Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• will likely be our lowest ever home turnout in the FA Cup
    I’ll wager a bet that there’ll be more away fans than home 
  • edited October 2021
    _MrDick said:
    will likely be our lowest ever home turnout in the FA Cup
    I’ll wager a bet that there’ll be more away fans than home 
    Just what I was thinking when the draw was being made. Also a comment from one of the presenters to a victorious manager about wondering if they would prefer a home tie or away to a "big" club, so that they can make some money. Well, I have news for H&W.......you'll be lucky that there will be anymore than 5k in the ground - and that would include 2500 away fans  !!
  • Havant have a large pompey following for glamour away days I believe
    Are you saying we're a glamour away day?
  • Didn’t we sign Ademola from H&W? Or is my mind playing tricks?
  • DA9 said:
    Didn’t we sign Ademola from H&W? Or is my mind playing tricks?
    Nah we signed him from a Sunday League team called Waterloo FC
  • If Torquay lose the replay and Nigel Keeps his job it will be Havant and Waterlooville vs Haven’t got a clue he’s here still 
  • DA9 said:
    Didn’t we sign Ademola from H&W? Or is my mind playing tricks?
    Nah we signed him from a Sunday League team called Waterloo FC
    I can see where I got them mixed up now, cheers 
  • Anyone on SM know how the 2 teams are viewing this  ?

Are they rubbing their hands thinking "money spinning tie against an ex-Premier League side" or rubbing their hands thinking "we can do this lot" 

Are they rubbing their hands thinking "money spinning tie against an ex-Premier League side" or rubbing their hands thinking "we can do this lot" 
    unless it's on TV it won't be very money spinning.
  • Sponsored links:

unless it's on TV it won't be very money spinning.
    No chance will it be on TV

ITV didnt list it after the draw as a tie to look out for, although they typically bigged up an all League One game...

I remember when we played Truro a few years ago, think it would have been televised had we been the away team (first Cornish team in the FA Cup proper for ages etc.). Because we were the home team, the broadcasters werent interested as the chances of an upset, combined with the fact the Valley would have been largely empty, it wouldn't have played into their "magic of the FA Cup" bullshit. 
  • It's a boring draw really, as all the big name clubs are at home, us, Sunderland, Ipswich, Wednesday, Wigan, Pompey, Bolton etc

One of those away at a non league side would have been an automatic TV pick, especially as 2 of them Wigan and Pompey have actually won the cup in recent years
  • I don't fancy our charges against Torquay or Havant & Waterlooville.
    I think we stand a chance against Havant or Waterlooville.
  • AFC Sudbury the lowest ranked team through to the 1st Round after coming from behind to beat Dartford

Marine and Maerske United join them in the draw from level eight after earning draws with Wrexham and Gateshead respectively.

Horsham (Dazzler gets his wish) | Banbury United | Harrow Borough | Bowers & Pitsea United are all through from level seven

Morpeth Town | Buxton | Stratford Town | Tamworth | Hayes & Yeading United | Yate Town | Corinthian Casuals | Folkestone Invicta have made the draw after earning replays in their respective games.

Quite impressive actually... Only nine teams from the Conference are currently through
    Only Buxton and Stratford Town made it through from the replays tonight

Marine and Marske both lost against their Conference opposition - Corinthian Casuals forced St. Albans to a penalty shootout and Folkestone lost against Eastleigh after Extra-Time so both got very close to the first round yet wasnt to be.

Havant & Waterlooville vs Torquay is tomorrow with the winners playing in an Exhibition game before they advance to the 2nd Round.
  • Like the last sentence, very good.
  • Havant 1-0 up inside the opening 10 minutes.
  • Torquay mates (honest) are very keen on a trip to the Valley but don't think they will beat H&W tonight. 

They are planning a coach up and want me to join them.  I told them they would start as favourites and the crowd would be small.

Where do away fans drink now?
  • Torquay lead 2-1 
  • Torquay mates (honest) are very keen on a trip to the Valley but don't think they will beat H&W tonight. 

They are planning a coach up and want me to join them.  I told them they would start as favourites and the crowd would be small.

I bet their coach pick up time is later than the one from Larkfield.
  • Sponsored links:

London or Greenwich.
  • 2-2 half way through the second half
  • 2-2 half way through the second half
    4-2 to H&W now
  • OK, now I really don't fancy playing H&W.
  • Havant win 4-2 and will be coming to the Valley.

London or Greenwich.
    Probably would have ended up being both, they are not allowed out of Torbay much.
  • Here’s hoping we can take then to a replay!