Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• Options
    Whats on the side of his face? - Is that a bruise or a birth mark of some kind?
    Birthmark I believe. 
  • Options
    Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.
    There is always ONE negative Nancy......😄
    You tell him, Golfie! :smiley:

• Options
    presumably signed as a midfielder as right back is one position where we are pretty well covered
  • Options
    Good to have another signing and a fee paid which goes against what some have been saying

I'd never heard of him until this morning but proven at this level, young and has pissed off Tarbuck so all good.

One down, eight to go (but not today)
    You reckon we still need 8?
  • Options
    I’ll wait until I can get an assessment from some of those with better knowledge of other teams players but he sounds decent.
  • Options
    Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.

Is a bit odd to be fair especially given there was some sort of fee involved. Would have thought an option of a third year would be sensible.
  • Options
    We'll stomp that nonsense out of him straight away
    Charltonisation is a thing of the past (fingers, arms. legs, toes all crossed) .. the new positive buzzword is Adkinsised
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jac_52 said:

Is a bit odd to be fair especially given there was some sort of fee involved. Would have thought an option of a third year would be sensible.
    Perhaps there is.

• Options
    Floebot said:
    Looks like he's got a decent strike on him

Watching that though I can't see why Robinson wanted him to play RB
  • Options
    nerveless penalty v Hibs for Hearts  .. the equivalent of scoring one for us v Millwall
  • Options

Looks like my kind of player. Hopefully we can get the best out of him
  • Options
    Floebot said:
    Looks like he's got a decent strike on him

Watching that though I can't see why Robinson wanted him to play RB
    I think I know the answer - above in bold 
  • Options
    Similar to Lyle Taylor? Oh no I can’t believe I just said that but he seems to have the same confidence.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard Sean…👍
  • Options
    Leave it out, a big improvement on past signings.  It's been a mass of loans with some less than a season long contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks mobile and athletic. Can also score.
    Welcome Sean.

• Options
    wonder if his reputed indiscipline is reflected in the number of clubs he's already played for ?
  • Options
    Looks a good signing, excited by this one.
  • Options
    Normally I have to be out for the day for transfers to happen, but I triggered this by being offline for 30 minutes as I was doing some upgrades to my PC
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Looks mobile and athletic. Can also score.
    Welcome Sean.

And now Charlton Athletic 
  • Options
    Happy with this, seems the sort of young player we should be after
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Floebot said:
    Goals from midfield... now I'm excited. Some good finishes in that compilation.

Dobson/Watson, Clare and Gilbey/Morgan are a good three to have in the middle. They should all compliment each other well.
  • Options
    Good video compilation but just wtf and I mean just wtf did Robinson see in him to think I know I’ll stick him at right back. 
  • Options
    Seems he was a midfielder but Robinson bought him to play right back. From this interview it sounds like he wasn’t that comfortable with it:
    ‘In my heart of hearts I’m a midfielder....’

https://youtu.be/hA2EHouqpfU