly obvious, whether you like him or not.  I was broadly in favour before today - now I am neutral, while acknowledging that he is far better than the ESI lot and Duchatelet. That was a show of posturing today.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Dave2l said:
    It's not rocket science.

Sandgaurd has done the right thing. He isn't stupid and he's not an ego maniac.

He knows the players want Jackson to be manager. He knows the fans want Jackson as manager.

So, they are going to put more effort in for him on Saturday, aren't they? As a reaction.

He is simply just thinking ahead. He wants Jackson to continuously be hungry for the position and he wants him to earn it 

It will be an even greater feeling for him when he does sign that deal.

He is going to be charltons permanent manager. It will happen.
    It's not a question.

It's just a matter of "when"
    Sandgaard is an ego maniac .  That’s plainly obvious, whether you like him or not.  I was broadly in favour before today - now I am neutral, while acknowledging that he is far better than the ESI lot and Duchatelet. That was a show of posturing today.  

An ego maniac is someone who lives in their own world and they have narcissistic tendancies. An individual that is simply just an asshole.

Sandgaurd takes pride in himself and in his work. He gets his guitar out every now and again.

So what?

When large egos are scarred...there is usually a surprising negative reaction. Fragile self opinionated idiots react in all kinds of ways. Usually a short fuse.

When he was at the valley getting moaned at and people demanding for Adkins to get the boot.

He took it. He didn't go on twitter and say "if it wasn't for me putting my money in...Charlton would be f*cked"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

That went well . 
    exactly
  • Options
    Day 31
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    charlton legend  - give him the job TS 
  • Options
    and then do everything you can to keep him coz i predict that in 2/3 years time he's gonna be a very sought after manager  
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yep it's no different to signing up a promising youth player....don't waste it!
  • Options
    Listening to people talk about Man Utd and OS cane in as caretaker won 3/4 games on the trott and was given the job .. many said that was a mistake to make that appointment so soon … we’ll look how it’s worked out ? JJ in a similar position still think we need to see him put under pressure the longer we keep winning there no need to rush ..
  • Options
    The revisionism about OGS being trotted out already is boring already. He did a decent job at united considering the mess Mourinho left behind, runners up behind an exceptional City and an European final.
  • Options
    Contract to the end of the season would be appropriate for JJ he’s had a brilliant start let’s see how it goes.