Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• thenewbie said:
    Shows a bit of savvy/gamesmanship in the market by Gallen & Co as well IMO. Wigan gazump us for one option by throwing money at it so we sign another of comparable quality but for a third of the cost. 

That of course is unknown, especially as I suspect that nobody here knew anything about either Lavelle or Kerr before today!
  • Reading that it’s obvious we have brought him in as cover for Stockley.
  • Seems like a good honest player. Hope he does well for us, but might have to wait for his opportunity.
    Till the 11th September.
  • Seems like a good honest player. Hope he does well for us, but might have to wait for his opportunity.
    Till the 11th September.
    Or maybe 60 minutes in
  • edited September 2021

thenewbie said:
    I can't profess to know much about him but comments from Morecambe fans seem positive, he's a big unit too and presumably won't break down on the regular like Inniss. 

3 year deal doesn't suggest he's just in as cover either, looks like he's intended to play a part to me.
    Maybe we're going to play a back 3 ?
  • My mate who supports Morecambe says Lavelle is………..I can’t even finish posting this lie because let’s face it nobody has a mate who supports Morecambe.  No idea if he will be any good but the buzz of thinking someone might be is good enough for tonight.
    Actually I do  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    Liking the sound of this one. Not heard of the boy before but ticks all the boxes. Welcome aboard Sam. Now can you play left back?
  • Another purchase, good age and pedigree. Really happy with the business done.
  • Very happy to see a CB come in and on a perm!

Sounds like there's a player here with Lavelle, Inniss has been great but the fitness record...yeah, not having a league one quality replacement for him last season really showed.
  • edited September 2021

• felix_31 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Seems a decent signing. Good back up for Innis and very much a ‘grow with the club/best of the league’ type player. Three year deal too. Wonder if he was the plan B to Kerr? 
    Not sure he's been signed as back-up tbh 
    Left field but what if Akin might move to LB.  would be better than Gunter 
  • Like what I hear about him....welcome Sam
  • thenewbie said:
    Shows a bit of savvy/gamesmanship in the market by Gallen & Co as well IMO. Wigan gazump us for one option by throwing money at it so we sign another of comparable quality but for a third of the cost. 

That of course is unknown, especially as I suspect that nobody here knew anything about either Lavelle or Kerr before today!
    Okay that's a fair comment. But based on the various comments about both they seem to be fairly similar in age/experience and even their style of play at least.

I guess we'll see whose done the better business soon enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Overall quite happy and I feel we are now placed to make a push for at least the play offs - if some of the ‘flair’ players can really click, maybe better.

The signings of Lavelle, Kirk, Famewo, Stockley, MacGillivray and Lee all look very good ones. Clare, Dobson and CBT add depth to the squad to give us a wealth of options in midfield.

Arter and Leko are risks but, if they can get over their issues at previous clubs, then they could prove much better than L1 level.

Two concerns - obviously the left back absence - bemusing, do they have an out of contract player in mind? Secondly, it seems that Davison is back up ‘target man’ to Stockley which seems a risk - we have a few players now who can play just behind the target man but only Davison as back up in this key position? not convinced.
  • Overall quite happy and I feel we are now placed to make a push for at least the play offs - if some of the ‘flair’ players can really click, maybe better.

The signings of Lavelle, Kirk, Famewo, Stockley, MacGillivray and Lee all look very good ones. Clare, Dobson and CBT add depth to the squad to give us a wealth of options in midfield.

Arter and Leko are risks but, if they can get over their issues at previous clubs, then they could prove much better than L1 level.

Two concerns - obviously the left back absence - bemusing, do they have an out of contract player in mind? Secondly, it seems that Davison is back up ‘target man’ to Stockley which seems a risk - we have a few players now who can play just behind the target man but only Davison as back up in this key position? not convinced.
    Overall quite happy and I feel we are now placed to make a push for at least the play offs - if some of the ‘flair’ players can really click, maybe better.

Relax all will be fine,Gunter showed how good he can be at LB on saturday,and Davison in my opinion will improve the more game time he gets,last night (yes I know it was the piss pot cup) he was nigh on unplayable at times,scored2 (poss 3 ) fine goals.i would think that with the players we have now signed,thats the budget well and truly done.
  • I dont know much about him, but going on their fans reminds me a bit of lockyer. Should be a good signing, although oddly enough i saw a highlight reel on there page yesterday and for a defender it was just full of goals and no actual defending lol
  • Weeeee’ve got Lavelle....super Sam Lavelle...
    I just don’t think you understand...