Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    Some positive news at last. Welcome Sam. 
  • Options
    great news - a Shrimper at the Valley, during our time in Lancashire the Shrimps were our local team and when not watching Charlton away we would pop down to watch the Shrimps
    Welcome Sam
  • Options
    Is he right or left footed/sided?
  • Options
    The icing on the cake of a good transfer window. A few weeks ago I wrote that I was keeping my powder dry in regards to new signings but was ready to let NA and TS have both barrels (verbally) if they did not materialise. Well, they are both safe now lol.
     Arter, Leko and Lavelle give us a strong squad and I'm banking on the play-offs at least. The Gillingham postponement has worked in our favour as it gives NA time to work with his squad and get the new faces gelling.
     Can't wait to see the team we put out against Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Is he right or left footed/sided?
    Right footed I believe. He and Inniss are competing for one spot with Famewo/Pearce the left side options.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Cafc family Sam,like a few others don’t know anything about him,but reading what the Morecambe's are saying & a lot of lifers too,seems like another great addition to the 1st team squad,so happy days…
  • Options
    Well one things a given, we will see a 100pc focused Innis knowing that his replacement is a Club captain on the rise than a 17yo starlet who needs protecting to some extent. A fully pumped up Innis is an excellent tool if stays fit. Effectively Innis is our Joel Matip in terms of impact to team alongside injury record. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021

I still don't know why Arter and Lee and Kirk and Lavelle couldn't have been brought in 2 months ago and we could be a really well drilled and gelled outfit before the season began..

Anyway I think we are going to turn a corner. Onwards and upwards. 
    2 months ago their own clubs were still in the middle of doing their own business and hadn't fully decided who was staying/going/being replaced.

I agree it's not ideal but it's the reality of transfer windows. Gallen has been saying all summer that things would go down to the wire.

I do agree that hopefully now we've finally done the business we'll see an improvement on the pitch.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Shows a bit of savvy/gamesmanship in the market by Gallen & Co as well IMO. Wigan gazump us for one option by throwing money at it so we sign another of comparable quality but for a third of the cost. 

That of course is unknown, especially as I suspect that nobody here knew anything about either Lavelle or Kerr before today!
    Okay that's a fair comment. But based on the various comments about both they seem to be fairly similar in age/experience and even their style of play at least.

I guess we'll see whose done the better business soon enough.
    It's possible both clubs can be right!

For example Danny Ings is a better value purchase than Romelu Lukaku. However Lukaku is a better player than Ings, and as Chelsea have the money, for them it's a better purchase, even if it means paying 3 times as much for a player say 30% better.
  • Options
    Hard to get excited about getting players in on a League 2 performance basis !!
  • Options
    Welcome to the madhouse Sam ❤️
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Overall quite happy and I feel we are now placed to make a push for at least the play offs - if some of the ‘flair’ players can really click, maybe better.

The signings of Lavelle, Kirk, Famewo, Stockley, MacGillivray and Lee all look very good ones. Clare, Dobson and CBT add depth to the squad to give us a wealth of options in midfield.

Arter and Leko are risks but, if they can get over their issues at previous clubs, then they could prove much better than L1 level.

Two concerns - obviously the left back absence - bemusing, do they have an out of contract player in mind? Secondly, it seems that Davison is back up ‘target man’ to Stockley which seems a risk - we have a few players now who can play just behind the target man but only Davison as back up in this key position? not convinced.
    When Taylor was our key striker he was nothing like Stockley. He could hold the ball up, of course, but it was his guile that made him so effective. He was hard to defend against, because half the time he’d drift out wide, and look almost disinterested. Then he’d suddenly get involved. 
    I’m not getting too hung up on getting someone similar as back up. Washington/Leko with CBT, Ronnie and Davidson as back up isn’t too bad for L1, especially with our new improved midfield which look more like offering a goal threat. 
    PS Lavelle looks like a very good signing. Looking forward to watching him play. 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Very happy with this news.
    Shows the good steady intentions of the club. 
    Feels like patience and thought has gone into this window.
    Weaknesses identified, scouting working and deals sensibly executed. 
    Solid foundations to build on.
    Reassuring. 
    Well done to everyone involved. 
    Just 3 months late
  • Options
    Seems like a good honest player. Hope he does well for us, but might have to wait for his opportunity.
    Till the 11th September.
    Yes, if he were to pair up with Inniss, we could name them that day as The Twin Towers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    MrWalker said:
    Reassuring. 
    Just 3 months late
    I'm not sure you appreciate the madness of the transfer windows.
    Which players were available 3 months ago?
    And for how much?

All the more reason to get rid of the transfer window, especially below the Premier League.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    MrWalker said:
    Reassuring. 
    Just 3 months late
    I'm not sure you appreciate the madness of the transfer windows.
    Which players were available 3 months ago?
    And for how much?
    This. 
    It’s easy for us a fans to complain, but none of us really have a clue what it’s like at the sharp end of getting these deals done. I suspect it’s far more complex than we think. I’m sure the recruitment team would love to have had the deals stitched up way before now, but perhaps that isn’t the real world. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Great signing to wake up to.  I make that about just over a million TS has spent on fees.  Again, I understand he’s going to make mistakes, but hopefully people can cut him a bit of slack given what he’s put in financially so far.  Will it be enough, who knows, but I think we have the makings of decent(ish) team that can have a go at the play offs, and you never know, maybe the top 2 
    This and it’s exactly the way I would like us to be run. Looking and willing to pay for good young players who have potential to grow with us or make a profit on to build on all within a sensible wage structure. 

The above also sits with building the club behind the scenes making improvements on all aspects like medical, training and the academy. 

If the above strategy takes us a bit longer to get promoted then so be it. It will give us a better long term chance and much better than a shit or bust strategy that it feels like Wigan and Ipswich are going for. 
    Far better to take a bit longer to get a promotion that doesn't last for one season.  If TS is serious about getting us back to the Prem AND keeping us there, a long game strategy is the only way to make the jump from Championship to Premiership; we can't afford to not have Prem-ready players within the squad in the Championship.  That takes a savvy eye for a long-term investment on the field and decent facilities off the field.  
  • Options
    Really pleased to see us bring in a highly thought of already solid defender, BUT, and there is a but, I hope that Deji also gets game time this season and does not see his 1st team chances totally evaporate now that Sam has joined us. I hope both get a chance to develop and deliver for us alongside Innis and Famewo with Pearcy lending his invaluable experience to the lot of them.
  • Options
    Really pleased to see us bring in a highly thought of already solid defender, BUT, and there is a but, I hope that Deji also gets game time this season and does not see his 1st team chances totally evaporate now that Sam has joined us. I hope both get a chance to develop and deliver for us alongside Innis and Famewo with Pearcy lending his invaluable experience to the lot of them.
    think Deji could do with a whole season of first team football out on loan.
  • Options
    There's hardly any information about him online!