Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• edited January 2022
    I’d start him up front with Stockers if he’s available for the Pap trophy on Tuesday.
  • They have the same initials?
  • Not sure what is expected of players on match day when they aren’t included in the first team squad, but saw Burstow almost every home game before and after the match. Never spoke to him, but whenever anyone approached him he always seemed a polite and welcoming. Seems a real nice kid and really pleased that it’s working out for him.
  • /Henry Irving said:
    Needs to work on his fitness. Marked down accordingly because he has to keep up with play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen him driving into Sparrows Lane after dropping my eldest off to nursery.  He was driving a 59 plate Corsa.

I saw another maybe a year older than him (not going to mention the name) in a 21 plate merc with all the trimmings.  

Whilst I’m not in any way demonising having the flash car, they earned it so fair doos, Mason does come across as very humble  👏🏻 
    why was he dropping your eldest off at nursery?
    Ffs 😂 
  • We REALLY need to tie him down on a longer and  better contract now.

Managing our promising kids is something we've been atrocious with for too long, we've got to be proactive, none of this "we'll wait until the summer to sort something out" nonsense please.
  • Nice goal today but needs to do better with the ball on the deck and attack defenders..

Managing our promising kids is something we've been atrocious with for too long, we've got to be proactive, none of this "we'll wait until the summer to sort something out" nonsense please.
    How many years did he sign? Two? Agree we need him tied down for three or four more years ideally.

I would be very surprised if we weren't trying to do exactly that. It's probably not entirely down to us though if his agent is in his ear talking about summer already... 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Nice goal today but needs to do better with the ball on the deck and attack defenders..
    Karlan was great at running at sides, but rarely hit the target. Mason may not be as good as Karlan was at that, but he's streets ahead as a finisher at this age.
    You know a striker isn't a good finisher when the manager makes the "there's more to his game than goals" comment. It's finishing which is what makes a striker valuable.

Mason is a natural, the run and shot against Havant, the goalpoacher finishes today and against Villa.
  • It's true. Ironically if Washy was in the box for Mason's goal, he probably would have placed himself in quite a safe and innocuous position to threaten the goal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you think he’ll start v Hartlepool or be given a rest?
    Wonder if thats partly why he was taken off today
    Wonder if thats partly why he was taken off today
    I don't think JJ aims to play him for 90 yet.

I would guess Washington and Davison myself, with Burstow available off the bench - unless Davison goes out on loan before then.
  • I like his movement off the ball , please be brilliant 

• Good to see his steady progress, and really happy for him yesterday. I think he will do well for JJ and Charlton.
    would like to see Kanu 
  • If mason is as honest and humble as they say then he will have a bright future. Obviously good in the air and as he gets stronger and tougher he will become a great player. The humble bit strikes me though.
  • sammy391 said:
    Do you think he’ll start v Hartlepool or be given a rest?
    would like to see Kanu 
    Hope its why he was on the bench for the U18s yesterday