Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell | Charlton, club culture and promotion

Apologies if this has already been posted, but just stumbled upon it, so thought I'd share.................

Comments

• I would love go see him back one day. He would be a great ambassador for our club. 
  • Has Chris left the England coaching set up?

Didn’t see him on the bench for the last England match, could just be the pictures shown.

Didn’t see him on the bench for the last England match, could just be the pictures shown.
    I saw him at the end of the game when the cameras panned onto Southgate

He was there - saw him during the anthems
  • I’d like to see him stay on with England as long as he can. Something in our set up is clearly working. Even tho he was working under a wanker and has ‘unfinished business’ with Charlton, football is a funny old game and I wouldn’t want an unsuccessful second spell to ruin his reputation with us. 
  • edited September 2021
    They say a picture tells a thousand words, well that video tells so much about what was and what could have been with correct funding and personal backing by Duchats and Co,..he, the club and the fans were let down big time by that mob, thinking about it just makes me so angry,.. Chris is a Gent and was a great manager for the club, and good to see him doing well in the England set up.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Has Chris left the England coaching set up?

I saw him at the end of the game when the cameras panned onto Southgate
    Excellent, thank you!
  • Said it before, but I would love for him to come back in some capacity when the time is right for him.

SCP is pure class.  What a man.
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s got much unfinished business with us, I hope it happens some day.
  • I truly believe that there is so much in the club fit for a managerial appointment to work out; not every (or even not many) good manager(s) will do a good job at any club and a manager who does a bad job at one club may be great at another where the fit is righr.

Powell truly fitted with us in all respects; I don’t think he had great circumstances at Hudds and probably wasn’t a natural fit there, and whilst on paper he fitted well for Southend, they are an ownership catastrophe which is plain for all to see. I still think he’s a great manager and so, so angry about the opportunity we were denied with him as I really think he could have replicated to an extent what Curbs did with us. 

I doubt he’ll ever come back , unless I win the euromillions a couple of times in which case sandgaard will be out the door and powell will be back at the helm. But I’ll always love him!!