Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Can no longer get excited about a competition which we never seem to take seriously. 
  • Looking out for who Rotherham and Burton draw to see if we can play them on second round day should one of them get knocked out. 

Also want Crewe out as we have them away on 3rd round day. 

Obviously resigned to our usual early exit. 
    Good shout about Crewe. A new ground for me so have it pencilled in. We know we're goners before round 3 so fingers crossed Crewe bite the dust too.
  • An away game with a 13.00 kick off on a Sunday where the choo choos are f*****.
    A bit like Mansfield a few seasons back.
    It was the same when we had Halifax away at midday (or was it 11am) on a Sunday, there were no trains from London that got to Halifax before kick off.
  • There are 8 eighth tier (step four) teams left in the last round of qualifying...

Marine AFC
    Marske Utd
    Pontefract Collieries
    Stamford AFC
    Bedfont Sports
    AFC Sudbury
    Hastings Utd
    Chertsey Town
    Hastings would be an unreal draw. Zero idea how they would manage to make the ground suitable for the size of us coming down there.
    switched to The Valley, the A21 stuffed up as the population of East Sussex heads North to the smoke, cue an embarrassing home defeat.
  • Headlines Charlton lose the Battle of Hastings, one in the eye for the league one 'giants'.
  • If it was Hastings away,cant see it happening no segregation etc.The grounds just up the road from me would love it though.
    Dont want all those Sarf London Herberts around Hastings at the weekend.
    do normally ......
  • iaitch said:
    Headlines Charlton lose the Battle of Hastings, one in the eye for the league one 'giants'.
    one of life's rich tapestries ...
  • That's bayeux by.
  • Actually Bromley would be good.  One thing it would kill any concept that why actively try and play hoof ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There are 8 eighth tier (step four) teams left in the last round of qualifying...

Marine AFC
    Marske Utd
    Pontefract Collieries
    Stamford AFC
    Bedfont Sports
    AFC Sudbury
    Hastings Utd
    Chertsey Town
    Hastings would be an unreal draw. Zero idea how they would manage to make the ground suitable for the size of us coming down there.
    switched to The Valley, the A21 stuffed up as the population of East Sussex heads North to the smoke, cue an embarrassing home defeat.
    I know one of the Directors of Hastings Utd and have asked him what they would if they got through a drew us at Pilot Field - no answer as yet, but I would surprised if they did move the game to the Valley, as Pilot Field holds about 4,500 and they would surely be nailed on to be the live TV match - I mean Isthmian League vs Lge 1, it’s the romance of the cup and all that

Hastings have won 8 on the bounce by the way and are too good for the division they are in - get decent crowds as well for that level
  • Thought the FA had stopped teams switching fixtures?
  • iaitch said:
    Thought the FA had stopped teams switching fixtures?
    I don’t know, but I imagine Sussex Police would raise concerns about crowd segregation and crowd control not only in the ground but in Hastings itself before and after the match - I suppose moving the game to Brighton’s ground is an option
  • If it was Hastings away,cant see it happening no segregation etc.The grounds just up the road from me would love it though.
    Dont want all those Sarf London Herberts around Hastings at the weekend.
    do normally ......
    Many have even moved down that way to live, you know ,😉
  • iaitch said:
    I don’t know, but I imagine Sussex Police would raise concerns about crowd segregation and crowd control not only in the ground but in Hastings itself before and after the match - I suppose moving the game to Brighton’s ground is an option
    Have done some research - games can be moved if Police and Safety Officers say it’s not viable to use home team’s ground - but has to be a neutral venue - it’s not clear, but a Guardian newspaper article alludes that the neutral venue can’t be more than 20 miles away

So using the Valley in this scenario is out

But the only ground that Hastings could realistically use - as far as I can make out - is Brighton, which would be more than adequate, but if there is a 20 mile limit, then it’s also out as it’s 36 miles away
  • iaitch said:
    Have done some research - games can be moved if Police and Safety Officers say it’s not viable to use home team’s ground - but has to be a neutral venue - it’s not clear, but a Guardian newspaper article alludes that the neutral venue can’t be more than 20 miles away

But the only ground that Hastings could realistically use - as far as I can make out - is Brighton, which would be more than adequate, but if there is a 20 mile limit, then it’s also out as it’s 36 miles away
    Eastbourne Borough. 
  • iaitch said:

Eastbourne Borough. 
    Yes, and I have been there, but it’s smaller than Pilot Field (but more modern I will admit)
  • iaitch said:

Falmer is 32 ....
  • I hope we get a Hollywood draw and cafc travel abroad.

Wrexham away.
  • I hope we get a Hollywood draw and cafc travel abroad.

Wrexham away.
    Parky returns to haunt the Addicks after giving his new striker a debut ...

• Sponsored links:

• Is that Pawel Abbott?
  • reserve match, waste of time - won't be going whoever we draw until we're in the quarter finals when we might field a first team 
  • clive said:
    Looking out for who Rotherham and Burton draw to see if we can play them on second round day should one of them get knocked out. 

Also want Crewe out as we have them away on 3rd round day. 

Obviously resigned to our usual early exit. 
    Rotherham game already rescheduled, https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/615d6ae9f3d84/fixture-against-rotherham-rearranged-for-november-2nd
    Thanks Clive I hadn’t seen that. 
  • edited October 2021
    And so begins another lengthy boring cup run.
    A cup run...Mmmm thought a cup run was something that lasted longer than one or two games, now that would be different wouldn't it B)
  • DOUCHER said:
    reserve match, waste of time - won't be going whoever we draw until we're in the quarter finals when we might field a first team 
    With our large squad of fairly evenly matched players, we don't really have a reserve squad this season
  • if by any remote chance we make the 3rd round then I'll start to get a bit excited....

......until we draw Huddersfield away
  • if by any remote chance we make the 3rd round then I'll start to get a bit excited....

......until we draw Huddersfield away
    Operation John Smiths coming up ……
  • DOUCHER said:
    reserve match, waste of time - won't be going whoever we draw until we're in the quarter finals when we might field a first team 

Doucher ?
    If you know our best 11 can you let Nigel know. Cheers.
  • edited October 2021
    I really hope Horsham (7) beat Woking (5) this weekend to make it to the first round proper.