Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Arter signs on loan from Forest (and now returned in Jan p6)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    That highlights video looks good, cant even remember the last player we had who wasn't afraid to have a shot from 25 yards. 
    Marcus Maddison.
    Ah yes, how could i forget his long and illustrious Charlton career
  • edited September 2021
    Jessie said:
    It seems to me that Phil Parkinson and Chris Hughton didn't like him. Plus the "if managed properly" comment from the Bournemouth fan I read somewhere on here, I get the impression that Arter is someone that needs to be treated carefully if you know what I mean😆 Of course I hope I'm wrong though and fingers crossed he'll be a great signing for us. At least it's good to know that it was himself that initially showed interest in coming back. 
     For £38,000 a week or whatever he should be prepared to do what ever he is detailed to do for the team. Quite ridiculous for that amount of money to have personal issues about his duties etc. or his training schedule .  However both he and Francis flourished at Bournemouth . Players have a right to proper management but those who need a constant arm round them should see their mother before joining the big boys games. He is 31 for God's sake . I know this will upset some but I remember the stick Maddison got when he did need help, or Williams apparently bullied by Bowyer. 
    Hopefully Charlton will be a good fit .Adkins is a manager who bothers about his players so that will be ueful.
    There he is! ffs mate you make up some rubbish

PS. dont mean to attack, but generally i saw a couple of reasonable points raised then back to this complete nonsense
  • Arter not even on the bench for Ireland today.
  • Ferryman said:
    Arter not even on the bench for Ireland today.
    That’s confirmed he must be worse than useless then.
  • Ferryman said:
    Must be injured then because in friendlies I assumed all the non starting squad members are on the bench?
  • Ferryman said:
    Must be injured then because in friendlies I assumed all the non starting squad members are on the bench?
    Its not a friendly... World Cup Qualifier against Azerbaijan
  • Ferryman said:
    He's probably in the commentary box talking all things CAFC with Matt Holland. 
  • edited September 2021
    Ferryman said:
    Its not a friendly... World Cup Qualifier against Azerbaijan
    Sorry - meant WCQ…. only England squad member not on the bench was Sancho (injured) wasn’t it?
  • He did fall out with Roy Keane.
  • Probably a niggle then if not on bench?
  • Sponsored links:

• ColinTat said:
    He did fall out with Roy Keane.
    It's very difficult not to fall out with Roy Keane.
    I was very surprised that he became a manager and has been one for how long? Quite many years now? What a miracle.
  • Jessie said:
    ColinTat said:
    I was very surprised that he became a manager and has been one for how long? Quite many years now? What a miracle.
    Has been an Assistant a few times since but hasnt actually been a Manager since 2011 now
  • ColinTat said:

Better to stay in his good books.
  • Don't have access but there's an article on Arter's time at Forsest and loan to us on The Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/2818107/2021/09/13/harry-arter-charlton-nottingham-forest-football
  • It’s a good read. More about his time at Forest than anything else. Hughton wanted to play him as a ten rather than a DM. Arter suggested other players were better suited, Hughton doesn’t like Arter’s playing style.

Arter mentions he can be recalled in January. 
  • edited September 2021
    It’s a good read. More about his time at Forest than anything else. Hughton wanted to play him as a ten rather than a DM. Arter suggested other players were better suited, Hughton doesn’t like Arter’s playing style.

Harry Arter does well for Cafc, he cajoles his team mates into improved performances, the crowd seeing better results and effort get behind the team and by December we are 8th and within striking distance of the play offs. Harry is the fans favourite, and we all have a lovely Xmas as we have our Charlton back.  :)

Forest have a new manager, he realizes he has players, who just wanted  good contracts and one player don't even like football. Forest are still in bottom 6 and struggling, Harry Arter is recalled in January.  :/
  • It’s a good read. More about his time at Forest than anything else. Hughton wanted to play him as a ten rather than a DM. Arter suggested other players were better suited, Hughton doesn’t like Arter’s playing style.

Harry Arter does well for Cafc, he cajoles his team mates into improved performances, the crowd seeing better results and effort get behind the team and by December we are 8th and within striking distance of the play offs. Harry is the fans favourite, and we all have a lovely Xmas as we have our Charlton back.  :)

Forest have a new manager, he realizes he has players, who just wanted  good contracts and one player don't even like football. Forest are still in bottom 6 and struggling, Harry Arter is recalled in January.  :/
    Are you suggesting he'll do a similar thing like his brother-in-law did to us😂😂😂

All players on season long loans can be recalled in January, I believe.

• Oggy Red said:
    It’s a good read. More about his time at Forest than anything else. Hughton wanted to play him as a ten rather than a DM. Arter suggested other players were better suited, Hughton doesn’t like Arter’s playing style.

All players on season long loans can be recalled in January, I believe.

Only if that clause is included, which it usually is if the lending team are subsidising a large chunk of the wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    Jessie, Scott Parker "throwing his toys out the pram" when we were 4th in the Premier League and forcing a transfer to Chelsea was the Catalyst for our steady decline.

We finished 7th but most of us knew we would never be in the same position again.

Harry Arter needs to be loved as a footballer but in his career, the wheels can come off and he doesn't see eye to eye with his various managers. Was very good at Bournemouth until he lost his place to Ryan Fraser and later David Brook joined as well and Harry went down the pecking order.

Harry Arter has unfinished business at Cafc, and for his and our sakes we hope he stays for the whole season and we are Galvanized to make a challenge near the top as 20th in League1 is no place for a team with the ambitions of Thomas Sandgaard to be hanging out.
  • Walk around, keep a vague shape, don't do anything with the ball except a five-yard pass, you're a Premier League star, you're an international footballer, you're one of Charlton's own, they'll never notice 
  • I will give him some games to settle and get fit but an inglorious start.  

Watson on the other hand has been stealing a living at this club for over a year and still gets selected.
  • Completely anonymous, clearly doesn't want to be here. Put in zero effort in the first 45 minutes. His head looks elsewhere tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if we cut the loan short at this rate. 
  • Completely anonymous, clearly doesn't want to be here. Put in zero effort in the first 45 minutes. His head looks elsewhere tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if we cut the loan short at this rate. 
    No idea what he brought to the game today.
  • Torn on this.

Either very very unfit, or he’s finished.
  • I will give him some games to settle and get fit but an inglorious start.  

Watson on the other hand has been stealing a living at this club for over a year and still gets selected.
    Although Watson put in a very decent diagonal ball to find CBT to run & cross for our equaliser.

An assist the assist. :wink:

• Don't think he sees himself as a League One player and doesn't want to waste his energy. 

Either that or he's completely shot.