Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham away tickets (ed Brian Moore row S & T are being moved p10)

Comments

• Options
    Belv said:
    Do we really not have many supporters that fall into the top 4 phases? If not, the phases are just odd. Seems pointless selling just about a 100 a day when there are people waiting to be able to buy.

It does seem these 10 phases could easily be halved.
    I'm in phase 2 but haven't bought mine yet, can't face it atm 😂
    Same here. Rubbish football, rubbish stand, rubbish town  :D

Funnily if this was in February, I might be more interested, as less other things to do than on a late summer's afternoon
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Do we really not have many supporters that fall into the top 4 phases? If not, the phases are just odd. Seems pointless selling just about a 100 a day when there are people waiting to be able to buy.

It does seem these 10 phases could easily be halved.
    I'm phase one, but completely forgot to buy. I assume most are just waiting to be able to buy tickets with their pals 
  • Options
    Maybe the fact it's on an International weekend is putting some people off.
    Deffo, nothing to do with the recent performances.
  • Options
    I’m gonna buy one - yep it’s a shithole (ground, stand, town) - but such an easy away game for me as I live in Dartford

It does tend to bring out the pond life I agree (train station and train last time I went was a nightmare, with way too many idiots about) - but I do enjoy an away game when I can - it’s the grounds that are fucking miles away that I struggle with these days - the thought of a very long journey home from somewhere like Morecombe is not appealing at all
  • Options
    I’m gonna buy one - yep it’s a shithole (ground, stand, town) - but such an easy away game for me as I live in Dartford

It does tend to bring out the pond life I agree (train station and train last time I went was a nightmare, with way too many idiots about) - but I do enjoy an away game when I can - it’s the grounds that are fucking miles away that I struggle with these days - the thought of a very long journey home from somewhere like Morecombe is not appealing at all
    I find the more remote away games tend to be much more enjoyable experiences. It's the local ones which attract more of the aggro and silly posturing...
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Disagree, I'm Phase 1 and went to both Oxford and MK Dons and unless we significantly improve signings and performances I'm in no rush to go to this toilet of an away end I've already done several times before.

That said, agree with the international weekend caution though as it stands we only have Gunter and Washington so wouldn't even get called off unless we sign another one or Gills have 3 call ups.
  • Options
    Must of done Gillingham about a dozen times down the years but I don't think I'll bother again unless it's a really important game. 
  • Options
    Must of done Gillingham about a dozen times down the years but I don't think I'll bother again unless it's a really important game. 
    It will be an important game, we will be trying to get out of the relegation zone 😉
  • Options
    Got 4 tickets to get but can't bring my self to do it 
  • Options
    It will be an important game, we will be trying to get out of the relegation zone 😉
    I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like if we go a goal down.
    Not for the faint hearted that's for sure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Disagree, I'm Phase 1 and went to both Oxford and MK Dons and unless we significantly improve signings and performances I'm in no rush to go to this toilet of an away end I've already done several times before.

That said, agree with the international weekend caution though as it stands we only have Gunter and Washington so wouldn't even get called off unless we sign another one or Gills have 3 call ups.
    I was being sarcastic. Im not going either after dropping nearly £150 to do Oxford and MK.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    I am washing my hair
    While you are at it, can you wash all the gillingham supporters as well? 
    The great unwashed.
  • Options
    Might have to go to this one... Has been years since I did a League away game

Only eligible from Phase Eight though
    You are in for a shock. The away end is scaffolding. No cover either. Take a fold up brolly if rain forecast or save it forca better away stadium.
    Is bloody awful - easily the worst stand I’ve ever sat in and combined with the delightful Gillingham fans a good reason to sit this one out.
  • Options
    Good job it is a traveller club, they would of nicked the scrap by now...
  • Options
    It’s a shit ground but before the game and after booze in Rochester is good I always find - plus I see a lot of people at it as it’s local and cheap. 
  • Options
    It amazes me why so many people talk of swerving this, even though it’s a shithole, we’re shit at the minute, this is our local away day
  • Options
    It amazes me why so many people talk of swerving this, even though it’s a shithole, we’re shit at the minute, this is our local away day
    I suspect the ones talking of swerving it are those that wouldn’t be going anyway and they are either  just trying to justify not going or they don’t want to be alone in their misery and are trying to put others off and encouraging a mood of avoiding the game because of doom and gloom etc etc. The reality is that a lot of charlton fans will be there despite the ‘swerve’ talk. 
  • Options
    I’m Keeping my powder dry for morecombe away.
  • Options
    Gutted I can’t do this one, always a good day out. Got an England batting collapse at the Oval to enjoy instead 
  • Options
    its no derby but its local-ish. i live in Lewisham and priestfield is super easy, fast and cheap to get to. its a also a measure for me for how well charlton will do after the transfer window so its very important.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted I can’t do this one, always a good day out. Got an England batting collapse at the Oval to enjoy instead 
    So for you to get to the Oval you’ll probably be passing loads of Charlton fans at stages of your trip as they make their merry way to Gillingham…and back again. #enjoythebanter
  • Options
    It’s a shit ground but before the game and after booze in Rochester is good I always find - plus I see a lot of people at it as it’s local and cheap. 
    It’s amazing how good Rochester is relative to Gillingham given that they’re only two stops on the train apart!
  • Options
    Phase 5 to start very soon, 1,831 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    Giving this one a miss as a family thing on but with plans to do new grounds for me Lincoln and Sunderland it gives my bank balance a rest in September. 
  • Options
    Doing Gillingham for the first time, funny how some grounds you never get to go too. 2nd "New Ground" this term.   I do hope my £22 is money well spent.
  • Options
    Just bought mine and amazed how many tickets are still available. But i purely understand the reason.
  • Options
    Just bought mine and amazed how many tickets are still available. But i purely understand the reason.
    Reason or cause ? I can’t see the point of the multiple phase system.
  • Options
    I’m Keeping my powder dry for morecombe away.
    Do both mate.
    Will have the free train travel up and running by morecambe away. 
  • Options

Agree, Rochester's decent, got some nice pubs, don't bother with Gillingham.
  • Options
    I suspect the ones talking of swerving it are those that wouldn’t be going anyway and they are either  just trying to justify not going or they don’t want to be alone in their misery and are trying to put others off and encouraging a mood of avoiding the game because of doom and gloom etc etc. The reality is that a lot of charlton fans will be there despite the ‘swerve’ talk. 
    Nobody is trying to put anyone off. I've been there the last 2 times we played at Priestfield, but will give it a miss this year

Lets face it, those who are really up for it, are up for the lads piss up in Rochester before and afterwards anyway  ;)