Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deji Elerewe - won League One Apprentice of the year at EFL 2022 Awards (p11)

Comments

• shine166 said:
    Grass is green, water is wet, chartlon lose another kid thats barely ever featured for the club.
    Good try, what about this -

Grass is green
    Water is wet
    Charlton lose Deji
    On that you can bet

Grass is green
    Water is wet
    Supporting Charlton
    Is why I do Ket.
    I’d like this but myyyy arrmmmms and fingerless nottt workking
  • As a Cat.2 club we can only sign players that are a maximum of an hour and a half from us.

As a Cat.1 club we'd be able to sign players from wherever we want in the country
    Although if I remember the CAST Q&A, it sounded like we weren't that bothered about being able to sign from further afield. The suggestion seemed to be that we had a wealth of talent on our doorstep so we didn't need to, but I should imagine that the player welfare challenges it brings may also be a consideration.
  • edited November 2021
    Hes back on the Xmas card list then :). Great news that, at least we get a couple seasons out of him now and a half decent fee in a year or 2.
  • @AFKABartram - Can we close this thread and use the one that spells his name correctly?
  • He can play on Saturday now then I presume ;)
    I presume he could have played on Tuesday as he was named among the subs.
  • Pedro45 said:
    @AFKABartram - Can we close this thread and use the one that spells his name correctly?
    Apparently we will close that one instead.  Good job too because we have nearly run out of things to moan about...... 

Great news this :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Outstanding news.
  • edited November 2021
    Absolutely bloody flippin' fantastico news

Well done everyone at the club and well done Deji
  • It's to 2024.
  • Brilliant news! Looking forward to seeing Deji establish himself in the team now. Backing him to make it happen sooner rather than later.
  • Good news.  Has impressed in pre-season and in the small amount of game time he has had since . Like the way he tries to play the ball to a red shirt rather than just boot it anywhere.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Unexpected but very pleased. Plenty of opportunities to play this season and hope he continues to improve and get better.
  • Really surprised, after so many of our talents like Aribo, Gomez etc leaving at the first opportunity, under Roland’s ownership Deji leaves on a free. At least we’ve protected ourselves now for if and when a team like West Ham etc comes in for him that we get a fee that we deserve.
  • Really surprised, after so many of our talents like Aribo, Gomez etc leaving at the first opportunity, under Roland’s ownership Deji leaves on a free. At least we’ve protected ourselves now for if and when a team like West Ham etc comes in for him that we get a fee that we deserve.
    Aribo was a relative unknown before we signed him

Gomez didn't leave at the first opportunity, he signed a pro contract but with an exit clause?
  • edited November 2021
    Excellent news. Nailed on to start on Saturday now, I would expect. Big opportunity for him as right centre back in a 3 with an old head like Pearcy alongside him could be an excellent proving ground for him.

Gomez didn't leave at the first opportunity, he signed a pro contract but with an exit clause?
    But we have to rewrite history to paint RD as the villain in everything, remember?

I expect this means we'll see him, Pearce and Gunter all rotate in and out of the starting XI now, to keep them all fresh and hopefully minimising injury risk

Didn't wait too long though. Made his debut in the August, signed a deal in the October and left after around 20 first team appearances. Aribo made 4 times that so at least we got more out of him on the pitch. 

End of the day, players will always go to bigger clubs and anyone moaning otherwise is an idiot. What we have to make sure is our talented youngsters are tied down to deals so we get a fair price for them. Losing Aribo for pennies hurts, as does Gomez really when everybody knew the potential. Deji is no Gomez and if he's got say a 3-4mil release clause in the contract at least we're getting our money back plus interest on our investment. 
  • FANTASTIC !!!!!