Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Options
    Jints said:
    Leuth said:
    The right to protest in this country is being severely eroded and I'm very uncomfortable with those who are cheering on further erosions. That said, I still don't know why these protestors aren't, like, occupying housing construction companies instead. I do wonder whether they're not now courting an over-the-top police response. Strange tactic.
    Is it? What new laws have been passed to erode the right to protest? Not a rhetorical question, genuinely interested in anything that has passed me by.
    https://www.bigissue.com/news/activism/how-priti-patels-new-policing-bill-threatens-your-right-to-protest/
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    According to the news they arrived at 8.00am but were not removed until 10.00am - FFS what is going on with law and order in this country - they should have been dragged off into meat wagons by 8.10am and chucked in the clink

The Police were quick enough to arrest Charlton fans at Dartford station Tuesday night…..
    Probably cos:
    Protest = not illegal.
    Punch ups = illegal.
    But under the Coronavirus laws no person may participate in a gathering of more than 2 people - or has that law been dropped now ?
    You’re joking aren’t you? You haven’t noticed thousands and thousands of people inside football stadiums?
    Yeah yeah - OK - my mistake - I wasn’t thinking straight - as soon as I posted it I knew I had dropped the ball - we all have off days - 8 pints of Guinness last night hasn’t helped
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    According to the news they arrived at 8.00am but were not removed until 10.00am - FFS what is going on with law and order in this country - they should have been dragged off into meat wagons by 8.10am and chucked in the clink

The Police were quick enough to arrest Charlton fans at Dartford station Tuesday night…..
    Probably cos:
    Protest = not illegal.
    Punch ups = illegal.
    But under the Coronavirus laws no person may participate in a gathering of more than 2 people - or has that law been dropped now ?
    You’re joking aren’t you? You haven’t noticed thousands and thousands of people inside football stadiums?
    Yeah yeah - OK - my mistake - I wasn’t thinking straight - as soon as I posted it I knew I had dropped the ball - we all have off days - 8 pints of Guinness last night hasn’t helped
    You are a man who’s priorities are in place.
    Didnt know the rule of two was scrapped months ago but knows the pubs are open.  Give this guy a promote admin.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:

Probably cos:
    Protest = not illegal.
    Punch ups = illegal.
    Didnt know the rule of two was scrapped months ago but knows the pubs are open.  Give this guy a promote admin.
    Ok - enough now - I realise I made a fuck up
  • Options
    arny23394 said:

Probably cos:
    Protest = not illegal.
    Punch ups = illegal.
    Ok - enough now - I realise I made a fuck up
    All jokes from me 👍🏻  I know you knew the rule was scrapped.  
  • Options
    For reference, from https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/terrorism:

Terrorism

Terrorism is the use or threat of action, both in and outside of the UK, designed to influence any international government organisation or to intimidate the public.  It must also be for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.

Examples include:

• serious violence against a person or damage to property,
    • endangering a person's life (other than that of the person committing the action),
    • creating a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public,
    • action designed to seriously interfere with or seriously to disrupt an electronic system.
  • Options
    Damage to property is terrorism? How can this government not give you the creeps?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Damage to property is terrorism? How can this government not give you the creeps?
    It depends on the context and will probably be a worldwide definition, not solely down to the current UK Government.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Leuth said:
    The right to protest in this country is being severely eroded and I'm very uncomfortable with those who are cheering on further erosions. That said, I still don't know why these protestors aren't, like, occupying housing construction companies instead. I do wonder whether they're not now courting an over-the-top police response. Strange tactic.
    Is it? What new laws have been passed to erode the right to protest? Not a rhetorical question, genuinely interested in anything that has passed me by.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-presses-ahead-authoritarian-24466132
    Thaks, I'd forgotten about that. It's not law yet but unfortunaely these protests will provide Patel with more than enough public and political support to get it through Parliament.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For reference, from https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/terrorism:

Terrorism

Terrorism is the use or threat of action, both in and outside of the UK, designed to influence any international government organisation or to intimidate the public.  It must also be for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.

Examples include:

• serious violence against a person or damage to property,
    • endangering a person's life (other than that of the person committing the action),
    • creating a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public,
    • action designed to seriously interfere with or seriously to disrupt an electronic system.
    Are you implying that the M25 protestors are terrorists? 
  • Options
    Clearly the Government High Court injunction to prevent the M25 being blocked was poorly thought out - these twats have simply moved to another area - perhaps someone in Government should use a bit of grey matter and get an injunction that deals with any sort of protest anywhere - AA Roadwatch shows total carnage on the roads around Dover
    I made an attempted joke at the time saying that I hope the government didn’t use farnell and elliotts legal team. Looks like they did! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If someone blew up a building in the name of their cause i would say that counted as terrorism.
  • Options
    It's incredibly hard to blow up a building without harming anyone or risking their safety though
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It's incredibly hard to blow up a building without harming anyone or risking their safety though
    Unless it was empty 
  • Options
    Back on the m25 by Heathrow airport.
  • Options

Oh FFS. These wankers are really getting on my tits.
  • Options

Oh FFS. These wankers are really getting on my tits.
    I think I'll just wank away from this one.

• Options
    Do they genuinely think this is helping their 'cause'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do they genuinely think this is helping their 'cause'?
    I should think those motorists, already pissed off with having to queue for God knows how long to get some fuel are def in no doubt to their answer to that one..their "cause" has long since disappeared over the horizon, this thread title needs updating, far too peachy clean for this bunch of arseholes.. :s
  • Options
    An injunction was passed prohibiting M25 action with threat of imprisonment,lets see how much guts the authorities have now.
  • Options
    Give the vicar double bubble as he should know better 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Give the vicar double bubble as he should know better 
    I was going to advise caution given who his lawyers might be.

But then remembered that there are going to be no lawyers upstairs are there!!
  • Options

Insulate Britain protesters have glued themselves to the road and are blocking a roundabout on a junction of the M25.

Kent Police was called to junction 3, the Swanley Interchange, at 07:30 BST and the road has been closed.

Congestion is building anti-clockwise towards the Dartford crossing and has backed-up along the London-bound stretch of the A2 from Gravesend.

Motorists are advised to expect delays and find alternative routes while officers work to remove the protesters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-58732308

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Its back open now, protesters have been arrested

• Options
    Blackwell Tunnel this morning?
  • Options
    Blackwell Tunnel this morning?
    That will cause absolute carnage if they don't get moved sharpish 
  • Options
    it's bad enough there anyway !!!!
This discussion has been closed.