Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    I've watched this window from afar up until now, I know a lot of people are unhappy with our business however I'm prepared to wait unti the window shuts to judge either way as there's still time left to improve what we've got, and it's probably a bit to early to judge anyone we've brought in just yet.

However I must say I'm a little perplexed at this deal, not necessarily the signing of the player himself as I've never seen him so he could be a star for all I know. But a short term deal doesn't really inspire confidence that we think he's all that otherwise surely we'd be committing to something of at least a year. 

On the flip side if he ends up starting really well then surely we'll just end up competing with other clubs for his signature in January. January is always a tough window so if there's a player on a free that's had a good half-season then there'll be loads of teams competing for his signature and we'll end up either losing him to another club for nothing or paying over the odds to sign him up again to a longer term deal.

I get the point about it potentially being used as a motivator however I think if these kinds of deals worked then they'd be used far more frequently, I can't think of many players or clubs who have signed on a short term deal such as this at the start of a season and I suspect that's probably for a good reason. It almost feels like we are trying to be clever and reinvent the wheel whereas surely a one year deal would have suited everyone and allowed everyone to assess the state of play at the end of the season.

However good luck to him and fingers crossed it ends up being a good signing.
    It makes more sense when considering the squad limit we have to operate under this season. This way, if he doesn't work out or the opportunity arises to sign better in January, we can easily move him on to free up a squad place.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    What it shows is we don't know if he can perform at this level.....not the player we should be signing....should be going after proven L1 or Champ players who can exceed at this level....
    We “should be signing” both types of player. There is room in the squad for (relatively) expensive signings with a track record and cheaper gambles. Blackett-Taylor falls into the latter category, let’s hope there’s more of the former arriving too. 
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't just wanked into a sock screaming CBT!!!! So must mean I'm "writing him off" and "not getting behind him". Nothing to scream in excitement over nor is it something to cry over, squad player who could be a surprise but that may be a big ask.

I'll gamble and say he'll be here until the end of the season, we've got our first choice wide players, mind games, give him 6 months and hopes he bothers to put the effort in as it's back at a "big club" then repeat for remainder of the season. Short term employment contract, you'd like to think he'll be desperate to impress. 

• Options
    CBT!!!!!!! Fucking ajsjenbdjanc   ahhshejjd arrtaghhb yessssssssssssss!
  • Options
    Hopefully this signing doesn't turn out to be a Disasterpiece 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    When my son just said we had signed a player on a short term contract,I just assumed it was the emergency left back we need as Gunter and Roddy are our only choices at the moment and neither are adequate. Gunter RB and Roddy should be in U23 to show his mettle.

Ok disappointed no sign of a Left attacking full back, but good luck to CBT, but not sure how a third choice winger gets a game ahead of DJ and Kirk unless Kirk is going to play as a 10 ?
    He will be cheap as chips for 4 months and  what have we got to lose.
  • Options
    It’s like a lot of new players who come in. We should welcome them and hope they do well. Like everything it’s what they do on the pitch that matters so no real comment from me until after the first game he plays in. Any addition be it from a Premier League team or league two is a positive thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems fast and direct and young.  Three good qualities for a club where we are.  If he does well great, if not it is 4 months.

Guarantee those on here saying how cack he is will be the same as those who moan we did not give him a long contract if he comes good and then leaves in Jan.

With Adkins positivity and Jackos charisma I would back them to get the best from him.

Happy with this,.happy with Gallens comments.
  • Options
    Asked my Villa mate if he saw his one game for Villa?

That same mate knows Lee Hendrie, so I've asked him to have a word with him and get his feedback on him.
  • Options
    Seems he signed in time for tomorrow as well
    NA said his fitness isnt there yet so I'd be surprised to see him on the bench......considering he has had less time than Schwartz, and then club have already said he isn't ready yet. 
  • Options
    When my son just said we had signed a player on a short term contract,I just assumed it was the emergency left back we need as Gunter and Roddy are our only choices at the moment and neither are adequate. Gunter RB and Roddy should be in U23 to show his mettle.

Ok disappointed no sign off a Left attacking full back, but good luck to CBT, but not sure how a third choice winger gets a game ahead of DJ and Kirk unless Kirk is going to play as a 10 ?
    He doesn’t, that’s why he is third choice 😉
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Clayden has not impressed so far (I know he’s had very few minutes - that in itself says he’s not ready). Washington is injured. Schwartz is unfit and quite possibly not good enough either. 

All reasons we’ve pushed through this short term deal. IMO. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Feel better after reading Gallens comments, hopefully we get a player with a point to prove! 
    I felt more depressed on reading Gallen.
    If we were really lucky to get him why did he have to pay his own fare to get here ?

Why if we are so mega lucky to get him was he only offered a six month deal ?
    It's just more piffle & waffle. Telling you what they think you want to hear. 

How about...."Gomes told us to f**k off when we put the same deal to him but this lad didn't like Merseyside & was desperate to get away from scousers".

or

" we have diddly squat in the budget and we are hoping that Pope/Gomez/Bonne move in January so we can sign some better players"
  • Options
    He'll come on and score a 2nd half winner tomorrow.
    Joe Anyinsah all over again.
  • Options

Ok disappointed no sign of a Left attacking full back, but good luck to CBT, but not sure how a third choice winger gets a game ahead of DJ and Kirk unless Kirk is going to play as a 10 ?
    Didnt you hear.....CBT will be playing left back tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well everyone has been complaining about the lack of attacking intent at LB. If we score 10 won’t matter the lad can’t tackle will it?
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Suspensions, injuries, loss of form, covid, cup games, personal reasons or just trying to change a game with a substitution.

Many reasons for a squad player to get a game, Gunter starting every game so far at LB is a prime example. I’ve only ever seen DJ have one decent game for us, and Kirk is new & recently lost his father, so I’m sure he’ll have  plenty of opportunities to prove whether he can hack it or not.
  • Options
    Never heard of the fella until a few days ago. Never seen him play so I'm gonna reserve judgement until l’ve seen him in the red shirt. For gawd sake folks, give him a chance … welcome Corey. I know I nicknamed him the new Andre Green but that was very firmly tongue in cheek. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m liking the Tranmere fans on Twitter: 

Those comments encourage you? Sounds like an absolute nightmare! 

This is fine as a squad option, provided there are more senior/established signings to come. If this is it for the window, or anywhere close to it, then we’re in trouble. 
    If he had the perfect attitude he probably would have signed for Ipswich by now. But some of the attitude issues were more to do with his manager apparently. 
    All I know is I won’t judge him until I’ve seen him play a few games, although I suspect he’ll only get the occasional 10 or 20 minutes off the bench. Would like to see improve with us, even without Bowyer to help him. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Awful.
    Then go and support Millwall you idiot . You’ve never seen him play
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Feel better after reading Gallens comments, hopefully we get a player with a point to prove! 
    I felt more depressed on reading Gallen.
    If we were really lucky to get him why did he have to pay his own fare to get here ?

Why if we are so mega lucky to get him was he only offered a six month deal ?
    It's just more piffle & waffle. Telling you what they think you want to hear. 

How about...."Gomes told us to f**k off when we put the same deal to him but this lad didn't like Merseyside & was desperate to get away from scousers".

or

" we have diddly squat in the budget and we are hoping that Pope/Gomez/Bonne move in January so we can sign some better players"

• Options
    Definitely whelmed with this one. Yes it's useful cover for our wingers, and the contract length gives both parties flexibility if things don't work out. However, I'd have said left back and centre midfield were bigger priorities prior to Tuesday, and given Washington's injury and Schwartz's continued absence, our forward options are a real worry unless Davison has really pushed on recently.
  • Options
    My whelm has not been remotely risen from it’s slumber by this but there’s no harm in a cheap try before you buy punt with some lose change.  However if this is the sum of our business then we’ve got problems.  Let’s see. In the meantime, welcome and good luck to the boy. He may prove to be a bargain. 
    Jerome Thomas was only £100,000. I had never heard of him, and he turned out ok 😉
    That’s how much I’d have earned if I’d got a pound for every time he fell over, instead of taking his man on!!