Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Yep of course he’s under contract, but does he stay as ‘caretaker’ till then as there is no rush? 
  • Options
    There isn’t a rush to do it 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Yep of course he’s under contract, but does he stay as ‘caretaker’ till then as there is no rush? 
    Like I said manager until he isn't, that's all Thomas has to say.  
  • Options
    So, from the opinions of some posters, it is a case of wait and see how Jacko handles some "consecutive defeats", so some of you want to see some defeats to justify whether he is kept on as a permanent or not, great!!
    Of course we could go on an undefeated run till Christmas...i did say could..so what then, wait till Easter,... Jacko has the players with him now, and wants stability now, not in some hyperthetical future scenario..
  • Options
    So, from the opinions of some posters, it is a case of wait and see how Jacko handles some "consecutive defeats", so some of you want to see some defeats to justify whether he is kept on as a permanent or not, great!!
    Of course we could go on an undefeated run till Christmas...i did say could..so what then, wait till Easter,... Jacko has the players with him now, and wants stability now, not in some hyperthetical future scenario..
    Most, if not all people work a three month probation period when starting a new job. Why does a football mangers job need to be any different. 
  • Options
    It will happen this week believe ! 
  • Options
    Love Jackson.

I still remember roughly about 8 years ago, I had a brief conversation with him on Twitter.

I think he simply just said "yeh not bad mate"

In response to a question I might have asked him. I think I made an enquiry about an injury he probably had.

Official communication with the Charlton athletic manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Job is his surely, yes there will be ups and downs but that's football. 
  • Options
    It really must be quite strange for him.

He probably isn't used to being an authority figure and he would have been the dressing room laugh starter. 

I don't know if he goes down the Brent route of "a friend 1st and a boss 2nd"

Soon as we lose...it will all change. (Hopefully we will go on a huge unbeaten run)
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He probably isn't used to being an authority figure and he would have been the dressing room laugh starter. 

Soon as we lose...it will all change. (Hopefully we will go on a huge unbeaten run)
    The videos put out after the last game seem to show him fairly comfortably fitting in the "boss" role. How "naturally" it comes as opposed to being practiced/put on i don't know but if he's faking, it's very convincing.

It looks to me like he's got a "work hard, play hard" kind of ethos. 
  • Options
    Thomas said 60 days to see what’s what, which I think is a sensible and measured approach.
  • Options
    Barring a sudden poor run of form, he will get the job. I can't think of anyone more suited to manage Charlton right now.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Thomas said 60 days to see what’s what, which I think is a sensible and measured approach.
    How many days left?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    How many days left?
    The day Jacko took over, +59 days. 
  • Options
    24 days gone then so far, if Thomas is a man of his word.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He is under contract until 2023.

It is his job to lose until it isn't, like every other manager.   Have we reached, or even past the point where you could bring someone else in over him?  Probably, it not we soon will.

As far as I am concerned he is the manager, until he isn't, Thomas doesn't need to say much more than that.  
    JJ must be getting paid more for the extra responsibility so suspect TS is not in a rush to appoint him as full time manager. With much improved performances I really can’t see us going on a losing streak.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Dave2l said:

The videos put out after the last game seem to show him fairly comfortably fitting in the "boss" role. How "naturally" it comes as opposed to being practiced/put on i don't know but if he's faking, it's very convincing.

It looks to me like he's got a "work hard, play hard" kind of ethos. 

• Options
    24 days gone then so far, if Thomas is a man of his word.

He should stick to giving him the 60 days.

There is no rush. Jackson isn't going anywhere. 
  • Options
    pretty sure they'll have a decent face to face chat this week when Thomas is over - expect him to be confirmed whilst he's here.

Watching the video after the Burton game, he's clearly got the respect of all the players
  • Options
    Think he’ll be announced before the Plymouth match. 
    Shame it’s bloody Plymouth though. 
  • Options
    One thing to consider is that other clubs will notice how well JJ is doing... what's to say TS keeps delaying and another club comes in with a firm offer. Yes he's Charlton but he also seems desperate to manage

Personally I think TS is still looking for a 'sexy' 'big name' to appear, which I think that's disrespectful to JJ.

Also was that tweet this weekend a bit of a concern? Something about " not the prettiest game" he didn't make those kind of comments after a win from his guy Adkins.

There will be a riot if he doesn't get it!
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s announced before the game on Saturday. TS is a showman and would suit his personality. 

Not genuinely concerned as Jacko is the manager regardless. Would hope we will see another first team coach be employed to increase our coaching numbers. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    One thing to consider is that other clubs will notice how well JJ is doing... what's to say TS keeps delaying and another club comes in with a firm offer. Yes he's Charlton but he also seems desperate to manage

Personally I think TS is still looking for a 'sexy' 'big name' to appear, which I think that's disrespectful to JJ.

Also was that tweet this weekend a bit of a concern? Something about " not the prettiest game" he didn't make those kind of comments after a win from his guy Adkins.

Think you're over-reading on this. It wasn't the prettiest game! We struggled going forwards 2nd half even if we held them at the back. TS put out a positive tweet with the kind of comment we'll all make. IMHO it's because he's a fan as much as an owner.

I also don't believe he's waiting for the big, sexy (Adkins?!) name, but I don't think he expected this team response from JJ, so his original plan would've been to be working on alternatives in the background, and certainly working on a slower, non knee-jerk, timeline. JJ is surely forcing his hand, which realistically is what everyone wanted!

JJ wants to manage here. Yes, he wants to manage full-stop, but his heart is here first and foremost (currently), and other clubs aren't going to jump out and offer him a job off the back of 4-5 results.

But... he has to get the job off the back of the last 5 games (I don't count the reserves in the pizza cup)
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Also was that tweet this weekend a bit of a concern? Something about " not the prettiest game", he didn't make those kind of comments after a win from his guy Adkins.

He didn’t have much opportunity to
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Do you think?