Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    great performance from George. He is young too so has a great opportunity to become a firm favourite here. How didn't Adkins see this? Incredible.
    Common discourse this now, ignoring the fact that after the first set of games a large majority of the fan base were bemoaning our ‘poor’ recruitment and arguing that Dobson and Clare were not of ‘required standard’. 

The Dobson, Clare and Morgan trio did not work, full stop.  I don't think it would work under Jack either.  None of our other midfielders had a preseason with us due to Covid and late arrivals.  In hindsight he should have bought Dobson back earlier, he was rightfully dropped after Wigan, and he brought Morgan back too soon. 

To say it was wrong is right, but it wasn't the clear and obvious error some are now suggesting.

It's the same with the right back situation, everyone knew we were conceding too many goals through that channel, no one suggested the solution was to get rid of the right back all together.  
  • Options
    paulfox said:

A lot of people looking slightly silly, remembering Dobson and Clare were getting pelters and were apparently sub standard second choice signings. The pair of them are proving doubters wrong, gladly.
    I mean people were just judging using their eyes and looking at the poor performances in the first month or two. 

Seems now Adkins has gone they're completely different players. Same goes for a lot of them. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:

A lot of people looking slightly silly, remembering Dobson and Clare were getting pelters and were apparently sub standard second choice signings. The pair of them are proving doubters wrong, gladly.
    I mean people were just judging using their eyes and looking at the poor performances in the first month or two. 

Seems now Adkins has gone they're completely different players. Same goes for a lot of them. 
    The worrying ones are the ones that it happened to under both Bowyer and Adkins.  Jackson will know why and hopefully either stop it happening again or get rid. 
  • Options
    developing into a reliable one of the first names on the sheeter
  • Options
    He’s a good good player and absolutely vital to how we play 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Personally, and this isn’t me just being wise after the event, I never thought he looked that bad to begin with. Obviously he’s stepped it up in recent weeks but he had decent matches before Jacko took over. In fact his last game (Wycombe?) before being seemingly permanently dropped by Adkins I thought he was our best player and showed lots of signs of what he has been doing since coming back into the team.

Some of the damnation of idviduals in response to our overall very poor form was always a touch hysterical and premature. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the risk of revealing I missed the joke completely I don’t think he’s anyone other than a George Dobson lookalike?
  • Options
    paulfox said:

and the reason why we need to give Charlie Kirk a second chance.
  • Options
    What a fantastic signing. Well done Ged. 
  • Options
    Great pass to Washington for the first 
  • Options
    Another fantastic performance tonight 👏 👏👏👏
  • Options
    Looked very calm and collected today!
    Midfield over-run at times, and caught napping but overall very positive 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Super player
  • Options
    Bloke needs a song surely…🤔

🎼 He is here,He is there,He is Every Fucking where…Super George,Super George 🎼
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Again it’s amazing Adkins spent so long playing Watson or Arter.
    Said somewhere earlier in this thread that for me the Adkins reign can be defined by the fact he didn't even think Dobson was good enough for a place on the bench most weeks. Made the first goal and i thought he was generally one of our best players again tonight.

As you say, how the fuck Adkins picked Watson over him for weeks i'll never know.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Said somewhere earlier in this thread that for me the Adkins reign can be defined by the fact he didn't even think Dobson was good enough for a place on the bench most weeks. Made the first goal and i thought he was generally one of our best players again tonight.

As you say, how the fuck Adkins picked Watson over him for weeks i'll never know.
    I have to say this again whenever this comes up. But how easily it is that people seem to forget that there was a clear majority of the fan base who were saying our early signings and transfer business (Clare, and Dobson essentially) were part of the reason we were doing so poorly.

Fans blaming Roddy for some grand conspiracy, saying Gallen had lost his touch, bemoaning that Sandgaard was not investing in the team like Ipswich were. Saying they had no connection with the players, and that they looked like they didn’t care.

Of course as fans we can only go by what is happening on the pitch at the time. But it’s amazing how much peoples attitudes, feelings and biases (mine included) can change depending on if we are winning or losing.

Hard to judge any player fairly under Adkins given his random selections. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Didn't he play Watson more over Pratley at the end of last season?, Guess, he just saw Watson and Arter as fitting his "style" more, that deep play maker to lay off a 4 yard side ways pass rather than someone to actually hassle, and get in players faces - and the boy can actually pass too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Calling Dobson a Pratley continuity player is genuine calumny. He passes the ball five times better and fouls his man while winning the ball five times less