Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham away tickets (ed Brian Moore row S & T are being moved p10)

Comments

• HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.
    so basically 697 members of what may well be a very exclusive club of qualifying members have bought already.

What are you on about?
    2,385 allocation and so far only those with lots of points were eligible to buy them.
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.
    so basically 697 members of what may well be a very exclusive club of qualifying members have bought already.

What are you on about?
    2,385 allocation and so far only those with lots of points were eligible to buy them.
    Lots of points, not really
    490 is last 2 season tickets and 3 away games in the championship.

• edited August 2021
    clb74 said:
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?

A simple combination but it doesn’t mean that every fan that had a ST for that season and the one before it is an away traveller. Also, how many away games in championship were played in front of fans before lockdown ?; I suspect for the most part it would have been the usual suspects that formed the core of the away support, particularly for games outside London. For the London games, I recall Fulham away and QPR. When did we play millwall at the nou den ?  Brentford was at the end of the season and no fans. 
  • clb74 said:
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?

A simple combination but it doesn’t mean that every fan that had a ST for that season and the one before it is an away traveller. Also, how many away games in championship were played in front of fans before lockdown ?; I suspect for the most part it would have been the usual suspects that formed the core of the away support, particularly for games outside London. For the London games, I recall Fulham away and QPR. When did we play millwall at the nou den ?  Brentford was at the end of the season and no fans. 
    We played 18 away games in the championship , I done 14 of them.
    Reading, qpr, millwall, luton, west brom , fulham off the top of my head were in them 18 games.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?

Reading, qpr, millwall, luton, west brom , fulham off the top of my head were in them 18 games.
    You didn’t happen to be the only fan in the stadium for any of those 14 away games by any chance did you ? I thought after the boro home game in the feb that season there were no fans allowed when the season restarted, or have I got that wrong ?
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?

You didn’t happen to be the only fan in the stadium for any of those 14 away games by any chance did you ? I thought after the boro home game in the feb that season there were no fans allowed when the season restarted, or have I got that wrong ?
    Last away game was Huddersfield 29th of feb.
    Hull
    Cardiff
    Birmingham 
    Brentford 
    Leeds
    Were the last 5 away games
    Boro home was 7th of march 
    Hull away 14th of march was first game cancelled 
  • The Boro game was early March.

I think the only local away game fans missed was Brentford which would have been one of the smaller allocations anyway. Birmingham would probably have seen a good following in April.
  • edited August 2021
    Belv said:
    The Boro game was early March.

I think the only local away game fans missed was Brentford which would have been one of the smaller allocations anyway. Birmingham would probably have seen a good following in April.
    The last game of the season at Leeds would also have had a very good turn out.

Phase 7 to start very soon 1,667 tickets remaining.
  • clb74 said:
    Tbh 90% of our away games including Gillingham we could put on general sale and everyone would get a ticket.
    But should those who go away games regularly have to get in a scramble for away tickets?

Regular away travellers should get priority for every game but there definitely can be a reduction of phases. I can't see how we need more than probably 4 or 5.
  • clb74 said:
    Tbh 90% of our away games including Gillingham we could put on general sale and everyone would get a ticket.
    But should those who go away games regularly have to get in a scramble for away tickets?

In normal circumstances, i would expect Gillingham, Wycombe, Burton, Cheltenham, Portsmouth & Lincoln to come close to or sell out.
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to a lot of away games in the Championship, far more than usual (11), due to the novelty of new grounds or just for the joy at playing at big clubs again. Which benefited my points total if nothing else.

It's not quite the same when you look at the L1 fixture list and see some overfamiliar names!
  • clive said:
    clb74 said:

In normal circumstances, i would expect Gillingham, Wycombe, Burton, Cheltenham, Portsmouth & Lincoln to come close to or sell out.
    Cambridge too.
  • clive said:
    clb74 said:

Cambridge will be a new ground for many people, and relatively easy
    Wimbledon IS a new ground completely, though Boxing Day might put many people off
    Ipswich could be a massive game too
  • Postponement will help us get all our new signings bedded in..... 
    When will this be announced?
  • Postponement will help us get all our new signings bedded in..... 
    When will this be announced?
    Hopefully soon as I'm holding off buying a ticket in case it is postponed. If its still on for next Saturday then I'll get our 2 tickets, but not if its going to be midweek sometime. 
  • I actually don't think this loyalty system is nearly as bad as some claim. But the next phase at 450 points is truly pointless. A season ticket is 230. How likely is someone to be 10 points away from two season tickets worth of points?
  • Phase 8 has started 1,481 tickets remain.
  • I actually don't think this loyalty system is nearly as bad as some claim. But the next phase at 450 points is truly pointless. A season ticket is 230. How likely is someone to be 10 points away from two season tickets worth of points?
    We're on phase 8 of 10 and have sold 900 tickets. The loyalty idea is good, the system itself not so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Postponed ?
  • So once the club asks for a postponement why dont they suspend ticket sales for a couple of days?
  • clb74 said:
    So once the club asks for a postponement why dont they suspend ticket sales for a couple of days?
    Don’t be silly that would be a logical thing to do