Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jacko to steamroller us into the third round where we loose at Huddersfield.
  • Options
    No news on tickets/pricing etc yet?
  • Options
    Think it will be behind closed doors to save us wasting our money.
  • Options

Tickets for Charlton’s first round FA Cup tie against Havant & Waterlooville at The Valley will go on sale from 9.30am on Monday, October 25th.

The Addicks welcome the National League South side to SE7 on Saturday, November 6th (3pm), with tickets available in the West lower and Covered End lower.

PRICES

Adults: £10

Over 65/U21: £5

U11*: £1

* Please note U11s will need to be accompanied by a full paying adult.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6172925258399/ticketing-details-for-havant-waterlooville-fa-cup-tie

• Options
    Let’s actually make a go of the cup this season. Promotion isn’t happening and we should (from fingers crossed!) have enough to avoid relegation. Some semblance of a cup run would be a welcome change. 
  • Options
    As I am going to be in the smoke that weekend I'm going...I always wanted to see Havant and Waterlooville.  Best team in Hampshire.
  • Options
    Tickets will be available on the day at the ground I assume...
  • Options
    Probably................unless its a sell out.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Probably................unless its a sell out.
    I wasn't sure if it was something that covid regs allowed....
  • Options
    FA Cup home tie early doors round (of course). Used to love getting a group of lads together, Charlton or not, mates from work etc interested in football or not.  Piss up in Blackheath and off to The Valley.  Could be up to 15 bodies one year and the football WAS ALWAYS THE LOW POINT.

Dead in the water a few years ago now.  Embarassment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FA Cup home tie early doors round (of course). Used to love getting a group of lads together, Charlton or not, mates from work etc interested in football or not.  Piss up in Blackheath and off to The Valley.  Could be up to 15 bodies one year and the football WAS ALWAYS THE LOW POINT.

Dead in the water a few years ago now.  Embarassment.
    Yeh yeh but are you going?

#magicofthecup
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Let’s actually make a go of the cup this season. Promotion isn’t happening and we should (from fingers crossed!) have enough to avoid relegation. Some semblance of a cup run would be a welcome change. 
    Why is promotion not happening ?? only 12 points of play offs 
  • Options
    Only way to watch this game is to be at The Valley. No live coverage on Charlton TV due to FA Broadcasting contract.

See you all there 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Only way to watch this game is to be at The Valley. No live coverage on Charlton TV due to FA Broadcasting contract.

See you all there 
    I wouldn’t blame any for staying away considering how we have have disrespected this competition ( and the fans ) in recent years . I hope we play a strong team and go for it . A cup run will do us good . I’ll be there on Saturday 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Looking on the website at the remaining tickets it’s going to be pretty empty on Saturday. 

Might see a few more sold over the next couple of days.

I still look forward to the FA Cup, many of the high points supporting Charlton have been in this competition…..unfortunately, so have many of the low points! 
  • Options
    Looking on the website at the remaining tickets it’s going to be pretty empty on Saturday. 

Might see a few more sold over the next couple of days.

I still look forward to the FA Cup, many of the high points supporting Charlton have been in this competition…..unfortunately, so have many of the low points! 
    If Burton is called off, maybe more people will go to get their Charlton fix for the next 2 weeks?
  • Options
    I think I'll decide on the day. What's the cut off for buying online?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Given the fact there are around 50 better teams than us in the FA Cup, any chance of a good cup run is pretty slim. If we were going to target a cup run and trip to Wembley then we'd need to go for the Pizza cup.

But also promotion is hardly over, still a very long way to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If level after 90 mins, is it a replay or pens?
  • Options
    Replay
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Replay
    Cheers wanted to book a table for a curry!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-caretaker-boss-johnnie-jackson-sends-out-clear-message-over-fa-cup-approach/
    I find Johnny's attitude to this really refreshing after all the negativity towards the FA cup in recent years.
    Apart from anything else, it will be an opportunity for Henderson, Clare,Morgan, Kirk, Elewere, Matthews, Arter if not injured, CBT and maybe Clayden and a few under 23s to show what they are worth.
    I would live to see us play a Premier League side at the Valley 
  • Options
    Henderson
    Matthews Elewere Famewo
    CBT Arter/Watson Saore
    Clare Morgan
    Davison Kirk

jonny's favourite formation, should be enough to see off Waterlooville
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-caretaker-boss-johnnie-jackson-sends-out-clear-message-over-fa-cup-approach/
    I find Johnny's attitude to this really refreshing after all the negativity towards the FA cup in recent years.
    Apart from anything else, it will be an opportunity for Henderson, Clare,Morgan, Kirk, Elewere, Matthews, Arter if not injured, CBT and maybe Clayden and a few under 23s to show what they are worth.
    I would live to see us play a Premier League side at the Valley 
    It would be a disgrace if we couldn't comfortably beat a 6th tier side at The Valley, whoever we put out there

Whether we actually play the Burton game will make a difference. If we do, then he'll want to rest a few players, if we don't then it might make sense to give certain 1st choice players minutes against either Havant or Orient
  • Options
    Reserve match, won’t be going to another cup game until we take them seriously 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Fair comment. That article doesn’t say we will play our strongest team or even sone of the league starting 11 at all. 

I’d have thought we absolutely need to prioritise this and have a chance of a cup run (however brief) to give some credit / meaning to the season. 

Outside chance of a premier league tie at some point and which is long overdue. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Fair comment. That article doesn’t say we will play our strongest team or even sone of the league starting 11 at all. 
    Exactly - I dont blame Jackson, it’s the way it is with the current football system but whoever  said it’s refreshing is kidding themselves - bring back the reserve league I say