Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Pontefract Colleries for entirely selfish reasons but I suspect Halifax will be too strong. I would have said York City in previous seasons but now they’ve moved from Bootham Crescent to a soulless out of town stadium I can’t get excited about that. So any of Dartford, Ebbsfleet, Hastings or Bromley away would be tasty.
  • Can no longer get excited about a competition which we never seem to take seriously. 
    I reckon Nige will take it more seriously and put out sides to try and get through. Of course we will need to play better than we have been.  
  • Southampton reached the 4th round when Adkins took them up from League One

Third Round when he was Sheffield United

Round Two and Round Three when he was in League One with Scunthorpe
  • If it was Hastings away,cant see it happening no segregation etc.The grounds just up the road from me would love it though.
    Dont want all those Sarf London Herberts around Hastings at the weekend.
    Sounds like it would be a typical weekend in Hastings to me.
  • Can no longer get excited about a competition which we never seem to take seriously. 
    I reckon Nige will take it more seriously and put out sides to try and get through. Of course we will need to play better than we have been.  
    Could be, in that we have a large squad now.
    Expect Henderson, Soare, Elewere, Dobson, Clare, Morgan and DJ to feature!
    I myself will not be in attendance!

• Are there replays this year or is it extra time and penalties?
  • edited October 2021
    Dansk_Red said:
    Are there replays this year or is it extra time and penalties?
    Yeah replays are returning this season until the Fourth Round

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12356398/fa-cup-replays-to-return-for-2021-22-season-up-to-and-including-fourth-round
  • Enjoyed the FA cup last Season with Whyteleafe from step 4 who won 5 matches in the cup before losing out to Concord Rangers from National League South just  shy of the first round proper.

Cafc have enough players to give this a go and get all the way to the 3rd round. (medication for Sam !)

• We'll get Morecambe at home and draw then
  • Sponsored links:

• One of Eastleigh and Folkestone will go through which would be easy for Charlton fans too.

That said it's obvious we'll get Rotherham as we play them in the league 4 days before.
  • There are 8 eighth tier (step four) teams left in the last round of qualifying...

Marine AFC
    Marske Utd
    Pontefract Collieries
    Stamford AFC
    Bedfont Sports
    AFC Sudbury
    Hastings Utd
    Chertsey Town
    Hastings would be an unreal draw. Zero idea how they would manage to make the ground suitable for the size of us coming down there.
    Easily

4.4K ground size, be about 500 allocation id imagine if they even bothered to segregate, would be great for me this tie 
  • edited October 2021
    AFC Sudbury the lowest ranked team through to the 1st Round after coming from behind to beat Dartford

Marine and Maerske United join them in the draw from level eight after earning draws with Wrexham and Gateshead respectively.

Horsham (Dazzler gets his wish) | Banbury United | Harrow Borough | Bowers & Pitsea United are all through from level seven

Morpeth Town | Buxton | Stratford Town | Tamworth | Hayes & Yeading United | Yate Town | Corinthian Casuals | Folkestone Invicta have made the draw after earning replays in their respective games.

Quite impressive actually... Only nine teams from the Conference are currently through
  • like to see an actually competitive derby against Bromley. only played them in friendlies
  • dreading the draw 
  • Banana skin underplays the potential humiliation
  • The dream that was Hastings Utd away has died ….

Agree with @Elthamaddick - dreading this draw - I can see it now - AFC Sudbury at home, and they beat us
  • Just give the team that gets us a bye
  • Bromley and we will lose, home or away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    I hope we play another League One team, that way theres no more additional embarrassment when we lose to a team of plumbers.
  • Off_it said:
    I hope we play another League One team, that way theres no more additional embarrassment when we lose to a team of plumbers.
    Surely increases the chances of Adkins heading off into the sunset if that happens though?
  • Off_it said:
    Our cup hopes always quickly go down the plughole, so it would be appropriate
  • Any new ground will do. Do not want a home tie, whatever the oppo. Nothing like only opening 2 tiers to kill the cup spirit. 
  • Away to Sunderland or Pompey. Lose 2-0. 
  • like to see an actually competitive derby against Bromley. only played them in friendlies
    Bromley to field their second-string then?
  • King's Lynn away will suit me 
  • League 1 team at home. Probably one of the better teams so guessing Wycombe.
  • Croydon said:
    Any new ground will do. Do not want a home tie, whatever the oppo. Nothing like only opening 2 tiers to kill the cup spirit. 
    The thing is even when we get drawn away to a ground I've not done the spark goes out when its moved to a Sunday.
    Ie Mansfield.
  • You know you're not doing very well when the TV companies don't even mention you as one of the big sides!