Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• clive said:
    Good interview, well shot, decent production values. He’s an articulate guy, and I hope he has a good season for us.  
  • Good luck to Sean Clare. 3 operations or 2 operations and a procedure, is quite something to go through.
  • Good interview. Lovely lad.
  • Really nice interview.... got to say I think our comms and content team do a bloody good job. Full marks for the production values, great interviewing style and Sean Clare came across really well.
    Just me that found the questions long-winded and repetitive?
  • He was in the same London county team as Joe Gomez, Fred Onyedinma and Kasey Palmer. Was a great lad back then and seems he has remained a good person. Glad to see him having success - just hope he doesn’t get tagged as a utility player and finds a settled starting position.
  • Still doesn't sound like what he wants exactly, "if that's where the gaffer sees me...." but starting at right back is better than being on the bench as a midfielder, and sounds like he'll be professional about it.
  • seth plum said:
    I like him as a person because he is a Vegan.
    Possibly our first since Jermaine Defoe, but Jermaine may not have been a vegan that young.
    Anybody know if Ron Dangerfield is also a Vegan?
    You judge a person by what they eat (or don't eat)? 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Possibly our first since Jermaine Defoe, but Jermaine may not have been a vegan that young.
    I don't like him as a person because he is a vegan

Sounds a bit silly doesn't it? 
  • bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Echo my thoughts there...
  • He covers the CB's and their odd mistakes very well.
  • Still doesn't sound like what he wants exactly, "if that's where the gaffer sees me...." but starting at right back is better than being on the bench as a midfielder, and sounds like he'll be professional about it.
    I think it might be dawning on him that his best position isn't the one he wants to play, and it wasn't just KR being awkward!
  • seth plum said:
    Pretty sure Josh Parker was/is vegan. Also I think Lawrie Wilson might have turned vegan/plant-based at some point.
  • bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Depends what you mean by judge. I warm to a person who doesn’t eat meat and fish that much is true.
  • edited July 2022
    Still doesn't sound like what he wants exactly, "if that's where the gaffer sees me...." but starting at right back is better than being on the bench as a midfielder, and sounds like he'll be professional about it.
    I think it might be dawning on him that his best position isn't the one he wants to play, and it wasn't just KR being awkward!
    What's interesting is that with us at least it's definitely been by necessity (CB injuries, Gunter & Matthews being rubbish, Egbo getting injured) and yet it has probably proven that right.

I think he could do very well this season at right back, he's athletic, decent on the ball, decent enough in the air, all the qualities needed in a modern full back.
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Depends what you mean by judge. I warm to a person who doesn’t eat meat and fish that much is true.
    Would your view change if putin was a vegan?
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Hitler was a vegetarian.

He was also an anti-semite and homicidal dictator 

Just saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    You choose to like someone purely because they're vegan... That means you must dislike some people purely because they're not. That's pretty shallow.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    You choose to like someone purely because they're vegan... That means you must dislike some people purely because they're not. That's pretty shallow.
    That's flawed logic
  • Will be our first choice right back all season.
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    No, because other factors would outweigh the virtue of being a vegan.
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Hitler was a vegetarian.

He was also an anti-semite and homicidal dictator 

Just saying.
    Yes, but would you have warmed to him if he was previously Charlton's right back?
    More of a right winger.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    You introduce the word ‘purely’ as if there is only one factor that might make a person likeable or not.
    Perhaps you should’ve started your post with the word ‘if’.
    Being utilised as a right back was quoted as part of the reason for his leaving Oxford.  How long is his contract?  If he's deployed as makeshift right back most of the time through til Christmas, Garner risks losing him in January.  Still having no senior left backs at all (Sessegnon's best position by far is on the right) is worrying.  We're one more injury and a suspension away from nobody with any senior full back experience at all and that's mad.
  • GNelson said:
    seth plum said:
    Pretty sure Josh Parker was/is vegan. Also I think Lawrie Wilson might have turned vegan/plant-based at some point.
    Josh Parker definitely is a vegan