Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    msomerton said:
    After the last two games with poor performances you can see why Sandsgaard holding off making the appointment. He should give Jackson
    Another 5 to 8 games.the same number he gave Sdkins before making his decision.

In the Morecambe game we dominated, but two moments of poor defending cost the team the win. I have seen too many Cafc hapless performances over the years, but the Morecambe match wasn't one of those.
    We dominated but in a way that was completely without threat (in the second half). We never looked liked scoring after their penalty. 
  • Options
    I now would give it to JJ to the end of the season and assess then. Nothing wrong with that and I am a big Jacko fan but let’s get this one right or we are stuck in League one for years ! 
    If he does that he is not going to be buying players in January as a new manager may want to play say 4-4-2 and he has not got the players he wants.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I now would give it to JJ to the end of the season and assess then. Nothing wrong with that and I am a big Jacko fan but let’s get this one right or we are stuck in League one for years ! 
    If he does that he is not going to be buying players in January as a new manager may want to play say 4-4-2 and he has not got the players he wants.
    But that's the whole point of the model Thomas was trying to establish.  What Swansea, Southampton, MK Dons and others have done.

Thomas now has a very difficult choice to make, it's not just appointing Jackson or not, it is also writing off a lot of time, effort and his money. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    After the last two games with poor performances you can see why Sandsgaard holding off making the appointment. He should give Jackson
    Agreed 
    ITV boys sticking together.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    msomerton said:

In the Morecambe game we dominated, but two moments of poor defending cost the team the win. I have seen too many Cafc hapless performances over the years, but the Morecambe match wasn't one of those.
    We dominated but in a way that was completely without threat (in the second half). We never looked liked scoring after their penalty. 

We didn't have Stockley and unfortunately Aneke  from the bench, who we haven't replaced so when a team play defensively at home to Cafc it will be harder for us to score. We kept trying to work an opening but Conor's shot hit an outstretched leg. 

Two goals away from home is great compared to the no shots on target in a couple of early games. 

• Options
    Jacko still 100% the man - yesterday changes nothing 

with Stockley and either Pearce or Lavelle, we win 1 or possibly both the away games 
    But we didnt.
    If Inniss and Famewo hadnt of got injured last season we would of p#ssed into the play offs.
  • Options
    Day 39
  • Options
    Day 39
    3 weeks to go then..... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Day 39
    3 weeks to go then..... 
    ....until Thomas suddenly wakes up and smells the coffee, God I bloody hate this 60 day stuff, and the whole concept of that being the "day of reckoning" from Thomas, Jacko has worked a bloody miracle in getting us where we are in relation the threat of relegation days, and deserves his position being confirmed NOW, why wait till Christmas and in all reality the start of the next window...Grrrr :#
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    But that's the whole point of the model Thomas was trying to establish.  What Swansea, Southampton, MK Dons and others have done.

Thomas now has a very difficult choice to make, it's not just appointing Jackson or not, it is also writing off a lot of time, effort and his money. 

I understand the point you are making and this could be the stumbling block to Jackson getting the job If the template that Sandgaard has been convinced to use, by I would imagine Ged Roddy. 

Interesting the 3 teams you mentioned:

MK Dons played the same in both matches against Cafc last season. Winning at the valley with their passing game where retention of the ball was paramount, good game management when in the lead.  BUT,
    When they lost to Cafc at home they played the same way and even in the last 10 minutes continued to just keep the ball with no threat.

Swansea delightful on the eye in recent years but again they get to Wembley in the play off final and they have lost by HT as they forgot the missing ingredient, passion and fire in the belly. 

Southampton have a fantastic academy, and have talented players that tend to move on. Bale, Walcott came through from academy and  Van Dijk going for a record amount for a defender later in his career.
    For Southampton, in the Premier it's about negating the opposition as much as what they do with the ball. 

There was a reason I said I wonder what Thomas thought of Washington's goal with the assist from Craig MacGillivray ?

IF TS wants a high press and passing the ball out from the back then I thought we tried that, constantly passing out from the back under Bowyer and gave away a dozen gift goals and it wasn't even Christmas.

It feels like the "Management" are waiting for JJ to lose matches so they can use the "magic formula" of ball retention and pass like Man city. I look forward to our new signings !

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

I understand the point you are making and this could be the stumbling block to Jackson getting the job If the template that Sandgaard has been convinced to use, by I would imagine Ged Roddy. 

Interesting the 3 teams you mentioned:

MK Dons played the same in both matches against Cafc last season. Winning at the valley with their passing game where retention of the ball was paramount, good game management when in the lead.  BUT,
    When they lost to Cafc at home they played the same way and even in the last 10 minutes continued to just keep the ball with no threat.

Swansea delightful on the eye in recent years but again they get to Wembley in the play off final and they have lost by HT as they forgot the missing ingredient, passion and fire in the belly. 

Southampton have a fantastic academy, and have talented players that tend to move on. Bale, Walcott came through from academy and  Van Dijk going for a record amount for a defender later in his career.
    For Southampton, in the Premier it's about negating the opposition as much as what they do with the ball. 

There was a reason I said I wonder what Thomas thought of Washington's goal with the assist from Craig MacGillivray ?

IF TS wants a high press and passing the ball out from the back then I thought we tried that, constantly passing out from the back under Bowyer and gave away a dozen gift goals and it wasn't even Christmas.

It feels like the "Management" are waiting for JJ to lose matches so they can use the "magic formula" of ball retention and pass like Man city. I look forward to our new signings !

It's the principle of getting the manager to fit the style so they become essentially replaceable by the next bloke. 

How much time, effort and most importantly Thomas's money has been spent on depth charts, data analysis and all that other stuff?

Who's idea/vision is it?  Are the rumours of a cabinet reshuffle due to the idea or the poor implementation of it?

Who bought into, more importantly who said they did and didn't?

Or does it actually even exist or are many of us putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

I don't think we would even be having these discussions if it had been a few tactical tweeks. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Day 39
    3 weeks to go then..... 
    ....until Thomas suddenly wakes up and smells the coffee, God I bloody hate this 60 day stuff, and the whole concept of that being the "day of reckoning" from Thomas, Jacko has worked a bloody miracle in getting us where we are in relation the threat of relegation days, and deserves his position being confirmed NOW, why wait till Christmas and in all reality the start of the next window...Grrrr :#
    We're not totally out of the relegation scrap, especially with the league games we have this side of Christmas.

I want Jacko to get the job, and I think he will, but I do also understand the patience shown by TS. He's publicly set a timeframe, let' just wait until that's up and see where we are.
  • Options
    Day 40.
  • Options
    Day 41
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I watched last night’s game, at which Thomas was present.

I think that game was more good evidence than perhaps we might assume, that Jacko is the man for the job already.

I saw a team that had a mixture of seasoned pros and kids, yet looked like a coherent team where everyone was clear what was expected of them. As a result everyone could see which “out of favour”  players deserve to be knocking on Jackos door ( Arter, CBT) and which still have work to do (Morgan, Kirk). We also saw young players getting valuable experience and acqutting themselves well. That is exactly what a game like that is for. However we also won. And play our part in an entertaining game.

Glad TS was there.

Let's hope he gets his finger out of his ass then and stops procrastinating.... the job must be his, what more is there to be seen.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Euell was a better choice.
    I was wrong. JJ should be given the job now.
  • Options
    Day 42.
  • Options
    I watched last night’s game, at which Thomas was present.

I think that game was more good evidence than perhaps we might assume, that Jacko is the man for the job already.

I saw a team that had a mixture of seasoned pros and kids, yet looked like a coherent team where everyone was clear what was expected of them. As a result everyone could see which “out of favour”  players deserve to be knocking on Jackos door ( Arter, CBT) and which still have work to do (Morgan, Kirk). We also saw young players getting valuable experience and acqutting themselves well. That is exactly what a game like that is for. However we also won. And play our part in an entertaining game.

Glad TS was there.
    Can't really use a match against a youth team as a measuring stick. That tournament is about as competitive as a pre season friendly. 

Also not sure you can label CBT as being out of favour, seeing as he started against Shrewsbury.

He'll get the job if we have a good run in to Christmas. Beat Gateshead and get 4 points (at the very least) from the 3 remaining league matches. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Heard a bit of football side restructuring info today which I think will be welcomed by most - not sure if I can reveal it yet but one of our  pantomime villains looks like he could be slipping down the hierarchy and rightly so 
    Oooh ! Sounds interesting.

What could we do to turn your " not sure if I can reveal it yet" into " well, it's ****" ? 

I can think of 2 possible candidates .....
    Can't reveal atm (wasn't sure whether i could when i posted)  - cue everyone accusing me of attention seeking - but its good news imho so thought it worthy of posting and suggests some 'things' are getting sorted out this week.  
    Any update on this 'news' ?
  • Options
    Day 43.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Ferryman said:

Good video and case put for Jacko from Marcus, lots of good points raised regarding potential fan base reaction should it not be Jacko, it would be good to appoint Jacko on an end of season contract or end of next season as has been said, so over to you Thomas, get ya finger out mate.. B)
  • Options
    Surely now's the time?
  • Options
    Ipswich is the clincher, win that and he should be given it.