Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Really good news, just as the gloom was starting to settle. Hope he makes his debut at Oxford and if so, makes an immediate impact. 24 goals in three seasons is a very useful yield from a winger.
    Another potential 8/10 goals to the tally is great. Him and DJ on either wings is an exciting prospect. 
  • Great signing, and a 4 year deal into the bargain, so, who's next on the rumour trail.. B)
  • Does this mean we can play Washington and Stockley as a pairing up front now?
  • looks to have good composure around the box, pacey, tall, can finish, can assist and fits perfectly into NA's front 3 scenario with 2 playing off of Stockley - almost feels like the plan is coming together 
  • Great signing, any chance we can have Owen Dale too to keep him company? 

Welcome to Charlton, Charlie 
  • Surprised the music for the twitter video wasn't #AddicksToVictory
  • edited August 2021
    Great signing!
    No firing squad for me :D COYA!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks. A well needed fillip. 

Next....!
  • Absolutely outstanding signing. Just the kind of player we need - and a real coup for the club. Excited!
  • Excellent news.
    Maybe we are the tortoise to Ipswich's hare?
  • Great signing, and on a 4y deal to boot... cl
  • Does this mean we can play Washington and Stockley as a pairing up front now?
    You'd hope 442 would be an option, especially against teams parking the bus
  • Welcome Charlie and thank you for coming. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here
  • edited August 2021
    Great signing.

PLEEEEASE make him Captain for at least one game.
    Would bring a host of new Trekkie fans to the Valley.

Kirk quote 

You Either Believe In Yourself Or You Don’t.

A captain needs confidence, and that's something Kirk has in spades. He knows that if he doesn't believe in the mission, then his crew won't believe in it either, and if he doesn't believe in himself, they won't be comfortable following him.

Even more important is the knowledge that without believing in oneself, there is no hope for improvement. And if a person can not improve, then what is the purpose of existence? To Captain Kirk, there is no more important thing for a person to have than faith in themself.

• Great news. And my ticket for Oxford has just arrived!
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    I would love us to play 442. Washington brings so much to the team in terms of energy I would hate him to be on the bench most games
    disagree - if he's on the bench then things are going well - he's decent, he's an all rounder, a hard worker, but a division blower he ain't 
  • From a Crewe fan at work:

Thought he was the new Ronaldo at the beginning of the last season, then his partner on the left broke his leg and the overlapping fullback was transferred to Blackburn.  Kirk didn’t really shine after this. 

And half the fans will hate him as he hates challenging for the ball, he will lose (not even contest) 70/30 balls in his favour.

I still loved him though

• bobmunro said:
    From a Crewe fan at work:

Thought he was the new Ronaldo at the beginning of the last season, then his partner on the left broke his leg and the overlapping fullback was transferred to Blackburn.  Kirk didn’t really shine after this. 

And half the fans will hate him as he hates challenging for the ball, he will lose (not even contest) 70/30 balls in his favour.

I still loved him though

another negative ninny
  • No idea if he's any good as my depth of knowledge of players extends to Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes but looks a good un re the reaction and the fact of 4 years is promising.
  • bobmunro said:

I still loved him though

another negative ninny
    Yes - he is that!!
  • bobmunro said:

I still loved him though

Don't you just love the usual sour grapes..he wasn't any good really stuff B)