Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter signs on loan from Forest (and now returned in Jan p6)

Comments

• Options
    He was great at Bournemouth. 

Let's hope he is still good enough and brings something to the table. It will require good management.
  • Options
    good news - never in doubt 
  • Options
    Potentially a great signing but if legs and/or hunger have gone could be a big waste of money.

Messages a Forest fan I know, he said:

He is pretty bang average

Was on MASSIVE wages

Did not seem all that bothered. I was gutted as he seemed like an AMAZING signing
  • Options
    Should be a very good signing. 
  • Options
    Wow.never saw this one coming 
  • Options
    Slightly sceptical because of the version of Ben Watson we got. But good luck to Harry. 
  • Options
    This is all fine but what is his shirt number for me spreadsheet
    I like a man who really knows his priorities  :):D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he will be decent in league 1. Not sure if he can play tonight but if he can I hope we dont throw him into such a massive game against the mighty Crawley.
  • Options
    Went to my primary school st Mary's was year above me. 
  • Options
    potentially a great signing, lots of quality and experience. Although agree we will need to check he isn't going to be another has been/ injured, doesn't seem the type to have a bad attitude either. 

Although one of the replies i saw on there James D if you are on here, WTF?!! lol  
  • Options
    Hasslebank was a good signing on paper but we got him a season too late.

Prately was an aging player supposedly on his way down but we got a few great seasons and bags of leadership out of him.

Hope Harry is more Darren than Jimmy

If 'Arry is more Jimmy than Darren we won't have a pair of shorts big enough for him.
  • Options
    Wish they'd stop forgetting the H in his name ffs
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    This is all fine but what is his shirt number for me spreadsheet
    Plumping for 18. He’s usually worn that or 8.
  • Options
    Hope he doesn't leave for Chelsea when we're challenging for a top 6 spot
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Went to my primary school st Mary's was year above me. 
    Was he any good at LB?
  • Options
    Hope he still has that fire in his belly.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Harry is that you? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great signing. Should make some effort as his original club. Our midfield could be serious if watson and arter get to, and keep, their fitness. Could unlock morgan and lees creativity.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Harry Harter?
  • Options
    Just read this article and sooo wished I hadn't.  :s 

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/08/29/report-nottingham-forest-flop-harry-arter-set-for-city-ground-exit/

Arter has fallen behind Ryan Yates, Jack Colback, Cafu, James Garner and even youngster Tyrese Fornah in the pecking order. With that in mind, letting him head out on loan makes perfect sense.

The only negative to this deal is that it’s not a permanent deal. Forest will, however, be able to offload a percentage of his wages to Charlton once the deal goes through.

He will go down as one of the biggest flops in Forest history and it’s a massive disappointment that he’s not been able to showcase his talents to the club.

Nigel Adkins must be aware of what he is getting himself in for. Arter has looked way past his best whenever he’s pulled on a Forest shirt and offloading him makes perfect sense.

• Options
    English Heart...Irish Blood.....like myself...... welcome back Harry....
  • Options
    type of player we need.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    type of player we need.
    Agreed...combative midfielder with an eye for a pass
  • Options
    Massive gamble, quite exciting but a real gamble on a a player who hasn’t played much
  • Options
    Very pleased with this, not concerned about being 31 you don't get called up to the Ireland squad if your legs have gone.

Have you seen Ireland play lately?
  • Options
    Hasslebank was a good signing on paper but we got him a season too late.

Prately was an aging player supposedly on his way down but we got a few great seasons and bags of leadership out of him.

Hope Harry is more Darren than Jimmy

Yes these are my hopes / concerns also.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Comes to down to:  has he still got a pair?  And I don't mean boots.

Or are we somewhere to while away a year on am astronomical wage before retirement?

I don't think he will get much time to establish himself if he doesn't show up.